Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2k Vote War: Round 4, Match 4… LordLink vs. Deceiver

909 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Ironangel256 
#1 · (Edited)
Let the battle Commence!

PLEASE NOTE: All board edges and turn orders will be determined randomly!

This will be a Gamma level recon mission using the infiltrate, deepstrike, and victory point special rules. LordLink will have the north board edge and be going first while Deci will have the south board edge and be going second.

In the red corner weighing in at an impressive 2k pts, 47 models and 8 pieces of armor is Zelda’s knight in shining armor, LORDLINK!

The Flamekin
Craftworld of Burning Blood

HQ
Jetbike Farseer /w mind war, doom, spirit stones, singing spear-153

Farseer /w guide, runes of warding-90

Elites
10 Fire Dragons-160
Wave Serpent /w twin-shuriken cannons, spirit stones-120

Troops
10 Dire Avengers-152
-Exarch /w pair of shuriken catapults, bladestorm
Wave Serpent /w twin-lances, spirit stones-145

10 Dire Avengers-152
-Exarch /w pair of shuriken catapults, bladestorm
Wave Serpent /w twin-lances, spirit stones-145

5 Pathfinders-120

5 Pathfinders-120

Fast Attack
Vyper /w pair of shuriken cannons-60

Heavy Support
Falcon /w scatter laser, shuriken cannon, holo-fields, spirit stones-185

3 War Walkers /w pair of scatter lasers each-180

5 Dark Reapers-217
-Exarch /w eldar missile launcher, fast shot

In the blue corner weighing in at an impressive 1995 pts and a phase out of 11 models is the C’Tan himself, DECEIVER!

HQ:
The Deceiver

Necron Lord
Res Orb
Veil of Darkness

Elite:
7 Immortals

7 Flayed Ones

Troops:
11 Warriors

11 Warriors

Fast Attack:
3 Destroyers

3 Destroyers

7 Scarab Swarms
Disruption Fields

Heavy Support:
Monolith

Heavy Destroyer

Heavy Destroyer

Phase Out: 11

Total points: 1995[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

When casting your vote please be sure to either put the name of the winner you chose as the subject line of your post or put it in bold somewhere in the post, thanks!

Generals of the above armies, please post your tactics for the battle as soon as you are able!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Ok, going secong in this one. As usual my warriors will be terrain hugging for protection, as id prefet to be at range than in combat, even against eldar!

The Lith has little to threaten it so will begin on the beard i think. Everything will do its best to remain hidden from enemy fire in the enemies first turn, then able to move in my 1st turn in order to shoot.

Apart from that i really dont know what else i need to say, except all guns will be on the Vehicles early on. Mass fire shold be able to cause a decent amount of damage. Ill have the Destroyers concentrate fire on the Dark Reapers for turn 1, that should easily be enough to take care of them. Immortals for backup fire if needed. Once the eldar get close and disembark ill start shooting them up too. The Liths gauss flux arc will be great for getting a lot of hits on multiple units and vehicles each turn.

Also, i believe Pathfinders are infiltrating able? In which case Deci can go straight into them, then use Misdirect early on and begin getting up close with the rest of the list to cause some carnage.

#3 ·
Ok, well my priority target is simply to take out the destroyers. Fortunately for this task I have a squad of reapers and 2 squads of pathfinders. More than enough for 6 destroyers. They don't get WBB if the whole squad of 3 is dead (unless the squads stay side by side). If the destroyers go down before the war walkers then the games in the bag as nothing else can kill them.

This board is entirely size 3 terrain and thats going to cause a few problems for the necrons. The eldar will always be getting the first strike. Basically a serpent full of avengers can sit on one side of the forest then suddenly jump over and come out bladestorming.

No threats to the monolith? I happen to have a wave serpent full of fire dragons that are the 2nd best anti-monolith squad in the game (after wraithguard). It doesn't matter so much though as the fire dragons will be melting entire necron squads at a time. The problem with a teleporting ressurection orb is that it can't cover the non-teleporting squads.

Scarabs are never a problem against my army, the vyper shoots into them and they lose half their squad. The falcon shoots into them and there goes the other half. With the abundance of S6 weapons in the list the scarabs will die long before they get to charge anything important.

