2k Vote War: Round 2, Match 3… GingerNinja vs. Rabbit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

2k Vote War: Round 2, Match 3… GingerNinja vs. Rabbit

Let the battle Commence!

PLEASE NOTE: All board edges and turn orders will be determined randomly!

This will be a Gamma level Recon mission using the infiltrate, deepstrike, and victory point special rules. Gingey will have the south board edge and be going first while Rabbit will have the north board edge and be going second.

In the red corner weighing in at an impressive 2k pts, 64 bodies is the Ninja who puts the fear of the Ginger into any pirates he meets, GINGEY!

HQ:

Daemon Prince: 185
    MoT
    Wings
    Warptime
    Doombolt

Troops:

9 Noise Marines: 260pts
    8 Sonic Blasters
    1 Blastmaster

8 Sonic Blasters
    1 Blastmaster

8 Sonic Blasters
    1 Blastmaster

Fast Attack:

9 Raptors: 270pts
    IoK
    2 Meltas
    Champ with Lightning Claws

9 Raptors: 270pts
    IoK
    2 Meltas
    Champ with Lightning Claws

Heavy Support:

6 Havocs: 150pts
    3 Autocannons

6 Havocs: 150pts
    3 Missile Launchers

6 Havocs: 195pts
    3 Lascannons

Total: 2000pts
    64 Bodies

In the blue corner weighing in at an impressive 2k pts, 57 models and 6 pieces of armor is the notorious carrot muncher, RABBIT!

[2000 Black Legion Build]

H.Q.: 145

Chaos Sorcerer #1- 145
    *MoS
    *Lash of Torment
    *Wings

ELITE: 370

Chaos Terminator Squad #1- 185
    *5x termis
    **4x combi-plasmas
    **1x heavy flamer & power fist

Chaos Terminator Squad #2- 185
    *5x termis
    **4x combi-plasmas
    **1x heavy flamer & power fist

TROOPS: 820

Chaos Marine Squad w/ IoCG #1- 280
    *10x chaos marines w/ standard equipment
    **2x chaos marines with plasma guns
    **1x aspiring champion w/ power fist
    *1x rhino
    **extra armor

Chaos Marine Squad w/ IoCG #2- 270
    **2x chaos marines with melta guns
    *1x rhino
    **extra armor

Chaos Marine Squad w/ IoCG 31- 270
    **2x chaos marines with melta guns
    *1x rhino
    **extra armor

FAST: 290

Chaos Raptor Squad w/ IoK- 290
    *10x chaos raptors w/ standard equipment
    **2x chaos raptors w/ melta guns
    **1x aspiring champion w/ lightning claws

HEAVY: 375

Chaos Predator #1- 130
    *las-sponsons

Chaos Predator #2- 130
    *las-sponsons

Chaos Predator #3- 115
    *heavy bolter sponsons
    *havoc launcher

TOTAL COST: 2000 (on the money)
    TOTAL MODEL: 57
    TOTAL ARMOR PIECES: 6

When casting your vote please be sure to either put the name of the winner you chose as the subject line of your post or put it in bold somewhere in the post, thanks!

Generals of the above armies, please post your tactics for the battle as soon as you are able!

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Chaos vs Chaos aye!!!

This is an interesting battle. The mission type does appear to favour my opponent, due to the speed element in his list, however this does mean he has to come my way. My havocs should be able to pop off his vehicles without too much bother, as the terrain will force him into 2 bottleneck positions.

My Noise marines and havocs will hang back, using their range, (heavy weapons and blastmasters), to thin out his armour, and then use the Heavy 3, Sonic blasters to thin out his troops. Each unit of those can do 8 wounds to marines, enough to kill 2-3 per turn.

My Raptors will hang back in cover, waiting as a reactionary force to his terminators arrival from deep strike. The Lord will fly around, dodging any anti tank fire and harrassing smaller units. The Raptors and the Lord, when they have finished their tasks will be the units to head for the deployment zones, as soon as it is finished.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

It's a solid match. I have a few tactics in mind that will be posted later on today. I think it's safe to say that chaos will prevail in this battle. If not, then there's something seriously wrong :rofl

EDIT: Funny enough, I run virtually the same list as Ginger in my all-infantry chaos build.

EDIT: Perhaps this has been stated elsewhere, but what kind of cover and LOS blockage is there in the forests?
    Last edited by Rabbit; December 26th, 2007 at 20:15.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

assume normal terrain, I believe it would be no visibility 6" in and 4+ cover...

This is such a tough call but I think that Gingey is going to edge it out. His havocs will eat the preds and with the help of the blast masters will be able to pop the rhinos early on. From there Rabbit will have to wade through fire from 3 noise marine squads as well as contend with 2 squads of raptors and a daemon prince as counter charge.
    Last edited by Ironangel256; December 27th, 2007 at 16:17.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Two master crafted lists. Two exceptional generals.

Damn.. this should be a good one.

FOR CHAOS!

To early to tell I reckon. Rabbit, we need to know your tactics.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

Ginger
    tough to call but noise marines turn the tide imo
    Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define "interesting".
    Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

The havocs are the biggest threat, and so, the terminators will function as sacrificial shock squads in order to thin down Ginger's heavy weapons. Assuming I can successfully block LOS to my tanks, I'll hang back, waiting until round 2, when I can begin bringing in the 5 man terminator squads to flank the enemy havocs, each squad killing an average of 5.5 marines on the round of deep strike. The first termis will start with the lascannon squad, while the second will proceed to whittle down the missile launcher unit. Any termis that survive the counter ranged attack will then proceed directly towards c.c. engagement with the enemy.

Turn 2: Rhinos blow smoke and advance towards the two enemy raptor squads. My raptors & sorcerer will use the rhinos as mobile cover, accompanying the rhinos. Once the marines are within rapid fire distance, they will deploy, and let loose the goose into Ginger's two raptor units, kill on average 7 raptors total on the rapid firing round. My raptors will then charge into the larger enemy raptor unit. During this skirmish, the rhinos will shield my marines from the incoming range fire of the noise marines, pending the termination of the enemy raptors.

The three predators will anticipate the daemon prince and unload each round into him. With these 3 pups, a single round of fire should bring the prince down to 1 would, at which point, my raptors will pop shot the last remaining blood in that foul creature, and send him back to his mother!

Finally, the chaos marines and what remains of the rhinos and raptors will begin the march towards the few remaining noise marines, supported by incoming ranged hate of the 3 predators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    The havocs are the biggest threat, and so, the terminators will function as sacrificial shock squads in order to thin down Ginger's heavy weapons.
    Sacrificing Termies? Are you nuts. Last time a frien dof mine sacrificed his Termies he almost smashed his head with a baseball bat. Oh well termies arn't perfect, even they have their days to go suicidal.

Anywho I'm going to have to go with gingerninja. When I see one chaos list with predators and another with a crapload of Havocs.. I'm thinking " Preds = new terrain"
    THen again Rabbit it's not your fault that the preds are going to get shot and you have to sacrifice the termies. But think about it. What is more useful in this case: The termies or the preds? I personally would go for the termies because they could generally live longer.

On the plus side for Ginerninga, blast masters make good backup for the havocs 8Y

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by natlav View Post
    Sacrificing Termies? Are you nuts. Last time a frien dof mine sacrificed his Termies he almost smashed his head with a baseball bat. Oh well termies arn't perfect, even they have their days to go suicidal.
    Ginger's havocs are the largest threat to my army. My build hinges around vehicles, so when the havocs start taking down my movement mods (i.e,. vehicles), then my entire spearhead goes caput. The termi squads are the cheapest troop squad in my build , precisely for the sacrificial purposes I described above. It's not a big deal to kill less points than the termis are worth (assuming they die the turn after they deep strike), if I can successfully destroy the biggest threat to my army. Just remember, deep striking the termis in the flanking position against the havocs would eliminate a HUGE amount of Ginger's tank busting capabilities, thus allowing my tanks advance with less thorns to avoid.

My other option would be to hold them off the table, pending a combined ranged assault at close quarters with either the raptors or the chaos marines. This is my usual tactic. However, if you weigh the sides, you'll see that holding the termis back in anticipation of a combined ranged assault actually end up losing me more models in the long run, due to the destructive nature of ginger's havocs. General Rule of Thumb: Take down havocs and devastator squads as early as possible.
    Last edited by Rabbit; December 27th, 2007 at 22:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    155 (x2)

Rabbit

I would love to see this battle played out...it is definitely a tough call, but it looks to me that Rabbit has the advantage here, mainly due to terrain. Rabbit should be able to keep his armor out of LOS and maneuver in to really tear into gingerninja’s force, and I just don’t think that ginger has the fire power to handle Rabbit’s army.
    Primary Army: Tyranids; Secondary Army: Space Wolves

It's Illeagle, but it' s not that illeagle. - John Public

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast