Librarium-Online 40k Campaign-STORY - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What army would you like to feature in the Librarium-online 40k Campaign?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Imperium

11 47.83%
  • Chaos

9 39.13%
  • Eldar

4 17.39%
  • Dark Eldar

2 8.70%
  • Orks

4 17.39%
  • Tau

2 8.70%
  • Necrons

1 4.35%
  • Tyranids

2 8.70%
  • Everyone

8 34.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Librarium-Online 40k Campaign-STORY

I wanted to get the ball rolling and get member opinions on the story. Let's start on the basics.

(Question One: POLL)

What army would you to feature in the Librarium-Online 40k Campaign?

(Question Two)

Do we want to have the story revolve primarily around a few particular armies? (ex. Nemesis Crown) Or do write a story that includes all armies equally. (like Medusa V)

I know this question has been discussed alot on the forums but I wanted to get some more up-to date opnions.

If anyone is interested in helping, post on the below link. Also write on which aspect of the Campaign your interested in contributing to.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-campaign.html (Librarium-Online Campaign)

cheers, Marques

Strange things lurk in the deep places of the world. - Check out my Blog

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Beware keeping the organisation of this campaign open to just anyone who feels like helping. While it's nice to occasionally have community wide projects, in the case of something like this it will be all too easy to have a chaotic jumble of contributions without lending support to a cohesive whole.

Best, I think, to choose a small "team" of people and then figure out where to go from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds logical how do we decide on who gets to contribute? I'd like to help but I would disapointed to be excluded because I was a junior member.
    Last edited by PatternMaker; February 23rd, 2009 at 23:22. Reason: more to say
    Strange things lurk in the deep places of the world. - Check out my Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PatternMaker View Post
    Sounds logical how do we decide on who gets to contribute?
    Think about what you want the campaign to be. Ask yourself these questions:

How many people/who do you want to organise the full campaign?
    How do you want to organise it? (Medusa V style, etc.)
    How extensive do you want the fluff to be? (Perhaps requiring a writer or two)
    Do you want army-specific art? (Requiring a potential artist or two)
    Who will keep track of the battles? (Maybe one or two people to do this)
    What else would you like to include?

It's important to have a solid organisation for something like this, otherwise it will just break down over time. Think about how many people you want included in the organisation, whether or not you need writers or artists or fluff experts, etc.

Toastee and I were going to do something like this, and having a solid plan to follow through is really needed. I'd be happy to help if you're looking at being an organiser for the campaign. I was planning on hashing out a few ideas over the course of the next couple weeks at any rate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

In terms of story revolving primarily around a few armies, I think that would work for a better narrated campaign with clearer comings and goings, but trying to do that fairly could be pretty damn difficult.

In terms of organisation, It would probably work best in small groups (solo people / groups of 2 or 3) with a few groups doing various things. say -

A moderator or two, who keep track of everything and makes sure it's all going smoothly, tell the other "divisions" what to do, etc. A person or group working on fluff / story. A person or group keeping track / tally of games being played. And so on.

If we could have art, that would be brilliant, but are there any artists here or people who have close artist friends?

~ Lowell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by dream-thief View Post
    If we could have art, that would be brilliant, but are there any artists here or people who have close artist friends?
    There are a few artists here on LO and other 40k artists who Toastee and I had originally considered contacting about a project like this, so that's always an option.

Give me about a week to get some ideas down, then I'll throw up a thread or such asking for volunteers to help out with this. If you guys have any other ideas you'd like to see, please post them up or toss me a PM.

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

I'm in. I don;t know how available I'll be to offer full time help, but I can offer some help.

As for ideas on story line, a few cool line ups present themselves for interesting storylines:

1). Eldar v. Necrons: It's a time for revenge. The children of th Old Ones strike back against the pawns of the C'Tan. Or Vice versa. Basically bring the old Old Ones v C'Tan struggle up to date. I mean these two armies are near eternal and mortal enemies yet we never actually see them facing off. Plus you can easily tie in SM/IG (i.e. it could be the two forces battling on an Imperium planet. IG/SM caught in the middle. No clear "good guys"). Heck going along with the whole Old Ones spawn vs. Necrons, you could loosely tie in the Orks too... more as a random 3rd party force who see it as an opportunity to fight. But it'd fit the background idea.

Incorporating 'Nids, Eldar, Tau, CSM, and Inq armies would be harder to justify. Their presence doesn't seem to fit in the overarching theme of the titanic battle between the declining (yet powerful) descendents of the Old One's, and the eternal power of the C'Tan's pawns. Obviously this idea needs to be flushed out, but hey that's why I got you guys :-)

2). IG vs. 'Nids is always a fun theme. Regardless of how you cut the cake, its always fun cuz it's like the Alien movies. Adding in Inq (well WH) is easy, rebellions breaking out on an Imperial planet due to the prevalence of a genestealer cult. Thus they'd be involved to root out heresy AND maintain order. SM can almost always be written into a story involving the IG. And if you're a fan of the Alien Vs. Predator series (movies and books), you could aruge for the presence of an Eldar "Hunting" party on the planet, possibly make the planet an old Exodite world? The "Hunters" have known of the 'Nids presence of ages and have made a living hunting them down. Voila, Eldar involved.

Again DE, CSM, Tau, Necrons, and some Inq armies would be hard to write in, but eh you guys might see some opportunities to add in.

My input thus far
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Realistically you will probably need most of the races involved, at leadt peripherally to engage with the whole of the LO community,

If you decide to do this please please don't have it set on just one world. WH40K is massive and it is stupid to have 8 different factions all slogging it out against each other on one planet (As soon the Tyranids arrive all the factions would either gang up on them implicitly or explicitly or just evacuate). So I would suggest setting it over an entire sector or subsector.

Also setting the Campaign around the Tau empire would be the easiest way of incorporating the Tau (obviously0 but also the nids.

Chaos renegades and Ork Pirates can appear anywhere so thats not a problem.

I would actually go for a sceanrio where by the Nids are attacking the Tau, the Eldar see the Tau as a useful bulwark agains the great Devourer so several craft worlds are sent to their aid. The Necrons (under either the Night Bringer or the Deciever or both) see the chance to destroy many of the children of their enemies and swarm out of Tombs hidden on various Tayu worlds, forgotten moons etc etc.

The Imperium would love an opportunity to purge the Tau while the Orks and Chaos would just love the opportunity for such a massive dust up.

finally in a case like this the Eldar might even be able to broker a deal with the Dark Eldar to aid in defeating both the Tyranids and the Necrons.

So the factions very loosly would be

Tyranids/Necrons/Imeprium vs Tau/Eldar/Dark Eldar with Chaos and Orks being the wild cards element
    Last edited by Visitor Q; February 25th, 2009 at 13:24.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    Tyranids/Necrons/Imeprium vs Tau/Eldar/Dark Eldar with Chaos and Orks being the wild cards element
    just looking at that it seems a pretty random selection for the sides, but you got the story to back it up.

And i really like the idea

~ L

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by dream-thief View Post
    just looking at that it seems a pretty random selection for the sides, but you got the story to back it up.

And i really like the idea

~ L
    well the great thing about it is that Tyranid Necron Imperium alliance is almost unstoppable but they are hardly going to sit down and discuss strategy. It just so happens they each have the same agenda.....Destroy the Tau (and Eldar)

The other side by comparrison might be willing to actually communicate with each other thus making their alliance more viable i nthe face of adversity.

Dark Eldar are nasty psychos but they aren't daft they would know the short term gain of enslaving a few Tau (or even not turning up at all) would be off set by the chance of stalling the Tyranid and Necron threat.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast