Disruption of Plant Chaos - Necron vs Chaos: 4 - 0 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disruption of Plant Chaos - Necron vs Chaos: 4 - 0

Necrons win again. 4th straight time. Chaos needs help badly. The robots walked all over the Slanesh traitors.

Necrons:

Troops 1:
    10 warriors

Troops2:
    10 warriors

Chaos:

Troops1:
    9 warriors - marked w/ sonic blasters

Troops2:
    9 warriors - marked w/ sonic blasters

The Necrons appeared in the toxic waste and set about attacking the Chaos combat drug factory. A river of poison cut the land in half and two large buildings straddled the stream of green, steaming liquid. Both forces used the large buildings as cover and moved closer to each other. In the first wave of combatants, the Chaos force split up and one squad as mowed down. Chaos had learned quickly, and in the second wave they stayed back and fired on the necrons as they emerged from behind the drug factory. The robots assaulted Chaos but, in the end, the robots still had not killed the last member of either fearless Chaos squad. With many more robots behind this spearhead, Chaos retreated into their fortress and awaited transport off the planet before the inevitable bombardment.

P.S. Any advice on how to get the necrons to stay down would be of help. He's got 2 lords w/ orbs and a Monolith ready to go for the next battle. Chaos will bring out Lords and a Defiler. Help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Dude, I don't understand how you are loosing and im a Necron Player.

You have more firepower than him at 13-24" and should easily win this firefight.
    Sonics are assault 2 or heavy 3 so at 24" if you stand still you have 54 shots to his 20?
    He has to come to you and if he moves and he is still more than 12" away he cannot shoot at all!!! Then all you have to do is keep backing away and you still get 36 shots to his nothing.

Concentrate all your fire on one unit at a time and remember that he cannot WBB a model if there is not a similar model within 6". And once the starts a turn with 5 warriors or less (after WBB roles are made) he phases out.

Now for bigger battles:
    If he has 2 lords and a Monolith just ignore them and go for Phase out.
    Kill Destroyers, Immortals, Heavy Destroyers, Warriors, Wraiths and Flayed Ones and ignore the rest. Keep an eye on Phase out number and you will soon teach him a lesson of taking so many points that do not add to the Phase Out number.

Take Power Fists on your free AC (assuming you are playing EC and using units of 6). Im not sure on the wisdom of taking vehicles against Necrons as they as the best army to deal with them. I think your better going for squads of 6 with sonics and Blastmasters. Maybe some infiltrating squads with icons to summon deamonettes from with sonics and Doom Sirens. Maybe even a Keeper of Secrets or at least a tooled up lord with speed or flight. Necrons in general have trouble dealing with 2+ saves so some terminators would do well also.

But if you have better firepower at range then use it. Don't close with them and loose your advantage. REMEMBER Phase Out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by null_sheen View Post
    You have more firepower than him at 13-24" and should easily win this firefight.
    Sonics are assault 2 or heavy 3 so at 24" if you stand still you have 54 shots to his 20?
    This is all very true. The drug factory provided cover so he was able to move up to mid-table without Chaos getting line of sight. After that the Necrons just charged. I don't like to say that luck has anyting to do with outcomes, but the Necron player was rolling pretty awesome and Chaos was getting some "bad luck".

In the next encounter, the Necrons will be attacking a slave-holding facility (the Necrons want the life force of the slaves since they are clustered together and will be easy pickings once the defenders are gone). The terrain will provide less cover since the holding pens are built into the ground.

If Chaos loses that battle, they will have withdrawn to a defensive perimeter around their space port. Chaos will be trying to hold off the Necrons while they load all their gear and slaves into transport vehicles. And if Chaos wins the holding-pen encounter, they will attempt to destroy a Necron disruption generator.

P.S. I was just adjudicating the match (scenario, terrain, rules lawyer, and cheerleader).
    Last edited by lttpeck; April 9th, 2007 at 14:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Well it sounds like a cool campaign anyway, even if i am scratching my head on how warriors beat CSM in HtH :w00t:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nightbringer public announcement

I was running the Necron army so I'll give you guys a quick rundown.

First, we're not real experienced, we've only played a few matches.

Second, during the first match I used terrain to avoid line of sight until I could assault, thus negating his ranged firepower advantage. Also he made the mistake of splitting his forces and I dog piled my two squads on his heavy sonic squad.

In the 2nd match he got 1 round of shooting with each squad before they got assaulted. And during most of that match he had pretty crummy rolls.

We were playing on a pretty small table (4'x4' I think) with a large piece of terrain in the middle I used to maneuver around to block line of sight till I could pounce.

+ Reply to Thread