And this just leaves the Deceiver, any pathfinders that can draw sight to him will be firing after the destroyers are dead, although my question is what exactly is the Deceiver going to do? he still only moves 6" a turn unless I'm mistaken and thats nowhere near enough to get the jump on the eldar. At best he's a 300 point pinning test (something the dark eldar get for 5 points).

Basically the necrons just have too few numbers here. They're relying on a few key squads that iwll have to survive the eldar firepower and that just isn't going to happen. I don't have to kill his whole army, only the units capable of hurting me.

PS: Have a look at my Farseer and just how much he devastates this army.

#4 ·
Two things of note:

1. Both players are listed as having the north edge. Both sides are the same, but still...

2. Both players have not placed anything within their tactics concerning THE OBJECTIVE.

Which means I have to fill in some blanks as far as the TheoryHammer goes...

As far as the objective is concerned, I don't believe any of Link's vehicles will make it across the board. Gauss is just the right thing for skimmers; pouring on the auto-glances can do wonders even to a fully loaded Falcon. On the other hand, a Monolith and VoD are perfect ways for Dec to get Necrons into Link's zone.

But therein lies the rub: Neither player is trying for the objective. Since they wanna make it a slugfest, based on their tactics, I believe that before turn 6, the Necrons will phase out. Granted, there will most likely be very few Eldar left on the board...

LordLink.

#5 ·
Well, Wyrm got it right as far as the objective of the match is concerned. Given that you both have neglected to mention anything about it I will have to give the match to Link as well. it seems that he has just the right elements to put a hurting on the crons. Mindwar and the pathfinders will spell doom for the deceiver and after that I see a phase out on the way...

#7 ·
I dont really like arguing my case repeatedly in these things, but its looking kinda bad so theres just a few things i want to add.

To comment on Links tactics, gauss weapons always wound on a 6, so even if you can take out the destroyers before they get you (they will be well out of sight in your 1st turn, and the Deceiver's redeployment ability can make sure of that) then the rest of my guns are prefectly able to take out the Walkers.

Also Deceiver has an ability to allow him to move out of combat 2D6 in the enemies combat phase. Hebce once he attacks infiltrators or deepstrikers, etc, he will pretty much have free roam of the field and combats. He ignores all terrain too for movement.

My Phase out is 11. If needs be i can keep a unit of warriors well hidden and teleportable to preven t that limit being reached.

Anyway, please continue guys! :)

#8 ·
rest of my guns are prefectly able to take out the Walkers.

I was kinda wondering why Link thought that only the destroyers could hurt the walkers. Auto-glabces from gauss for one. Also, I thought that War Walkers only had armor 10, so even the S4 weapons could get a natural glance.

#9 ·
Destroyers are a threat to the war walkers. Of course everything else can theoretically hurt them, just like theoretically my lance can hurt his monolith. But things like range and getting enough shots to start rolling those 6's matter. I'm not sure and it would depend on the necron deployment but my war walkers would most likely deploy behind the hill then walk onto it.

As for the mission I thought about it then decided it was going to have very little impact. We both have fast or deep-striking units capable of reaching it but neither of us were going to try.

Staying hidden agains the eldar is incredibly difficult as only the the dark reapers are static firepower. In the latter stages of the game ANY of my surviving untis can begin flushing out necrons.

EDIT: Why would I deploy my pathfinders up close to an opponent? especially with a Deceiver on the board. If worst comes to worst the pathfinders can even fleet of foot away from the Deceiver (they ignore terrain too).

#10 ·
While Deceiver makes some good points, the Fire Dragons will absolutely destroy the Necrons and LordLink should have enough other shots to clean up any remaining threats to them. Lord Link should have it.

#12 ·
Deceiver

Why, i hear you ask? Well, i think that once Deci gets his metal paws on the objective, theres no way for LL to shift him. His vehicles will get shaken to pieces, which is unfortunate for my eldar brothers....

Well, Link, remember the immortals should be able to put some serious hurt on your walkers. But i think Deci will come out with the objective, crons can be very hard to shift -_-

My sympathies to link, crons are the one army i really didnt want to face with my eldar :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.