2k Vote War: Round 2, Match 16… orangedragon vs. gamete - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

2k Vote War: Round 2, Match 16… orangedragon vs. gamete

Let the battle Commence!

PLEASE NOTE: All board edges and turn orders will be determined randomly!

This will be a Gamma level cleanse mission using the infiltrate, deepstrike, and victory point special rules. orangedragon will have the north edge and the second turn while gamete will have the south edge and go first.

In the red corner coming in with a fair number of termis and dreads is the scaliest wurm known to man, ORANGEDRAGON!

HQ:
    Belial, Master of the Deathwing - 130pts
    Deathwing terminators - 275
    Assualt cannon, apothicary

Troops:
    Deathwing Terminators - 245
    Assualt cannon

Deathwing Terminators - 245
    Assualt cannon

Fast Attack:
    Ravenwing Attack Squadron (6) - 255pts
    (2x)melta gun, power weapon
    Attack Bike with Multi-melta - 50pts

Ravenwing Attack Squadron (3) - 145pts
    (2x)flamers, power weapon
    Attack Bike with Multi-melta - 50pts

Elite:
    Dreadnought - 160pts
    DCCW, AC, venerable, extra armour
    Transport: Drop Pod - 50pts

Dreadnought - 145
    Missile Launcher, Twin-linked autocannon

Heavy Support:
    Landraider - 250
    Twin-linked heavy bolter, 2 Twin-linked lascannons

In the blue corner coming in with 82 necrons and a phase out of 20 is the newbiest necron player to ever walk around on three legs, GAMETE!

HQ
    Necron lord w/ gaze of flame, phylactery, lightning field, resurrection orb. = 195
    Necron lord w/ veil of Darkness, resurrection orb. =200

Troops
    2x 20 Necrons w/ Disruption Field.
    4x 10 Necrons w/ Disruption Field.

When casting your vote please be sure to either put the name of the winner you chose as the subject line of your post or put it in bold somewhere in the post, thanks!

Generals of the above armies, please post your tactics for the battle as soon as you are able!

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bikes are going to be the key unit(s) in this one. They are going to use their scout move into cover then assualt them on turn 1. My termies will deepstrike near the bikes and use the assualt as cover from the other squads of necrons. The turn after that, the terminators will help out the bikes(if needed) to assualt the same squad.

Basicly my bikes and 3 squads of terminators, will be Necron-hopping(like island-hopping in WW2). Moveing from squad to squad, sstaying clear of the one squad with the necronlord with the veil of darkness.

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Gamete

Gamete, the resurrection orbs just make his numbers ridiculously resilient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going with Gamete on this one.
    And I have a couple of reasons to support this.
    1) The necrons would be able to shoot down the tanks in no time
    2) the termies would die easily from the crons
    3) lots of shots on the deathwing, can't save them all now can we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
    Gamete has a LOT of necrons, and they are a total bitch to deal with.
    The terminators will be able to annihilate them easily if the get into close combat.

I think Dragon will win, simply because Gamete only has a bunch of souped up bolters, nothing that works against terminators.
    And realistically, the Terminators will get in almost unopposed, they can DS and will get shot up a bunch, but will charge in with enough Powerfist attacks to destroy the Necrons, they won't get a regenerate thing, so they're stuffed.
    And if they run away they'll totally get Sweeping advanced, they have such low Initiative.
    Some conter-point:
    - Sweeping Advance is disallowed for Termies (unless DA has some special rule 0
    - The RO overcomes Instant Death conditions and doesn't require that the Lord carrying it be attached to the squad. The latter aspect of RO also applies to the VoD.
    - Volume of fire will definitely bring the numbers down substantially. Those souped-up bolters are a danger to everything in the DA list.

Additional points:
    - There is a high probability that any unit making an assault will be left in the open to tons of Warrior fire if the assaulted squad is VoD'd out. This will allow squads to be picked off piece by piece.
    - Sure the bikes are fast, but what are they going to go after? The Necron list doesn't have any specialized units, just mass bodies. They are far more vulnerable than the Termies that will have to roll reserves to arrive, they will be easy pickings if they made offensive moves.
    - The Dreads and LR are vulnerable to everything in the Necron list.
    - Very few bodies on the DA side, I wouldn't be surprised if most to all of it gets wiped out.

Gamete.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I agree with kore here, the Terminators are going to put a kink in the Necron battle plans, but that's the only thing they'll have to worry much about. The necrons are not going to worry too much the dreadnoughts as long as they avoid it in CC, and they'll laugh off the Land Raider. It could be close, but I think the sheer manpower of the Necrons will win the day. Gamete for the win.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Oh...
    Ok, my entire argument just got pwnt, and I didn't see the VOD, so yeah...

I suppose I'll change my vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Gamete. Pretty much for all the reasons listed above. I would be kinda tempted to go with O-dragon due to the scenario, but his tactics didn't fit.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I got to do is stay away from the squad with the Lord with VoD, its not that hard. I also am useing the hill thats spliting his army in half as cover. All my army is going to be working as one. Useing the assualt as cover aswell as the terain. With all that blockage, not includeing the squad or 2 of necrons that are in combat, thats not alot of shots going towards my guys.

3 squads of terminators, each with a 2+ save and 5+ inv. And one appothicary. And my T5 bikes. With 3+ saves. I can split that squad of 6 bikes, makeing 3 squads of 3 bikes, and 2 squads of 1 attack bike. The bikes are really just the meat thats keeping the necrons from going too far so the terminators can shoot/assault the crap out of them. I don't know about you but, 2 power weapons from the bikes and a bunch of powerfists from the terminators, alot of necrons won't be back. Thats not includeing the rending or melta weapons.
    Last edited by Orange Dragon; December 30th, 2007 at 14:34.

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x6)

MATCH CLOSED!
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Closed Thread