2k Vote War: Round 1, Match 7… Deceiver vs. natlav - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

2k Vote War: Round 1, Match 7… Deceiver vs. natlav

Let the battle Commence!

PLEASE NOTE: All board edges and turn orders will be determined randomly!

This will be a Gamma level take and hold mission using the infiltrate, deepstrike, and victory point special rules. Deceiver will have the southern board edge and be going second while natlav will have the northern board edged and be going first.

In the red corner weighing in at an impressive 1995 pts and a phase out of 11 models is the C’Tan himself, DECEIVER!

HQ:
    The Deceiver

Necron Lord
    Res Orb
    Veil of Darkness

Elite:
    7 Immortals

7 Flayed Ones

Troops:
    11 Warriors

11 Warriors

Fast Attack:
    3 Destroyers

3 Destroyers

7 Scarab Swarms
    Disruption Fields

Heavy Support:
    Monolith

Heavy Destroyer

Heavy Destroyer

Phase Out: 11

Total points: 1995

In the blue corner coming in at 1999 pts, 5 TMCs and 67 other Gribblies is the shiniest person in the verse, NATLAV!

HQ - Broodlord w/ extended carapace, toxin sacs -90
    * 11 Genestealers w/ extended carapace -220

-Hive Tyrant w/ extended carapace, toxin sacs, sything talons, twin linked devourer -132
    * 3 traynt gurad -135

Elites - 2 lictors -160

- Carnifex w/ adrenal glands(+1WS), 2x sything talons -107

- Carnifex w/ adrenal glands(+1WS), 2x sything talons -107

Troops - 16 Hormagaunts w/ toxin sacs -192

- 16 Hormagaunts w/ toxin sacs -192

- 16 Hormaguants w/ toxin sacs -192

Heavy Support - 2 Biviores both with boi acid spore mines

- Carnifex w/ adrenal glands(+1WS), toxin sacs,
    enchnaced senses, reinforced chitin, regenerate,
    sything talons, barbed strangular -179

- Carnifex w/ adrenal glands(+1WS), reinforced
    chitin, toxin sacs, enchanced senses, extended
    carapace, twin linked devourer, sything talons -163

total- 1999

When casting your vote please be sure to either put the name of the winner you chose as the subject line of your post or put it in bold somewhere in the post, thanks!

Generals of the above armies, please post your tactics for the battle as soon as you are able!

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

This is going to be a tough one. The Tyranids don't seem to have anything to take down the Monolith with (not that I can see, anyways) outside of close combat with it, likely using a Carnifex because they are that much stronger than the Tyrant. However, the Necrons don't seem to have too much capable of taking down five, count them five, Monstrous Creatures. As this is a take and hold mission, once the Tyranids get those big bads up into the objective, it's going to be a pain for the Necrons to get them back out, while also dodging the smaller guys; if the Gaunts or Broodlord and retinue can get the Necrons tied up in CC, especially the Immortals or any of the Destroyers, it's potential game over. The Lord with Veil will definitely help, though.

I think this match will be close, but in the end my vote goes to Natlav and his Tyranids.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Deployment wise, i think im going to start with the majority of my troops in the forestareas, and keep them there so that they may shoot up as many nids as possible, but be fairly well protected from a charge due to being in cover.

As the Lith cannot be harmed at range, i think ill start with that on the field. Its Portal, Ordenance weapon and/or Gauss arc of fire should come in fairly handy. Main objectives will be to keep my units out of combat, within firing range, and to claim objectives.

The Heavy Destroyers will take aim at the MC's, likely the Fex's as they are unguarded like the Tyrant.

The C'tan himself will have a field day with his moral effects, and also using his redeployment and misdirect abilities to get in close with the Broodlord and his unit early on (as they will be infiltrating i assume) and from there he can freely leave the ombat and pick fights fairly easily with whom ever he wants.

The Destroyers will take aim for the Warriors and Tyrant guard, also Biovores and Lictors when they come up as available targets. As will the immortals, unless the little bugs get too close in which case they will take priority. The Cron Warriors should be enough to take care of most of the little dudes tough.

The Lord has the vVeil, just incase its needed for teleporting, same kind of stratergy as the Lith. The lord will be sticking around with the Immortals or Flayed ones mostly, obviously may change depending on the situatiuon.

The Flayed ones Ability to force a Ld test in order for the enemy to attack them may be quite useful here, as with the Low ld of the nids they should only be hitting on 6's against them quite often.
    Last edited by Phoenix; December 18th, 2007 at 19:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

This one is going to be rough for both armies. With the lack of cover and all the shooting from the warriors, immortals, and destroyers I really can't see all the hormaguants living past turn 2. A smart player won't put his troops on the line in case they roll a 6 for fleet. The genestealers could infiltrate, but can't fleet with the brood lord, so they can be take down by the necrons at their leisure (A single round with the destroyers can wipe them all out but the brood lord). The lictors can cause some havoc the round them come into play and the biovores might kill a couple necrons, but between the lord and the monolith they can be taken out of trouble fairly easily. It pretty much is all going to boil down to if the necrons can kill the Big Bugs fast enough. There is pretty much no way the hive tyrant is getting taken out with all his defense, so that leaves the carnifexes. By turns 4-6 if Deciever plays conservatively he can safely stay at a range and shoot because the big bugs can't fleet. Due to the tyranid's lack of shooting except from the hive tyrant, the crons can have a few rounds of shooting unmolested and could probably take out two 3+ armor carnifexes (heavy destroyers and particle whip). Round 6 he goes second so he can move his army into the area and contest the center. In the end due to lack of cover and shooting Deciever will have more VPs because he killed more of Natlev's army and they both contest the center.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

I think that through sheer shootyness and mass rapid fire, Deceiver would win the day, as he can take down all the smaller units, then run away from the bigger ones while shooting them down.

Deciever
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Not sure about this one.

At first I saw nids versus necrons, saw extended carapace on monsters and genestelaers, and then concluded that it'd be an easy Nid victory.

However, upon further examination, there's a big problem with the nid list.
    There are no zoanthropes.
    There are no Carnifex mounted venom cannons
    There is only one carnifex mounted Barbie strangler.

Hence, the only things which can actually damage the monolith are the one carnifex with a barbie strangler, and also, the carnifexes and hivetyrant in CC.

This presents the nid player with a bit of a problem, as the standard argument of 'just go for phaseout' isn't quite so easy when you have a monolith recyclying units and blocking the path to CC.

That, and there's a C'tan too.. who you ignore at your own peril.. although will be trying to avoid genestealers at all costs I imagine. hahahha.

I'd like to see this match.. but at this stage, I think I may even be leaning towards Necrons.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Well this is again a tight one, and I have a horrible feeling the Necrons will edge it. Their ability to recycle their troops to prevent phase out will give them a real advantage. Then there is that blasted C'Tan and Necron Lord to deal with.

In the end the tyranids have no really effective way of getting rid of the monolith and that will be their downfall.

Deceiver for the win.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I think the monolith is too much of an issue.

I don't think the nid list is balanced well enough.

Papa K votes for the Deceiver.

(even though he deceived me out of a bag of sweets earlier, and stole my christmas presents and filled my chimney with cyanide laced mud).
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I will have to vote for Deceiver as well. The Nids list just does not have enough ranged firepower to do much until CC hits and by that time the nids list will be too thinned out to achieve much.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Keep in mind the mission, everyone... unless my brain has gone elsewhere (likely happened), take & hold puts the objective in the center of the table. All Natlav has to do is march those MC's up into the center of the table and the Necrons will have a tough time getting them out. Not to mention, if the Monolith wants to do very much, it needs to get close; if it gets too close (say, objective close) then the MC's can handle it in CC.

It's not always about killing force, here. Don't just think about killing; think about which army is better at taking (and holding) the objective.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast