Apocalyptic Batttle 1: Svalene vs Boo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Apocalyptic Batttle 1: Svalene vs Boo

Svalene's List
    HQ :

Shas’el w/ Plasma rifle, Missile Pod , Targetting Array, Hardwired Multitracker

Shas’el w/ Plasma rifle, Missile Pod , Targetting Array, Hardwired Multitracker

Shas’el w/ Plasma rifle, Fusion Blaster , Targetting Array, Hardwired Multitracker

Shas’el w/ Plasma rifle, Fusion Blaster, Targetting Array, Hardwired Multitracker

Elite:

Crisis Squad: 1 crisis w/ Twinlinked missile pods, Targetting Array

Crisis Squad: 1 crisis w/ Twinlinked Fusion Blasters, Targetting Array

Crisis Squad: 1 crisis w/ Twinlinked Fusion Blasters, Targetting Array

Crisis Squad: 1 crisis Teamleader w/ Missile pod, Plasma Rifle, Targetting Array, Hardwired Multitracker

Crisis Squad: 1 crisis Teamleader w/ Missile pod, Plasma Rifle, Targetting Array, Hardwired Multitracker

Stealth Squad: 3 Stealth suits

Troops:

Fire warrior Squad: 12 fire warriors inside devilfish w/ Decoy launchers,multitracker,targeting array,SMS

Fire warrior Squad: 12 fire warriors inside devilfish w/ Decoy launchers,multitracker,targeting array,SMS

Kroot squad: 10 kroot carnivores

Heavy support:

Hammerhead Gunship: Hammerhead w/ Railgun,Burst Cannons, Decoy Launchers, Multitracker

Hammerhead Gunship: Hammerhead w/ Railgun,Burst Cannons, Decoy Launchers, Multitracker

Broadside Squad: 1 Broadside w/ Advanced Stabilization System

Total: 3997 points

The Plan is to deploy the crisis behind cover, as well as all the tanks (as much as possible) and infiltrate the kroot into cover, preferably close to the objectives. The stealth squads will infiltrate behind the kroot squads to provide supporting fire.I will keep the 2 twinlinked Fusion Blaster suits in deepstrike to deepstrike in the rear armour of enemy vehicles ( indirect fire vehicles if there are any). Once the game starts the kroots and Stealth will fire at the enemy infantry, weakening before the main guns come in action. The broadsides will move slowly, using their ASS to get line of sight towards vehicle, but not exposing them to too much return fire. The Hammerheads will drop pie plates on the enemy infantry, or fire at vehicles in certain situations. The missile pods crisis will remain pretty far back,using their assault move to remain hidden while firing at lighr vehicles. The rest of the Crisis and the Commanders will move forward (but not close enough to be in danger), firing their weapons on infantry or light vehicles. The plan is to have the Kroots and stealth hold the objectives long enough and weaken the enemy army enough for the crisis and Fire warrior squads to drive the enemy back.

Boo's List
    These protect the grots, giving army 5+ save
    6x Big mek KFF

these charge forward and swarm objective, just try and move them all : D
    19x 25 Grots + 2 Slavers

These try and shake/destroy tanks and other big things
    9x 3 kannons + 3 crew + 3 riggers

This detachment is the sneaky gits, who'll usualy arrive from reserve, and try and kill people
    with a claw/kannon to the back of head

Big mek KFF

Da Red Gobbo (warboss)
    -P claw, Combi burna, cybork body

6x 25grots + 2 slavers

3x 3 kannons + 3 crew + 3 riggers

And yeah, that's about it, i like to keep things simple.
    Get voting, hope the best list wins!

Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

well the opposing army has about 600 grots, seems very indimidating but in the end i trust that my firepower is great enough to weather them down.I am planning to seperate my kroots in 2 groups of 50,each on 2 objectives pretty close to me supported my stealths.100 kroot firing each turn at the grots,focusing on a few squads a turn, should get rid of a good amount of the grot horde by the time they reach the middle, when my kroots will be able to rapid fire the grots, which will be forced to charge the kroots in cover, which will strike first,causing yet more losses, he wont be able to take both of the objectives without focusing entirely on them.The amount of grot will force them to attack me wave by wave,as their is no way they can all be placed in a single line.Eventually i expect the grots to overrun some of the objectives, but not the 2 i protected, and they will then be shot at with all my hammerheads and crisis suits, i expect a lot of grot squads to fail morale tests due to their mediocre ld. In the final turns my FW in devilfish and my hammerheads will swoop in and take/contest the objectives i lost.I plan on keeping almost all my skimmers alive all game long by quickly shooting down the cannons with my broadsides and long ranged crisis suits, which shouldn't be too hard. When his reserves come into play i will be forced to shoot them with all my crisis suits,hammerheads and broadsides,and after a shooting phase the threat should be dealt with, this should be around turn 3, after which my entire army will focus on the grots which should be camping around the middle, after a few shooting phases there should be very little left in his army and the objectives he does still hold i will contest with skimmers he cannot damage.And if something goes wrong and his grots do get close to the bulk of my army,all they can charge are lone crisis suits.

This does sound awfully confident, but i think that from the moment his cannons are destroyed, which should be on turn 1, his army cannot damage my 8 skimmers who will then be able to contest and take the objectives...
    Last edited by Svalene; August 30th, 2008 at 13:37.
    -A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

This reminds me of those computer games in which a machinegun-toting hero takes on innumerable hordes of gribblies.

They almost always end one way, however. The poor suckers get shot to a pulp, and the survivors end up treading through a marsh of corpses.

Sval's gunline will take the win.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I don't know. I think Sva's army is meant to take out a crapload of tanks/titans, not 600+ little green dudes.

Sure they're slow and that, but once they get into combat, I think Sva will have a hard time trying to take out the grots in combat.

my vote goes to boo

>

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Considering that Sval can contest the objectives near the end of the game (Since the grots will have a hard time destroying the tanks, and the fire warriors can just hide int hem all game), then Sval gets my vote.

The Kannons may cause a little hassle, but I do not believe there enough of them to withstand the gunline for long enough, before being destroyed.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

it's close, so close i'll have to... flip a coin... seriously though, i think Boo has this one in the bag... perhaps... I VOTE BOO!
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

My vote goes to Boo's grot army

boo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

the joy of gretchin, is they have a ld7 RE-Rollable, ld,
    so they withstand more than smurfs,

also, if i can get on the objective, you can't get near enough to contest it : D

(733 grots btw, all of which can be covered by a 5+ cover save)

Grots/SoB/CSP/AWN/DE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

my vote is with the grots, the tau have no way of killing them all.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

One for Svalene.

Kroot. heheheh.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast