Eldar vs. Dark Angels ~ 1500 pnts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar vs. Dark Angels ~ 1500 pnts

Well, this is my first battle report, so bear with me if it is a little weak.

My Army
    HQ
    Eldrad Ulthran
    *note- I was a little under the gun to have around 1500 points painted and ready, so thats why he's in here, i wouldnt normally use him in such a low point game.

Troops
    2 10 man Dire Avenger squads, exarch with 2 catapults/bladestorm
    10 man Guardian squad, scatter laser, warlock with conceal

Elites
    6 Banshees, exarch with executioner

Heavy Support
    Wraithlord, wraithsword, bright lance
    Falcon, scatter laser, shuriken cannon, holofield
    5 Dark reapers, exarch with reaper launcher/fast shot

My Opponent
    HQ
    Sammael, master of the ravenwing, on jet bike

Troops
    5 scouts, rocket launcer, 4 sniper rifles
    1 squad of 10 marines, plasma cannon
    1 squad of 5 marines, lascannon and plasma gun
    1 squad of 10 marines, plasma cannon, vet seargent with power fist
    Ravenwing sqaud with 6 bikes, apothacary, 2 melta guns, vet seargent with powerfist, attack bike with multimelta

Fast Attack
    landspeeder, heavy bolter/assault cannon
    landspeeder, heavy bolter/assault cannon

Scenery and Deployment
    The board we were playing on was a 6x4 ash world with building rubble. We decided to play long board edges. The bottom left quarter of the board was sectioned off with a lava river, (impassable terrain), with three bridges across it spaced equally. There were two buildings inside this section lined up with the edge of the deployment zone and a third building in middle of the bottom right quarter. The opposite side had two large buildings spaced evenly in their deployment zone. There was one final large building on the line between the bottom right and top right quarters.

I got the side with the lava section. My reapers were placed in the left most building inside the lava section, with the two dire avenger squads on different floors in the next building. Eldrad was placed between the two buildings a little back and the avatar was placed behind the avenger's building. The falcon (with banshees waiting inside) was placed behind the reaper building. My guardians and the wraithlord were placed in the third building to the right.

My opponent split up his lascannon sqad, placing the bolter weilding part on the far left and the lascannon part in the leftmost building. The plasma cannon squad/powerfist squad was placed between the two buildings. The other plasma cannons squad was split, the cannon going on the right building with the bolters going to the right of that one. Sammael and the bikers were placed to the far right by the large building, (as far away from the reapers as possible ). The speeders were put one in each building with enough area terrain between them and me so i couldnt shoot them on the first turn.

Turn 1
    Fortunately I got the first turn, so I went to work right away. Eldrad cast guide on the reapers, failing the first time, (not necessarily a good sign...), but passing a second attempt. He then cast fortune on the reapers as well. The falcon moved up on the left a bit, and the guardians repositioned so their scatter laser could fire into the marines on the buildings, but everything else held position. The reapers opened up with the fury of khaine, knocking the full plasma cannon squad down to two models (the vet searg and the cannon). The falcon fired at the remaining models, leaving only the seargent alive. The guardians and the wraithlord fired into the half plasma cannon squad, taking two models out.

My opponent then swung into action, charging the lone seargent toward the nearest bridge so he could get across the lava and avenge his fallen comrades in bloody combat. The half squads with bolters both moved directly forward while their heavy weapon counter parts held position in their buildings along with the scouts. Sammael and the bikes moved to the right in an attempt to move behind the large building in between the deployment zones in an attpempt to flank me and keep well away from the reapers. The speeders moved toward the middle of the board, one crossing the lava and another lining up ahead of my wraithlord. He fired his lascannon into my falcon, but it missed. The left speeder fired on my reapers, but thanks to fortune, i didnt lose any. The remaining plasma cannon fired into my avengers and killed two. The scout squad fired on my wraithlord, missing their rocket launcher and wounding twice with their sniper rifes, (stupid worthless 3+ save...) The multi melta shot at my wraithlord and promptly failed to wound, and the speeder did the same.

Turn 2
    Well, it was turn 2 and i was only down two models, so i was feeling pretty good. I cast guide on my reapers, fortune on the reapers, and guide on the falcon. The falcon moved ahead towards the leftmost bridge that the bolter squad was crossing and my guardians backed up a little to avoid getting charged the next turn by the flanking bikes. My reapers opened up again, firing on the lascannon squad and killing all but the lascannon. My falcon cleaned this model up for me. Both avenger squads fired on the land speeder in range, immobilizing and killing it. The wraithlord fired on the speeder ahead of it, missing completely. The guardians tried their hand against the speeder, taking off both guns and rendering it effectively useless.

My opponent again moved the lone marine up, as well as both bolter squads. The bikes came roaring around the buildings, bearing down on my poor guardians and the attack bike moved forward a bit. The plasma cannon fired at my guardians along with sammael and the biker squad, taking out a total of six models, (i love conceal ). The scouts fired at the wraithlord again, but thankfully my armour was working again and i didnt take any wounds. The leftmost bolter squad charged my falcon in an attempt to use their krak grenades, but they failed.

Turn 3
    I again guided my reapers and fortuned them, as well as guiding the avengers on the bottom floor. My tank moved slightly, allowing my banshees to get out. My wraithlord moved out of the building away from the bikes as i didnt want to be charged by a powerfist that turn. My reapers fired again, taking out the last plasma cannon squad. My banshees fired on the marines they were about to charge, killing two. My dire avengers fired on the lone seargent approaching them and killed him. My falcon fired on the scouts, only causing one wound. My wraithlord fired on it as well, doing nothing. My guardians fired on the bikes, causing a wound that was promptly ignored by the apothacary. My banshees charged the bolter marines and whiped them out.

My opponent moved his bikes toward my guardians and shifted his last bolter squad and the attack bike forward. His scouts fired on my wraithlord, again failing to wound with the missile launcher but again causing a wound with a sniper rifle, bringing my huge construct crashing to the ground. He fired his bolt pistos from the bikes and the multi melta at my guardians, failing to kill anything, and then charged. The painters and poets were butchered in short order.

Turn 4
    Again I used my standard list of powers on my reapers and avengers. My banshees moved into the falcon again and the falcon then moved over the lava into his deployment zone, just ahead of the right building. The dire avengers in the bottom of the building moved out, heading towards the middle of the lava river, past the rightmost bridge that i figured the bikes would soon come speeding over. The reapers avenged the wraithlord and killed the scouts. My falcon fired on the attack bike and caused only one wound.

My opponent turbo boosted his bikes directly on to the rightmost bridge, only inches away from my avengers. Sammael followed behind. The last bolter squad moved toward the same direction and the attack bike went toward my falcon. The attack bike fired on my falcon and missed.

Turn 5
    There were a lot of bikes on my door step, but i wasnt afraid, (much). It was time for the dire avengers to do what they did best. Eldrad guided both squads of avengers and doomed the bikers. My avatar finally moved out from behind the building and lined up to charge the bikes. My reapers couldnt see the bikers because of intervening terrain, so they took out the five man bolter squad. My falcon finished off the attack bike. Now it was time for a little fun. Both avenger squads bladestormed into the bikes, totalling 58 S4 shots with reroll to hit and reroll to wound. This caused seven unsaved wounds, exactly enough to take out the squad because of the apothacary.

My opponent was left with only sammael, so he moved over the lava, took out three avengers with his plasma cannon, and charged the avengers. He took out five of them and recieving no damage in return.

Turn 6
    It was about time to end this game, so I cast fortune on eldrad and charged him and the avatar into the master of the ravenwing. With three attacks that always wound on a 2+ with no armour save allowed, five attacks from the avatar and five attacks from the avengers i managed to do a whopping 1 wound to sammael, but at least he wasnt able to do any damage to eldrad with his 3+ invul and reroll.

The avatar was unable to do any damage to Sammael this turn, while the master of the ravenwing decided to wipe out the avengers. Eldrad, seeing his brethren smitten under the black obsidian of the ravensword, swung his pure white staff, imbuing it with the full force of his powerfull mind. The eldritch energies were released, causing two wounds to sammael and finishing him off for good.

Aftermath
    With an opponent completely wiped out and me only losing two squads, a wraithlord, and a couple models, I was pretty happy. The stars of the game were definately the reapers, but Eldrad worked wonders too. If it werent for his guiding the reapers and especially helping out against the bikes, things would have gone much differently. My opponent was a little unlucky with his heavy weapons, but those snipers were pure death. The new Dark Angels were definately interesting to play against and kept me on my toes with their squad splitting. I expect they will only get tougher when there are some deathwing terminators added into the mix to add a little more of a punch to the army.

Last edited by gamerfreak; April 7th, 2007 at 23:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Holy Crap! those reapers were nasty, a regular Farseer could do that too so once you get the points it won't hurt too much too get rid of Eldrad. Your opponent's list looked nice but you easily nullified it, however he had so many points spent in the ravenwing squad and and he tried to you use them as a flanking unit rather than an anvil and by the time they came into play most of his army fell under Eldar firepower. I don't blame him though, Reapers are scary. I would love to face this army with my undefeated 1500 list just for the challenge.
    2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree that a normal farseer could do most of what eldrad did, but he wouldnt be able to use that third power like eldrad did on the first turn for the reapers, or most importantly to help out against the bikes with two guides and a doom. I agree though, I think i would rather have the extra hundred points worth of models instead.

+ Reply to Thread