Bad Moon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bad Moon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Bad Moon

My Bad Moon Ork list for the Baltimore GT went to an RTT at Time Warp Comics hosted by the Cellar Dwellers. The tournament was well run and lots of fun and the Cellar Dwellers were great guys. There were 10 people there, 4 Beakies, Necrons, 2 panzee, Mech Tau, Armoured Company, and Tyranids. Kind of varied, a couple of them painted and converted very nicely (I lik to think mine was too).I ran:

Warboss
    MA
    MB
    KMB
    3 ammo runts
    Big Horns
    Cybork Body

X2 12 Flash Gitz
    4 Rokkits
    Nob
    Gob
    rokkit
    choppa

X2 12 Gitz
    4 BS
    Nob
    BS
    Gob

X2 16 Grots
    slaver
    Rokkit
    Squigghound

15 Slugga Boyz
    3 rokkts
    Nob
    Gob
    Pk

X2 8 Trukkboyz
    Nob
    Gob
    PK

Trukk
    Armour Plates
    RPJ
    Rokkits

3 Kanz
    3 rokkits
    plates

Bassie
    Indirect
    Riggers search light.

Game 1- Arch Rivals vs. Ricky's no power armour Beakies

Termie Chappy
    5 Assault Termies

7 Termies
    2 Ass cannons

X3 10 CC Scouts
    Sarge
    PF
    homer

X3 10 Sniper Scouts
    Missile

Arch Rivals meant you get 200 vp if your general killed your opponents, my warboss had no problem with that at all. He infiltrated hi entire army, the scouts with firing positions and the Scout marched towards me. Although the bassie blew up turn 1, I managed to wipe out all the CC squads for the loss of 1.5 grot squads and a bs git squad in combat. The AC termies came in turn 2 and I hit them with Sluggas and trukkerz on turn3 easily wiping them out. The Snipers did some damage but I was rolling good on my KFF saves. Third turn the CC termies came in and started advancing. The warboss hit them killing two before he charged the chappy and the other trukkerz joined in. That squad was wiped out also. With everything other than the snipers done I screened one unit of trukkerz with kanz. The kanz went down but so did a unit of snipers. All he had in the end was 2 squads of sniper scouts. I lost 1.5 grots, 1 bs squad, the kanz, .5 warboss, and the sluggas (they mobbed up with rokkit gitz).

Ork Victory 17-5

Game 2- it's heav doc vs. Lou's Mech Tau

Commander

X4 12 Fire Warriors
    Leader
    Devilfish
    +1 bs
    reroll immobilize
    some with burst some with drones
    12in. move

X3 Piranha
    fusion Gun
    gun drones
    +1 bs
    reroll immobile

X3 Hammerheads
    2 railguns, 1 ion cannon
    reroll immobile
    12 in. move
    2 burst cannons, 1 seeker missile.

The gravity on the planet was variable so you roll 2d6 at the b9eggining of the turn to see how it affects you. We had -d6 to our movement for the first four turns. Because of that it was just alot of maneouvering to get into range but it couldn't happen (we rolled lots of 6s) He only fish of furied one squad before he realized my army is very good against it. The rest he just hid. We took our opportunities to do damage but we really couldn't. All he killed was the basilisk with a fusion gun from a piranha, a bs squad with pie plates, and a grot squad with the FW. I destroyed a hammerhead with kanz in the side, rokkits r us took out the devilfish, FW, and a piranh a, and the warboss took out a piranha with his only shot of the game. When we totaled up the VP, I was ahead by 187, such a narrow win.

17-7 Ork Victory

At this points there were 3 people with 2 wins. Me, an panzee player, and the Armoured Company. Lucky me the other two were matched up while I played Dan.

Game 3- Suicide Squad vs. Dan's Beakies

Jump Chappy
    Termie honors
    bp
    frag

Epsitolary
    Fury
    combat shield
    termie honors

Command squad
    vet-pf
    meltagun

Dread

5 Termies
    Ass cannon
    Cyyclone Missile

3 5 man tac squads
    2 missiles, lascannon
    1 flamer
    Tankhunters

6 Assault termies
    Vet
    pf

2 land speeders
    1 tornado

Whirly

5 Devies
    2 las
    tankhunters

5 Devies
    Plasma Cannon
    Heavy bolter
    Tank hunter

Dan Was a great guy and my favorite opponent, he took his bad luck in stride also (something I have trouble doing). The mission was had you choose a squad that you had to make die, I chose my grots, he chose his Jump pacls. He realized that I out deployed him so he knew he was fighting an uphill battle. He gave me first turn and my AP3 weaponry and massive number of shots hurt taking out 3 devies in one squad, 2 in the other, 2 guys from the command, and the dread.His return fire killed some orks here and there and blew up a kan. The Whirly caused a rokki squad to run (the sluggas returned the favor and mobbed up with them) so I decided it should die. Next turn the bassie got rid of it while my other guys brought the command to a pf, dropped a speeder, killed the plasma cannon and dropped a tac beakie. The game went on with me whittling down his squads a lot and when they came too close (librarian, assault Beakies, termies and one tac squad) I destroyed them with my combat force. In they end he had the lascannon devy squad and the Missile flamer tac squad. I had my bassie, both trukks, 1.5 trukkz, suicide grot squad, .5 slugga, boss. big mek, 2 bs squads, and a rokkit squad.

16- 6 Ork Victory

Woohoo 3-0. I checked in on the panzee- AC game. With the superior mobility and his warlocks and farseer and avatar in cc. the panzee won decisively so it was between me and him for the winner. My soft scores put me above him by what I can only assume was a point so I won the tourney (Waaaaaagh!) I got $50 which went to m panzee. I had a great time and had 3 great games. Out of my 5 RTTs this is my 2nd win and my 4th top 3 finish. Who said orks (especially Bad moon) can't win. Ha. Hope you enjoyed the report.

2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congradulations on your wins and congradulations for winning the tournament.

sounds like good fun and well run games. I wish my local gameing store would run events like that.

thank you for sharring and ounce again Congradulations on the win .
    The most dangerous men in the world are the ones who have nothing to lose.

+ Reply to Thread