Imperial last stand scenario - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Imperial last stand scenario

this is part of a map-based campaign. Its a special scenario to add a bit more variety to the normal pitched battles. ny comments on making it more balanced?

Last stand

The defending player must tie the tyranid swarm up long enough for their artillery to focus fire upon the swarm. This is the final line of defence, there is no retreating. Only in death does duty end.

Forces
    The tyranid player just needs to take as many small organisms as possible. The defender takes 500 points worth of troops. The tyranid force should be roughly the same points size as the defenders. Although their troops are recycled. The tyranid player should also take several synapse units to stop his units scattering all other the place due to instinctive behaviour

Scenario
    The defender deploys within 12 of their table edge. The tyranid player moves all his broods onto the table at the beginning of the first turn which the tyranid player is given automatically.

Terrain
    Make sure there are plenty of fire corridors for the guard player but that there is still lots of densely packed terrain for assaults etc.

Victory conditions
    The game ends when the guard are wiped out. Refer to this table to determine what the result of the game is.
    Turns lasted result
    1-5 turns Major victory for tyranids
    5-6 Draw
    6-7 Victory for the imperial guard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought about trying to put a scenario like this before on several occasions in the mold of the The Starship Troopers scene or the Starcraft scenario.

Some Ideas I like or would change/add would be...

- Rather than just saying the Imperials achieve victory at a certain turn, require the Imperial guard to embark on Valkyries that arrives on a given turn (Maybe arriving using modified DS rules or on a predetermined turn).
    - Give the Imperial an obvious terrain advantage with defensive structures, auto turrets, and barricades.
    - Tyranids always have a point advantage on the table. This is something that would require play-testing to find out what would make it fun.
    - Tyranid units always spawn from reserve. This would give the scenario the appearance of the bugs merging for the surrounding area to siege the fortifications.

It would be interesting to have the guard set up in the middle of a standard table to show that tyranids are coming for all directions and then have the tyranid roll a D6 to see which side the tyranids come from. (1-2, 3-4, are different long table edges and 5,6 are the short table edges).

Hope you like some of the ideas. If you ever get a chance to try your ideas or the scenario in general that would be great to hear about.
    Last edited by Enjoi_Tyranids; April 7th, 2010 at 08:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

ok, thanks i'l let you know how it goes might have the chance to play-test it soon, i'll experiment with Deep-striking rules playing against myself (sad, i know) this was kind of inspired by the starcraft scenario and kind of the thought of "wouldn't it be cool to have an epic last stand" one idea i've had with the DS is that the nids can DS outside of a certain area around the guards defense structure, deploying in the center of the board would work better, it will make the game more tense and give the nids less time to get into assaulting range, the nids emerging from different board edges are also good i'll experiment with them a bit then come back to you, any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread