2k Vote War FINAL MATCH - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

2k Vote War FINAL MATCH

2k Vote War: Round 8, Match 1… danjones87 vs. Rabbit

Let the battle Commence!

PLEASE NOTE: All board edges and turn orders will be determined randomly!

This will be a Gamma level seek and destroy using the infiltrate, deepstrike, and victory point special rules. Dan will have the north edge and the first turn while Rabbit will have the south edge and the second turn.

In the red corner weighing in at an impressive 2k pts, 46 models, and 6 pieces of armor is the man without mercy, DANJONES!

HQ

Lord, Daemon weapon, Jump pack, Mark of Tzeentch Personnal icon.

Daemon Prince, Mark of Slaanesh, Flight, Lash

ELITES

5 Terminators, 5 combi plasma 1 power fist

TROOPS

10 Chaos marines, dual plasma, aspiring champion with powerfist, IoCG
    Rhino

10 Chaos marines, dual plasma, aspiring champion with powerfist, IoCG
    Rhino

10 Plague marines, dual plasma, aspiring champion with powerfist and personnal icon
    Rhino

FAST ATTACK

9 Raptors, dual melta, aspiring champion with lightening claws

HEAVY SUPPORT

Pred w/ AC LC sponsons

Pred w/ AC LC Sponsons

Pred w/ AC HB Sponsons Havoc Launcher

In the blue corner weighing in at an impressive 2k pts, 57 models and 6 pieces of armor is the notorious carrot muncher, RABBIT!

[2000 Black Legion Build]

H.Q.: 145

Chaos Sorcerer #1- 145
    *MoS
    *Lash of Torment
    *Wings

ELITE: 370

Chaos Terminator Squad #1- 185
    *5x termis
    **4x combi-plasmas
    **1x heavy flamer & power fist

Chaos Terminator Squad #2- 185
    *5x termis
    **4x combi-plasmas
    **1x heavy flamer & power fist

TROOPS: 820

Chaos Marine Squad w/ IoCG #1- 280
    *10x chaos marines w/ standard equipment
    **2x chaos marines with plasma guns
    **1x aspiring champion w/ power fist
    *1x rhino
    **extra armor

Chaos Marine Squad w/ IoCG #2- 270
    **2x chaos marines with melta guns
    *1x rhino
    **extra armor

Chaos Marine Squad w/ IoCG 31- 270
    **2x chaos marines with melta guns
    *1x rhino
    **extra armor

FAST: 290

Chaos Raptor Squad w/ IoK- 290
    *10x chaos raptors w/ standard equipment
    **2x chaos raptors w/ melta guns
    **1x aspiring champion w/ lightning claws

HEAVY: 375

Chaos Predator #1- 130
    *las-sponsons

Chaos Predator #2- 130
    *las-sponsons

Chaos Predator #3- 115
    *heavy bolter sponsons
    *havoc launcher

TOTAL COST: 2000 (on the money)
    TOTAL MODEL: 57
    TOTAL ARMOR PIECES: 6

When casting your vote please be sure to either put the name of the winner you chose as the subject line of your post or put it in bold somewhere in the post, thanks!

Generals of the above armies, please post your tactics for the battle as soon as you are able!

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Nice, a near mirror image of build. I'll have tactics posted tomorrow.

One more thing: please refrain from casting your vote until both players have given their strategy.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

...... Dust and smoke rolled across the battlefield, crater and scarred by months of war, bodies of the fallen lay unburied, some burning, all forgotten.

