Mega-Battle Homemade Rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mega-Battle Homemade Rules

This sint a campaign,as such, so I hope its ok to post it here (though it may very well be the start of one).

Here is the dossier that will be presented to the "good" forces (Imperial Coalition).

The planet Styx IX was overrun by tainted xenos and forces of Chaos 44 years ago. The most prominent nation, Cerdia, is on its last leg. The long war has stagnated into bombardments and trench warfare. One of the first cities to fall to the enemy was Ainc, the former capital of Cerdia. Now, it is a major communications hub and HQ for the arch-enemy.
    The Imperial Coalition has deemed that liberation is necessary, before Cerdia finally falls and the chaotic forces have a chance to grow and spread their taint. The assault will start at Ainc, and will be preceded by a quick and quiet insertion of infantry, fllowed up by heavy armor of the Imperial Coalition

Special Rules:
    1-50% of all infantry units that can deepstrike must do so
    2- All armor comes on as reserves, but only one roll is required, as they are travelling in a tight unit/convoy and will arrive together.
    3- Imperial Coalition has a preliminary bombardment, as per the 40k rulebook, but roll twice for each unit to represent the mass amount of artillery support.
    4-8" deployment zone.

This is the Tainted forces dossier

Your forces overran the planet Styx IX 44 standard terran years ago. The most prominent nation, Cerdia is the only opposition left. The long war has stagnated into trench warfare.
    Recently, there have been reports of Imperial ships in orbit, and an increase in unkown movements within the Cerdian lines. Be ready for an attack.

Special Rules
    1- May deploy as far up as the trench
    2- Has 2 Griffon Mortar bombardments each turn, as per the Armored battlegroup rules in Imperial Armour 1
    3- No unit may infiltrate.
    4- May nominate a Medicae facility, any infantry within 12" may reroll failed armor saves from shooting

There will be about 12" of city/ ruined buildings, then a trench. Havent yet decided how far back the Coalition willl be.

Any feedback would be appreciated, and if this is in the wrong place, just let me know. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Chain Templar; October 18th, 2006 at 09:55. Reason: More rules/terrain info
    How many guardsmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, their lasguns work fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Templar View Post
    Any feedback would be appreciated, and if this is in the wrong place, just let me know. Thanks in advance!
    sounds good

C.G

"i pity the poor fool"

COMMISSAR GAUNT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Seems like a fun thing. Just one thing.

A 4 - 8 Inch deployment zone for a mega army seems abit small to me for some reason.

Great Job though.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown
    Aren't we just the popular boy! Your title should read 'stud muffin of LO'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    A 4 - 8 Inch deployment zone for a mega army seems abit small to me for some reason.
    Same with me, I have trouble fitting all of my troops with a 12" deployment zone in bigger battles.

Aside from that, it sounds pretty good!
    I play my 40k with friendly fire.
    Finally fixed the link!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What will the armies be? Chaos vs SM and IG?? LATD vs IG??? Also, would the Coalition start in the city and the Tainted Forces start in the Trenches? Cause they have dug in before the walls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now the Coalition has 4 players- Tau, Imperial Infantry, Imperial Armored Company, and either blood angels, Sisters, or more Tau.

The tainted armoy is Necrons, Orks, and Eldar, and we are going to get one more player.

The city is on the tainted side. There is a trench just outside the city. The coalition starts out way far away from the trench...maybe 36-48"...there will be about 12" of city with a trench directly outside of it, facing the Coalition. THe coalition does not have a trench ata ll, they are advancing across mostly open ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the Tainted force was seiging a city?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhhh... no. They captured the city about 44 years ago. The Imperail coalition is liberating (siegeing if you want to use the term) it.

The planet Styx IX was overrun by tainted xenos and forces of Chaos 44 years ago. The most prominent nation, Cerdia, is on its last leg. The long war has stagnated into bombardments and trench warfare. One of the first cities to fall to the enemy was Ainc, the former capital of Cerdia. Now, it is a major communications hub and HQ for the arch-enemy.
    The Imperial Coalition has deemed that liberation is necessary, before Cerdia finally falls and the chaotic forces have a chance to grow and spread their taint. The assault will start at Ainc, and will be preceded by a quick and quiet insertion of infantry, fllowed up by heavy armor of the Imperial Coalition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Templar View Post
    Uhhh... no. They captured the city about 44 years ago. The Imperail coalition is liberating (siegeing if you want to use the term) it.
    ..kinky...

"i pity the poor fool"

COMMISSAR GAUNT

+ Reply to Thread