1500 Bad Moon Orks vs. Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

1500 Bad Moon Orks vs. Space Marines

Saturday I played a friend that I have not seen in a while. I have never beaten him in 40k before (twice in fantasy). I knew the match would be a challenge but I felt better tha we were playing 1500 which is my most succesful list.

Orks
    Warboss
    MA
    MB
    Cybork Body
    Mega Blasta
    Big Horns
    Iron Gob

X2 12 Flash Gitz
    4 bs
    nob
    gob
    bs
    choppa

X2 12 Flash Gitz
    4 rokkits
    nob
    gob
    choppa
    rokkit

X2 16 Grots
    slaver
    rokkit
    squigghound

X2 8 Trukk Boyz
    nob
    gob
    pk

X2 Trukk
    rokkits
    plates
    riggers
    RPJ

3 Kanz
    rokkits
    plates

Bassie
    Indirect Fire

Space Marines
    Librarian (Epistolary???)
    Artificier Armour
    Familiar
    Fury of the Ancients
    Veil of Time

5 Termies
    Assault Cannon
    Cyclone Missile launcher

Dread
    extra armour

Dread
    TL Lascannon
    missile

X2 5 Tac Marines
    Missile

10 Tac Marines
    BP and CCW
    meltagun
    Vet Sarge
    Power Fist

Land Speeder Tornado

Whirlwind
    Power of the machine spirit

Predator Annihilator??
    All Lascannons

Deployment (From my left to right)
    Space Marines
    Whirlwind and shooty dread behind building, Tac Squads in barricades, Speeder behind Dread and termies, Librarian
    Orks
    Trukks, Bassie behind small hill, one line of grots behind them were a squad of rokkit gitz and bs gitz on a hill, 3 kanz with a warboss behind, another line of grots with the rest of the gitz behind.

Turn 1 Marines
    He advances his dreads, speeder, termies, and Librarian. Shooting from the AC dread, speeder, and Termies bring the grots down to one and the slaver, the whirly takes out an ork and 4 grots. The tac squads' missiles miss while the shooty dread and Predator immobilize and destroy the bassie's earthshaker, I pass my leaderships and pinning tests thanks in large part to the mob rule and squigghounds.

Turn 1 Orks
    I rush my Trukks up 25 in. one blocking LoS to the other. Everyone else other than the bs gitz move up, The warboss joins the right rokkit gitz who move towards the middle. The BS gitz or the only ones who don't miss or out of range. The left squad takes out two marines from a missile squad. While the other shakes the speeder three freaking times.

Turn 2 Marines
    He advances with the termies, librarian, AC dread, and assault tac squad. The Predator manages to blow up the front trukk taking out one ork. The whirlwind misses while the Missile tac squad takes out a kan. On the right the Dread wipes out the grots and the termies kill a couple of bs gitz.

Turn 2 Orks
    I advance my line again leaving the bs gitz behind. The Warboss's squad moves towards the middle again while he disengagesfrom it. The trukkboyz move to assault the shooty dread with their truck blocking LoS. My left BS takes out 2 more marines leaving the missile. My other Bs squad fails priorty to shoot past the dread. Again my shooting sucks. The trukk boyz assault the dread, the nob managing to immobilize it and take off the missile.

Turn 3 Marines
    He adavnced with the assault tac squad and dread, the termies and speeder move to the left, and the whirly moves to the right. The whirly kills a trukk boy, The predator destroys a kan while the tac squad with melta blows up the other. killing an ork and a grot. The Missile tac squads Destroy the remaining trukk but it still blocks LoS. The dread does nothing while the Librarian again kills one or two orks. In combat nothing happens.

Turn 3 Orks
    The Warboss joins the other rokkit git squad while his old one moves to assault the tac squad. The unengaged tac suqad moves to assault the whirly next turn. The grots move up as well. My right bs git squad this time manage to destroy the speeeder while my other squad targets the termies, missing everything. My warboss and company take out 4 marines from the other tac squad, now both squads have only the missile. The other rokkit squad kills two tac marines from the assault squad. In combat I take out the dreads TL las. The rokkit squad charges in with a waaagh and with 25 attacks kill an impressive 0 marines and I lose 2 in return, I hold.

Turn 4 Marines
    The termies move onto a central hill while the dread continues its march towards the bs gitz. Shooting sees half of my boss's rokkit gitz go down to termies, the missiles fire on the grots taking them down to 2 and the slaver. The Librarian and dread bring the bs squad down to 2. All three squads pass ld. In combat my rokkit gitz are ran down and the trukk boyz and dread are still palling around.

Turn 4 Orks
    My warboss's rokkit gitz decide to try the assault tac squad. The unengaged trukk boyz move to assault the whirlwind and my bs gitz find the dread and termies scary so they move behind their cover and the grots move forward. The 2 grots left manage to down the missile marine, yeah go grots. My rokkits take out two more marines. In combat I lose 3 Orks and kill only one marine, I hold. But the dreadnought is destroyed and the whirly blows up killing two of my orks, My trukk boyz (both above half) decide they have done their job and hide behind destroyed vehicles and play with the dead marines.

Turn 5 Marines
    The remaining missile launcher finnaly fails last man standing and runs off the board. The termies moveonto the hill and miss their shot on the bassie. The Pred kills of the two remaining grots and the slaver decides to leg it. In combat the Warboss is now in base combat and kills 3 marines while the nob who is the only one left kills one. The power fisted sergeant misses the warboss and subsequently fails leadership and his armour saves. My guys consolidate in opposite directions.

Turn 5 Orks
    The slaver runs 12 in so he has a shot on the dread. The Warboss oves to assault the dread knowing they are worth lots of VP and his nob runs in the opposite direction and gets a side shot on the pred. The small bs gitz move to get a shot on the Librarian. The nob misses the pred and the gitz miss the librarian but the slaver hits and glances the dread, but only shakes it. The Warboss charges in and he passes both his invul saves while he misses all his attacks.

Turn 6 Marines
    The Predator kills the nob and the Librarian's fury kills the slaver and destroys the bassie. In combat the power sword termie puts a wound on my boss. My warboss responds by killing three termies and the retaliatin sees the termies roll a one to wound my boss.

Turn 6 Orks
    The only shooting is two orks into the librarian, I wound twice and he fails a 2+ save giving me half VPs, yeah. In the final combat the warboss and termies kill each other off, my Warboss went down in style.

Remaining Orks
    2 trukk boy squads
    1.5 BS Git squads

Remaining Marines
    Predator
    A Dreadnought
    Wounded Librarian

Victory points Orks- 1100

Victory Points Marines- 1014

Draw

That was a good, hard fought game. Atleast I was on the winning side of the draw. Hope you enjoyed the report.

2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you really stuck it to the marines. Nice going, despite me being a marine player myself. But a little headsup, you might wanna post these in the Battle Reports Forum from now on.

Lance
    "The only hatred any man should hone, is hatred against himself for not being able to serve the Emperor to his full extent. This is the hatred he should unleash upon the enemy, and in doing so, the Emperor will protect."

Master Lucius, Chapter Master of the Noble Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Thanks. Where did I post it? I think it is in the battle reports section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Nice battle report. Glad to see the Orks can still throw down with the rest of them. Very interesting list, I've never seen a shooty Ork list before, sounds like a fun idea actually. And just a hint of advice, when engaging a dreddy, remember that it loses attacks if it's stunned or immobilized (I think on imm. anyway) and that if you destroy it's DCCW instead of a shooty gun, it will lose one attack and no longer be Str. (a lot) it will end up being Str 6 and you will get armor saves (however crappy those may be).
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

I know that, the dread I was in combat had a TL las and ML so it was already S6. I thought it was immobilised and an armament destroyed that lowered the attacks to aq min of 1. But my opponent told me only shaken and stunning do that so I believed him. Also the list works very well even when I do not roll well. So far it is undefeated and it has given me my only first place at an RTT There is a good balance of shooting, combat, and speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh...sry...you did. Major brain fart on my part. Must have gotten it mixed up with a different window. Thought you had it in the Army lists.

Lance
    "The only hatred any man should hone, is hatred against himself for not being able to serve the Emperor to his full extent. This is the hatred he should unleash upon the enemy, and in doing so, the Emperor will protect."

Master Lucius, Chapter Master of the Noble Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

One thing I really don't understand is why your opponent moved the whirlwind so early in the game, it only served to make the scatter a little worse.

Otherwise it looked like a good game, pretty damn close though no matter what, da boyz iz a'wayz gonna win...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

I am not sure why he moved it but it didn't make the scatter worse because he had Power of the Machine Spirit and was firing indirectly, I have no idea why he took it, it scattered harmlessly a lot.

+ Reply to Thread