A force gathered on the southern side of the warzone, black and gold armoured, these warriors were the Black legion, Sons of Horus mourning there primarchs death at the hands of the hated foe and the first to flee from the seige of terra.
    'Cowards.' The words bearly left Asavar Kroms pale lips before they were swollowed by the howling winds.
    Kroms armour was a deep dark iron, pitted and dented from a millenia of battle. Compared to his body, it had come off lightly. Half of his head was now a mass of electronics and adamantium plating, the other, pale weather beaten and scarred. Both his arms had been replaced by bionics and so had his legs.
    Krom raised his left arm, his axe held high he bellowed to his comrades, his brothers.
    'Our time has come my brothers, all who have stood before us, have fallen before us. Like true sons of Perturabo, we have shown them no mercy, he have destroyed the forces arrayed infront of us. Now, an old ally has positioned itself before us, they claim to be the greatest force in the galaxy. 10,000 years ago, they lead the assualt on Terra, we, the Iron warriors bowed before them, we accepted that the Sons of Horus were the greatest legion known, Horus the greatest Primarch of all. But remember brothers, they left us out to dry, they were the first to flee from Terra, they were the first scatter. They fled to mourn there dead, when the galaxy was in there grasp, they let it all slip away.'
    The wind howlled, blowing the dust of Kroms shoulder plate, revealing an Iron mask on a brass star of chaos.
    'Sons of Olympia, Our time has come, the final enemy is before us and the cowards will die! Glory to Perturabo! Glory to Chaos! Glory to the Iron Warriors!' ...........

Ok, sorry about that, here it is, the final match! I cant believe Ive made it this far nevermind that Im the only UNDEFEATED person in the whole vote war.

Rabbit has a VERY similar list to mine in many ways. Rabbit has an extra unit of terminators over myself, but I have a Daemon prince and one squad upgraded to plague marines in response. I can see the plague marines being a nusance for any range attacks that Rabbit has.

So tactics, I will depoly in solid mass in the top right, in whats known as the woodland plasma paradise. I get first turn and I expect that Rabbit will hide away so that I cannot shoot at his army. I will deploy the preds behind the cover so they can move out when a target presents itself and fight on my terms. My infantry will all deploy in the woodland cover. My rhinos will act as mobile road blocks to push Rabbits troops into fire lanes. My raptors will hang back and wait to leap forwards to bring the pain down on vehicles and straggling squads. My Daemon prince will hang back with these two maybe moving forwards to lash any squad that presents itself out side the woodland plasma paradise. My terminators will deepstrike and hopefully jump onto either one of rabbits termie squads or the raptors of khorne.

Target number 1 is the lash sorc. I would like to put a few holes in him if he presents himself.

**Just a note**
    After browsing through other Vote war matches it has come to my attention that Rabbit has changed his tactics and battle plan mid game, while this is not illegal nor is it unsporting (Its obviously a good idea if things are going unfavourably) it does waste time, while you may be working towards completing one tatic one turn, changing those tactics will waste that previous turns efforts.

Dan

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

I'm relinquishing the battle over to you. Time is pressed in RL, so I don't have the opportunity to do much with LO for now.

Side: It would have been a boring game anyway, since I was planning on employing the same tactics as you. There are a few other notable distinctions in our armies that would have played out on the table. For one, my rhinos have extra armor; two, my raptors have the IoK. Overall, it would have been a close match.

RESIGNS MATCH TO DANJONES

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

So.. does Rabbit surrender??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does seem like Rabbit surrenders, and it makes good sence to why.

Both armys are the same, they have the same tatics, which is just hide and shoot. So both armies will be hiding in the corner doing nothing.

And since the armies are so close to likely ness, it will only come down to the luck of the roll (if anyone was to run out of cover).

So, there is really no way to vote a win for eather army. Because we can't determine how the dice gods favor them, and the dice gods are really the ones who choices who lives, and who dies.

I congradulate you Rabbit for seeing when everyone else was blind.

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Dragon View Post
    It does seem like Rabbit surrenders,
    Yes, Rabbit surrenders. His chaos army puts their tales between their legs and heads for the highlands, leaving the field free to the pillage of Danjones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

At least Chaos won this battle...
    <_<
    >_>

"It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by psichotykwyrm View Post
    At least Chaos won this battle...
    <_<
    >_>

No, the Iron warriors won this battle!

All hail the chevrons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tragic. It's just like New England going to the Superbowl saying " Oh we quit, this game's going to be totally retarted." And at the last match too. Oh well.:drinking:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast