40k in 40mins campaigns - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40k in 40mins campaigns

Well there has been a surge of new gamers where I play. My gaming group plays between 1k and 2k battles usually. I wanted a way to get the new and old gamers playing together. So I figured a 40k in 40minutes campaign would be the best way.

40k in 40 minutes rules:
    only 1 HQ
    no models with over 2 wounds
    must take 1 troop choice
    the rest of the points can be spent anywhere else
    no special characters
    no 2+ saves
    no vehicles with total armour value over 33

I would like the campaign to last 6 weeks. So I need 6 missions. All missions last the random number of game turns. All if mission allows special rules can be used besides in mission #3. The match up list will be posted at the start of each gaming night. They will have until the next gaming night to get the game in. If they can't get a game in

mission 1: just kill everything
    mission 2: night fight battle
    mission 3: basically its a kill everything but at the start of each turn the player roles a D6 for each unit/tank(take hit on rear armour)/independent character if on his own. If a 1 is rolled then the unit takes D3 S4 hit., infiltrators
    mission 4: some kind of objective in center of the board for 100+ victory points
    mission 5: 100+victory points for HQ assassination, if no HQ in army list then use a squad leader
    mission 6: everyone plays on a 12 by 4 foot table for a free for all, last person standing gets 3 points added to there mission score

mission score table
    1 = to or >-200 victory points difference
    2 = to or >-100 victor points difference
    3 = to -99 to +99 victory points difference
    4 = to or >+100 victor points difference
    5 = to or >+200 victory points difference

sportsman ship score table(filled at the end of each game)
    1 not sportsman like
    2 somewhat sportsman like
    3 sportsman like
    4 good sportsman
    5 very good sportsman

painting score table(filled out at the end of game)
    1 models put together
    2 less then 50% of models are painted with at least 3 colours
    3 more then 50% of models are painted with at least 3 colours
    4 whole army is painted with at least 3 colours
    5 whole army is painted to a high standard

So for prizes there
    A box of choice for the winner of the campaign.
    A blister of choice for painting score winner
    $10 Harveys(burger place) gift certificate for sportsmanship.

Well so at most the prizes will cost $70. The Harveys gift certificate already donated. So we will have 9 players if everyone plays. I was thinking 10 dollar entry fee. So I can hopefully get $90. Then just give then leftover money to the hobby store which we play at.

Any advice on things I could change or things I haven't thought of? This will be my first event I have ran by myself so I would like it to be decent.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I would drop mission 3, and mission 6. Mission 3 will be a huge problem for some armies, and nothing to others. Space Marines and the likes will shrug off the S3 hits, but armies like Guard, who are only T3, are going to be eaten alive.
    Mission 6 will make for a very long game. I'd just swap these two for an existing mission. Something like:
    1-2: wipeout
    3: nightfight
    4: assassination
    5-6: objective driven

also, your campaign seems more like a tournament to me. Maybe rename it, call it a league? Have 6 "rounds" of gaming, each of which is like a small tournament. Then, at the end of the whole thing, determine the winner. Each round scores you points or something, to be totaled at the end. If it's a campaign, there shouldn't be prizes or competition- it should just be a story-driven series of games.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 of the rules seem to contradict each other, since all of the HQ models that I have seen are more then 1 wound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not realy since it says any model with over 2 wounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your campaign is basically anti chaos space marines and necrons. neither army has a HQ below 3 wounds. and the necrons only have their one HQ.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

You don't have to take a HQ in 40ki40m games though, you're just limited to no more than 1.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

arn't thesthe old cmbat patrol rules? i would perhaps swap mission 6 for something else but use it at the end of the campaign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would be a good situation for an Escalation league. We did something similar years ago. Everyone was limited to 500 points in the beginning, and everything needed to be painted. Really helps new folks ease into the game and helps the older players get those brushes out.

+ Reply to Thread