2k Vote War: Round 1, Match 8… hotspike18 vs. orangedragon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

2k Vote War: Round 1, Match 8… hotspike18 vs. orangedragon

Let the battle Commence!

PLEASE NOTE: All board edges and turn orders will be determined randomly!

This will be a Gamma level seek and destroy mission using the infiltrate, deepstrike, and victory point special rules. Hotspike will have the northern board edge and be going first while orangedragon will have the southern board edge and be going second.

In the red corner weighing in at an impressive 58 models and 0 pieces of armor is the swarthiest piece of pointy metal in all the lands, HOTSPIKE18!

Daemon Prince: Mark of Tzeentch, Wings, Doombolt, and Warptime

Sorcerer: Jump Pack, Mark of Slaneesh, Lash of Submission

Terminators [x5]: 4x Combi-Plasmas, Chainfist, Icon of Chaos Glory

Chosen [x10]: Icon of Nurgle, 4x Plasmaguns, Champion with a Powerfist (Infiltrate)

Chaos Space Marines [x10]: Champion with Powerfist, Heavy Bolter, Plasmagun, Icon of Chaos Glory

Chaos Space Marines [x10]: Champion with Powerfist, Heavy Bolter, Plasmagun, Icon of Chaos Glory

Chaos Raptors [x10]: Champion with a Powerfist, Melta Bombs, Icon of Chaos Glory, Flamers x2

Chaos Havocs [x8]: Missile Launchers x4

Obliterators [x3]

In the blue corner coming in with a fair number of termis and dreads is the scaliest wurm known to man, ORANGEDRAGON!

HQ:
    Belial, Master of the Deathwing - 130pts
    Deathwing terminators - 275
    Assualt cannon, apothicary

Troops:
    Deathwing Terminators - 245
    Assualt cannon

Deathwing Terminators - 245
    Assualt cannon

Fast Attack:
    Ravenwing Attack Squadron (6) - 255pts
    (2x)melta gun, power weapon
    Attack Bike with Multi-melta - 50pts

Ravenwing Attack Squadron (3) - 145pts
    (2x)flamers, power weapon
    Attack Bike with Multi-melta - 50pts

Elite:
    Dreadnought - 160pts
    DCCW, AC, venerable, extra armour
    Transport: Drop Pod - 50pts

Dreadnought - 145
    Missile Launcher, Twin-linked autocannon

Heavy Support:
    Landraider - 250
    Twin-linked heavy bolter, 2 Twin-linked lascannons

When casting your vote please be sure to either put the name of the winner you chose as the subject line of your post or put it in bold somewhere in the post, thanks!

Generals of the above armies, please post your tactics for the battle as soon as you are able!

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Tactics: Well, the Havocs would deploy center stage, on the big mountain there and try to focus their fire on the dreadnoughts, and when given the shot the Raven-bikers as well. The Obliterators will Deep Strike and try to use their meltas to rip through the Land Raider. And then use their other heavy weapons to wipe out the incoming Terminators. The raptors will try to assault weakened squads to avoid heavy casualties in CC. The troop squads will stand back and try to help wiht fire output and avoid being assaulted by the terminators or dreadnoughts. The terminators will Deep Strike next to enemy terminator squads and unload their combi-plasmas. The Daemon Prince will avoid being shot at, but will assault the terminator squads, and vehicles if the AT units can't get them in time. The Lash Sorcerer will avoid being shot with his IC rule, and simply place enemy units within desirable shooting ranges and push away units I deem a threat at the moment.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactics:

My bikes are all going to do their scout move and then 2 of my terminator squads will Deathwing Assualt(deep strike on first turn) within my bike's teleport homers and they will concitrate fire on one squad at a time.

My ML/LC dread and MM attack bikes are going to be going character hunting, untill the obliterators come in.

The third terminator squad will be in the land raider, useing cover to stay out of the Havocs line of site as best as possible. Then around turn 2 the terminators will come out and have some fun.

My bikes(not attack bikes) will assualt eather the havocs or the marines to tie them up for a turn or 2 to keep them from shooting.

My Dreadnought in drop pod will come out where he is needed most.

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Hotspike wins, Minor Victory.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x6)

This is a tough one to call but given the number of plasma guns available in hotspikes list I have a feeling that he is going to be able to put the hurting on those termis and using the lash he will be able to avoid a charge from the bikers long enough to whittle them down.

HOTSPIKE ftw
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

The large amount of anti terminator fire, and the fact that the teleporting squads are going to meet large weapon hits the turn they arrive from those plasma guns. Also Hotspike has an entire turn to focus his fire to remove some of the more annoying components of his opponents army.

In the end, I think Hotspikes list will edge it.
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Wow, two low model count lists in a Seek and Destroy!

Lash will give Chaos some good control while it manuvers towards the bulk of the DA army. Plasma will wreck the DA while ACs and LCs will put a little hurt on Chaos.

hotspike with the marginal victory.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know.Both of them have weapons that could kill each other. But I think the Dark Angels have weapons to kill. So I'm going for Orange Dragon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

4 Powerfists will mean that the Dreads and Termies should have a fun time assaulting. I'm going with Orange Dragoon against the run of play here.

-AFG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

Also gonna have to go with Orange Dragon and the termies/landraider sold me. I think the havoc's'll be tied up by the time the landraider gets out there and moves.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast