Emperor's Children and Tyranids vs. Greky Knights and Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Emperor's Children and Tyranids vs. Grey Knights and Tau

Me and some friends were at the GW Store and they had some campaign goign so we figured we'd play. It was 3000 pts a team, standard kill em all mission. Here's my list and (hopefully) a clear version of their lists.

Lilith:
    Slaanesh Lieutenant: D. Speed and Strength, Mark of Slaanesh, 2x Lightning Claws, Frag Grenades, Spiky Bits, Personal Icon, Infiltrate, Warp Talisman, 6 Minor Psychic Rolls, Sorceror = 221

Shornaal:
    Slaanesh Lord: B. Pistol, Frag Grenades, Dark Blade, D. Mutation Speed Strength, Personal Icon, Spiky Bits, Infiltrate, Warp Talisman, 6 Minor Psychci Rolls, Sorceror = 247

They Who Thirst #1-5
    6 Demonettes = 90

The Faithful
    3 Bikes w/ Mark of Slaanesh, Tank Hunter, 2x Melta Gun, Icon of Chaos = 146

Her Riders
    3 Bikes w/ Mark of Slaanesh, Tank Hunter, 2x Melta Gun, Icon of Chaos = 146

Blissful Death
    Predator w/ Dozer Blade, 2x Heavy Bolters, Blastmaster, Extra Armor, Havoc Launcher = 145

The Rapturer
    Predator w/ Dozer Blade, 2x Heavy Bolters, Blastmaster, Extra Armor, Havoc Launcher = 145

Tyranids:

Hive Tyrant w/ 2x Scything Talons, Winged, Warp Field, Adrenal Glands, Flesh Hooks, Implant Attack, Toxic Miasma, Toxin Sacs = 215

8 Genestealers w/ Scuttlers = 152

13 Hormagaunts w/ Toxin Sacs and Adrenal Glands = 169

15 Hormagaunts w/ Toxin Sacs and Adrenal Glands = 195

15 Hormagaunts w/ Toxin Sacs and Adrenal Glands = 195

2x Ravener w/ Rending Claws = 80

2x Ravener w/ Rending Claws = 80

2x Zoanthrope w/ Synapase Creature, Psychic Scream = 110

Carnifex w/ Enhanced Sense, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler = 148

Carnifex w/ Enhanced Sense, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler = 148

Greky Knights:

Grand master w/ Scourging, N. Force Weapon, Storm Bolter, Icon of the Just = 190

4 Termies 1 BC, 1 Incinerator = 260

Inquisitor w/ Force Weapon, Artificer Armor, Icon of the Just, B. Pistol, 2x Vet. Guardsmen w/ 1 Plasma Gun = 131

6 GKs w/ 2 Psycannons = 250

7 GKs w/ 2 Psycannons = 275

Dreddie w/ TW Las = 130

LRC = 255

Tau:

Shas'O w/ Cyclic Ion Blaster, Fusion Blaster, Dron Controller and 2 Shield Drones = 132

3x 3 Crisis Suits w/ Plasma Gun, Fusion Blaster, Dron Controller and 2 Shield Drones = 261

2x 12 Fire Warriors w/ Sarge and Bonding Knife, 1 Pulse Carbine = 135

3 Broadsides w/ Drone Controller and 2 Shield Drones = 300 (Other upgrades are possible, Tau pisses me off)

Terrain:
    There were three small ruins in the middle center. A large building was in the upper left and two smaller buildings in the lower left and right and upper right. We decided it was just all ruins area terrain, except the buildings which had terrain lines.

Deployment:
    The Stealers, 2 big Gaunt Squads, 1 Fex and a Zoanthrope hid on the extreme left to use the buildings for cover. 1 Fex, 2 Raveners, 1 Zoanthrope, the small Gaunt squad and the Tyrant were in the middle. The other Raveners supported my right flank. My Predators held the middle-right.The Bikers were also on the middle-right.

The Broadsides, 1 Fire Warrior squad, LRC, 1 GK squad and Inquisitor held the middle for them. All suits and another Fire Warrior squad held the extreme left building. The Dreddie, last GK squad and GM held his right. My Lt. Infiltrated in front of Fire Warriors and the Lord was in front of GKs. The both got Siren, go me.

Game:

Evil Turn 1:

We got 1st turn (Hurray evil!) and were assaulting a Tau planet, I guess that was good for us, it was my first time with their freaky rules. Both my chars made ready for 1st Turn assaults and all Tyranids shuffled forward while the Tyrant flew to the right flank. The Fex's miffed it and my Predator Penetrating Immobilized the Dreddie, making it so it really couldn't see anything all game. In the assault my Lord dropped 4 GKs but the Justicar poked him once :[ the Lt. killed 4 Fire Warriors and they all missed back.

Good Turn 1:

The LRC began an advance into my bikes, which I thought was very foolish but w/e. The free GKs moved down through terrain and the Tau all stayed still. The LRC fired on Gaunts and killed 3 and the GKs killed 2 bikes. Tau shooting dropped all the stealers and put a wound on the Tyrant. In Assault my Lord killed the last two normal GKs, the Justicar missed and got drug down. The Lord went toward the Inquisitor and GM. The Lt. killed 3 more Fire Warriors for no return but they didn't want to run.

Evil Turn 2:

3 Demonette squads came into play, 1 near the LRC and 2 near the Tau. The 'Nids swarmed around the LRC, blocking access points almost completley and the bikes got an Penetrating Immobilization. The GKs fell out and only one could make it safley. (Rules question that I was confused by, if a vehicle is Destroyed can you disembark on top of it with or without room to get out? It seems unfair if you can just crawl on top of it.) The Fex's killed both the Inquisitors lackies. The Lord jumped the Inquisitor and killed him, the Raveners and Tyrant couldnt pierce the LRC and the Lt. finally broke the Fire Warriors and ran them down. 6 Demonettes assaulted a Suit squad, killed 1 drone and one suit and lost one back, but they held.

Good Turn 2:

The GKs moved down further and the GM tried to close in with my Lord. The unengaged suits walked on top of the building and Tau shooting put huge holes in the Gaunt numbers, reducing them both below half. The GKs killed all the Gaunts near them while the LRC meltaed a wound on the Tyrant. In assault the Demonnettes killed the other drone and wounded a suit, lost another and stayed locked.

Evil Turn 3:

My other Demons didn't come in. 2 Raveners jumped the last Termie and 2 jumped the GKs. The Lord and Tyrant charged the GM. My Lt. charged the Broadsides. Shooting only saw the LRC lose it's AC and Melta. The Lt. broke the Broadsides and ran them down and headed toward the remianing Tau. The GM was tore apart by 500 pts of CC muscle. The GKs lost 2 but killed a Ravener. The BC killed a Ravener for no loss. A depleted Gautn sqaud charged Fire Warriors, miffed it, lost 1 and broke. The Demonettes broke the Suits after losing another demon but were left in the open.

Good Turn 3:

Everything was pretty locked up so Tau just killed all but 3 Gaunts on the board and the beat up demon sqaud. The last Ravener ate the BC and the GKs wounded the last Ravener and it killed 1 back. It was obvious we had it won, the Tyranids had lost cannon fodder and I'd lost less than that.

Evil Turn 4:

Everything went pretty right this turn. The Lt. assaulted the Fire Warriors, Demons assaulted a suit sqaud, the Lord went toward the GKs, and the Tyrant flew into the Dreddie. One of my Predator's Immobilized itself (grumble) and the other moved to fire next turn. My Lt. broke the Fire Warriors and ran em down. The Demons ripped the Suits apart and ran them down as well for no loss. The Ravener and GKs confounded each other. The Tyrant ate the Dreddie. I should mention 3 melta guns went at the LRC everyturn and just melted alot of paint.

Good Turn 4:

Shooting put a wound on a Fex and shot up some demons. The Ravener and GKs blinked again. Very fast turn.

Evil Turn 5:

My Preadotr and both Fexs shot down a whole Suit unit. The Lt. charged the Commander, beat him and ran him down. The LRC survived and even with the Lord in combat the GKs survived, just udner half. Tau had been ruined and the GKs prepared to pull out as Tyranids and Chaos swarmed their new world!

Sorry I lacked pictures but I only went their to chill and din't plan on paying games. The report should be fairly spot on even though I'm tired. :ninja: Should I feel proud I sort of did everything? Maybe not. :]

Last edited by EmoJosh; March 26th, 2007 at 07:54.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It bugs me how so many TAU generals let their units get into close combat. Bad list for the Tau, (really, really, really bad list.) bad choices for the upgrades, etc.
    You deserved a win, but if you have only played against this Tau list, you can't say that you have actually played a REAL tau list (as in one that does not suck).
    oh well.
    good job and a deserved win.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Yeah he had a bad list but he played it well, he didn't let his guys get into CC he was between Tyranids, a monster character and some demons and just couldn't shoot his way out. They didn't support each other like we did, the Grey Knight guy was pretty newb. I was more happy that I did almost all the killing than the fact we won. I have played good lists, all Fire Warrior list, Air Cavalry list and inbetween. Tau is not a fun army to play for me because they just don't offer resistance, but other people might enjoy them. Thanks for the comment.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't Knock the Tau.
    If you were to play me, my mech list would eat your army for brunch.
    His army was just n00bish.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Well as much as I like arguing over superiority it's kinda pointless, who can say I'm cooler the most times? If your ever in Arizona, drop me a line, same thing I tell everyone else on here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

i think these newb. deserved a pasting once in a while (it builds up character and experience).
    and in my opinion is another (yes there are more) dull battle report...
    i've just read the Tau vs. Cheese bat. rep boring!

although i do like the idea of a souped up Hive Tyrant and Slaaneshi Lieutenant taking on the GM, i'd like to see his astonished face lol!

"have that follower of the false Emporer" and, "i'm gonna bite you're head off and dribble down your neck!"

as for the GM:

"Eek!"

{goofy}

-Kai-Itza

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I'm not to sure if you called my report dull lol. It wasn't my best, usually I write custom fluff from commanders points of views and am pretty descriptive but it's hard with a 2 on 2 plus I missed half of what was happening cause the Tau would should the Nids without any knowledge on my part, I just look over and alot of models that aren't mine are gone. But yeah, no harm in crushing newbs as long as you remember to play people you might lose to also, some people around here forget that second part.

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Nice battle report, I personally love hearing about battles where the teams actually MIGHT team up in the fluff (well, besides the 'nids in this one. They hates everyone.). A good win for the forces of evil! I like the way you use your list, Daemon bombs are always fun. SOunds like the GK and Tau were kinda screwed from the begginning list-wise. Demon + Bug swarms... Nasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Aether-Moose View Post
    Nice battle report, I personally love hearing about battles where the teams actually MIGHT team up in the fluff (well, besides the 'nids in this one. They hates everyone.)..
    not if the 'nids are tainted by the power of chaos... Chaos + Tyranids (as a single army, imagine Khornate Genestealers *Cringe*) = the end of life as we know it!

as for your bat rep Prince of Eccess (spelling:cry: ), it's good on your part but, as for the newbs. your up against it could've been better and more challenging for the all of ya.

i can tell although i havn't played a game of 40k yet but, i do know bad tactics when i see them (newb.'s, not you)

-Kai-Itza-
    Last edited by Kai-Itza; March 28th, 2007 at 10:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Yeah I tried to help out the GK player as he was across from me but he wasn really new. Sometimes pounding them makes them re-think their lists, hopefully. ><

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast