"Landed Forces" campaign concept - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Landed Forces" campaign concept

So, I'm fleshing out an idea for a campaign system in my head. Much in the same way as ANY campaign, you'd have a list of territories, the ability to attack and claim them and whatever.

The big difference is that everyone has a set force on the planet. Not, let's say, a "2000 pts foce, a 500 pts force and a 1000 pts force", but rather, a 10'000 pts force that represents the sum of your regiment, hive fleet, strikeforce, etc... on the planet.

This 10'000 pts list would be big and you would take a variety of different units because each time you battle you will pull units from that list into an XXXX points list (whatever the match calls for) and duke it out with the enemy. Every individual model lost, is lost forever, so all squads take damage and remain that way.

All surviving units get experience points based on their individual participation in the battle. The experience system would be more detailed including many different bonuses available to squads that outway the currect experience system set in place for normal 40 K gaming.

Also, the army would be led by a specific commander. He would have +2 wounds, +20 pts worth in free wargear and access to a very large selection of universal and racial-specific abilities and skills. This commander co-ordinates all the war efforts in the war and also adds a +1 strategy rating to your army while he's alive.

I'm sure there'd be turns too where, every turn, you'd get points to re-enforce your army as the battle progresses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like a very cool idea. I am currently running a campaign in which each player has 3 1,500 point armys and gets Xpoints per territory he/she controls. So it is a good idea.

one question, what kind of rules are you going use in case a player runs out of a certian type of unit. lets say he doesn't have an HQ and the battle calls for one?
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had no idea what I wanted to do if someone ran out of HQ choices. I guess, it would go Elite, FA, HS, then Troops. Highest point/XP squad could count as the HQ for that battle. Either that, or just spend points on an HQ choice.

I suppose there'd have to be rules for voluntary fallback too, any HQ or Elites that do this count as casualties for the sake of victory points, but survive to fight again another day? Maybe not though

+ Reply to Thread