1500 Slaanesh vs. Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

1500 Slaanesh vs. Tyranids

I was at my local game store and an unknown guy came in and asked me to play a game. He has a last edition Tyranid army (models wise) and I had to kind of give him a refresher course on the rules. Let it be known I hate Genestealers.

His list:

Hive Tyrant: Both Adrenal Glands, Winged, 2x Scything, Toxin Sacs
    The thing was called Fluffy and he insisted it had never fallen in a game. *shrugs*

3x Warriors w/ TL Deathspitters, Enhanced Sense, Extended Carapace

4x 10 Termangaunts, WoN

4x 10 Genestealers

2x Carnifex w/ Bonded Exoskeleton, Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Regenerate, TL Barbed Strangler

My List:

Usual Lieutenant (see an old BR)

Usual Lord

5x 6 Demonettes

3 Bikers w/ Mark of Slaanesh, Icon, 2 Melta Guns

2 Predators w/ Autocannon, Heavy Bolters, Havoc Launcher

Deployment:
    He wanted 2 pieces of terrain but I talked him into four, he also wanted to play long ways but I said no because it's stupid. There was a forest on a hill in the middle of my DZ, a forest in his left DZ and 2 ruins in the centerish, none very big. I put my Preds behind my cover, he put 1 'Fex in his and just lined up the rest. The Tyrant, 2 Stealers, 1 'Fex and 1 Gaunt brood were to the right the rest was on the left. My bikes hid behind some cover and my chars Infiltrated on either flank.

Turn 1 Emperor's Children
    Dechala picked her way through the debris of the sacked Imperial world. Just as the planet had been taken, the Hive Fleets had landed and the Gods had no intention of handing over their hard won prize. She had been up late binding the demons to her and Lilith to descend on the bio-fleets.

My Preds moved left to get a better LoS and opened up on the Preds. Between them I gunned down the Warriors, my dice were against me the whole game, but this left the Gaunts (3 broods) on the left without Synapse. My Lt. made for the 'Fex but didn't assault because the Stealers would have a counter-charge if she failed to down it in one turn. I used Wind of Chaos on the Stealers from her and killed 3. My Lord did the same to a different brood.

Tyranids Turn 1
    Blood was on the wind as the swarm advanced. The air was filled with bio weaponry as the Tyrant itself set forth toward the biggest prey. It smelled like their was more to kill but only a few living things moved. All that mattered was the worlds consumption.

Everything assaulty on the right moved to assault my Lord. The Gaunts tested for behavior and one fell back toward the Tyrant, the other two were fine and advanced on my Preds and the 'Fexes held ground. The Barbed Stranglers failed to dent my Preds hull. The assaults didn't go off thanks to Siren which made my opponent start yelling at anyone nearby. I tried not to laugh. He than insisted he would win because he went 6-0 in the Armageddon Campaign.

Emperor's Children Turn 2
    Slaanesh kept Dechala safe for now as she summoned demonic flames to melt the aliens from their bones. The speed at which Genestealers had disemboweled other Lords encouraged her to keep distance. The skies opened in places and the delicate flesh of warp spawn clawed into reality. Now the aliens would see the might of the Gods!

Three squads came in. Two moved to assault the Tyrant and the other went to the Fex without cover. The chars zipped around to get maximum burn potential. The Bikes kept holding as they were pretty useless. The Preds held and opened up on the Genestealers, almost wiping out a damaged brood. Autocannons don't like to hit. Wind of Chaos saw a wound on the leftmost Fex and a wound on the Tyrant as well as 2 burned Stealers. The assaults went....not well. The demonettes took their chosen Fex down to 2 wounds and lost none back. The Tyrant went down to one wound but killed 4 in reply. I was about to take massive Genestealers to the face.

Tyranids Turn 2
    The flesh of the new foes smelled dead and they bit deeply into the shock organisms but they scythed easily. The vanguard organisms could duck their talons and reply with their own. Easy prey.

None of the Gaunts of Fexes moved. The Stealers got in assault range. The Barbed Stranglers bounced off again. In assault my demonettes made me proud. In the Fex assault they got killed except for one who took down two Stealers before being banished. The Stealers and Tyrant ate a 6 man squad and the last 2 swung at the Stealers, eating 3 while keeping their material forms.

Emperor's Children Turn 3
    These damned Genestealers were outmatching the Gods shcock troops and no matter how amny were burned the sky rained more. They were like sick perodies of the blessed demon. If it wasn't for Slaanesh's protection Lilith and I would have been eviscerated as the broods broke cover. No matter, they busy themselves on puppets while the guns make craters of their flesh.

Another squad came down and made ready to assault the Fex in cover. The chars kept the flamer routine going. The Predators finished off a Genestealer squad, leaving one roaming around. The Lord had no targets to flame and the Lt. put another wound on the Fex in cover. In assault the new squad was in cover but rolled snake eyes to reach their target, d'oh. The Tyrant and Stealers cut down the last of their opponents and moved toward my Bikers a couple inches.

Tyranids Turn 3
    Ichor clinging to it's claws, the Tyrant bellowed it's triumph and unfolded it's wings. Flying over the battle it saw the vanguards were dying to fire and the metal constructs. It descended on a hill and lunged toward the fast moving constructs.

The Tyrant landed on the hill in front of the Bikers. The Gaunts moved toward them as well. The Stealers followed slowly. The Stealers on the left lunged for the new demonettes. Barbed Strangler fire failed again and surely now the ground was overgrown with seed pods. In Assault the Tyrant was out of range and the Stealers jumped into their demonic counterparts who finally got to cut first thanks to cover. Half the squad fell with only 1 demonette in return.

Emperor's Children Turn 4
    Lilith noticed the Genestealers enbroiled in combat and ran full out toward the giant gun wielding behemoth, lightning claws eager for blood. Dechala was unsheathing her demon blade and leveling it at the monsters twin. Both would fall in shrt order.

My chars made ready to assault the near dead Carnifexes as the last demon squad refused to come in. The Predators blew apart the last Genestealers not in combat and the Bikers made me stop hating them by putting two melta holes in the Tyrant, felling it instantly. The Carnifexes were both sent back to the Hive Mind and the chars Massacred toward the Gaunts. The last Genestealers killed all but one demonette who killed 2 back. My opponent than called it and spent the whole time I put my army away saying he could put over 100 Orks on the table and he didn't see what I could do to stop that. I just put my army away and stayed away from him the rest of the night.

I learned this battle that I have to shoot Genestealers asap and if I gang up on big gribblies I can drop them fast. My Lt. and Lord could have chewed through the Fexes but they were on opposite sides. Against 'Nids they need to run big boy duty while the guns take care of fast things and demonettes fill in the gaps. Hopefully he'll bring Orks next week. :]

Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

fantastic victory mate! i really enjoyed that, it's great to give cocky players a taste of their own medicine, i'd face him with his orks and watch his face drop once more lol{goofy}

your opponent sounds like a kid the way you wrote it, how old is he? anyways i'll give you a 9/10 for slapping cocky players!

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Good job on the win and good thing you put that guy in his place. When he bragged that he could put 100 orks on the table I laughed. The only thing I brag about my orks is that they can shoot (they have beat tau with only assaulting once then that squad got nailed.) If you have that many orks you will be outmaneouvered. But he will have a better chance against your list because orks can take daemonnetes (they have no chance against plaguebearers though) and if he gets a lucky massacre roll possibly get to your lord but your tactics should put him in his place again. As a side note, I don't like your list{goofy} on a fluffy aspect.
    2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should bring a spray paint can, wait till he starts acting all cocky, pull it out and spray his entire force on the table. That would be awesome. And he would deserve it.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i hate cocky players. and nice useing emporers children... im just about to start an army of them and i love the color scheme

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Thanks on the win, I assume the guy was like 21-22 because he talked about drinking with his friends during my turn, he wasn't that fun to play against I was just trying to win asap. Spray painting his army wouldnt have done anything cause it looked terrible, I don't want to help him.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread