Apocalyptic Batttle 8: Mongooseo vs Jaffar_Hasad - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Apocalyptic Batttle 8: Mongooseo vs Jaffar_Hasad

Mongooseo's List
    Cobra Squadron: 410pts
    Cobra 1: Vulture (Twin Linked Lascannons, 6x Hunter Killer Missiles): 205 pts
    Cobra 2: Vulture (Twin Linked Lascannons, 6x Hunter Killer Missiles): 205 pts

Mongoose Squadron: 410 Points

Mongoose 1: Hydra Flack Tank (Extra Armor): 205pts
    Mongoose 2: Hydra Flack Tank (Extra Armor): 205pts

Emperor’s Fury Artillery Battery: Hellfire Squadron: 400pts

Hellfire 1: Basilisk (Indirect Fire, Hull Heavy Bolter): 125pts
    Hellfire 2: Basilisk (Indirect Fire, Hull Heavy Bolter): 125pts
    Hellfire 3: Basilisk (Indirect Fire, Hull Heavy Bolter): 125pts

Emperor’s Hammer Tank Squadron: Sledgehammer Squadron: 615pts

Sledgehammer 1: Leman Russ Demolisher (Hull Lascannon, Multi-Melta Sponsoons, Searchlight, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers): 204pts
    Sledgehammer 2: Leman Russ Demolisher (Hull Lascannon, Plasma Cannon Sponsoons, Extra Armor, Smike Launchers): 193pts
    Sledgehammer 3: Leman Russ Demolisher (Hull Lascannon, Plasma Cannon Sponsoons, Extra Armor, Smike Launchers): 193pts

Emperor’s Hammer Tank Squadron: Viper Squadron: 620pts

Viper 1: Leman Russ Vanquisher (Hull Lascannon, Extra Armor, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers): 199
    Viper 2: Leman Russ Vanquisher (Hull Lascannon, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers): 198
    Viper 3: Leman Russ Vanquisher (Hull Lascannon, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers): 198

Emperor’s Hammer Tank Squadron: Katana Squadron: 515 Points

Katana 1: Leman Russ (Hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight): 164
    Katana 2: Leman Russ (Hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers): 163
    Katana 3: Leman Russ (Hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers): 163

Emperor’s Hammer Tank Squadron: Fer-de-Lance Squadron: 515 Points

Fer-de-Lance 1: Leman Russ (Hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight) :164
    Fer-de-Lance 2: Leman Russ (Hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers): 163
    Fer-de-Lance 3: Leman Russ (Hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers): 163

Emperor’s Hammer Tank Squadron: Cesium Squadron: 515 Points

Cesium 1: Leman Russ (Hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight): 164
    Cesium 2: Leman Russ (Hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers): 163
    Cesium 3: Leman Russ (Hull Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers): 163

Tactics:
    Each part of my force is ideally suited to kill one thing, and I think is adequitely equipped to do something else. My army is divided into three echelons, each of which will appear on the field in a broad wave.
    First things first: The rear support echelon. This consists of Hellfire Squadron, Vyper Squadron, and partially of Mongoose Squadron. Hellfire Squadron is going to target any masses of infantry that the opponent can field. This is especially true where they are packed together, such as at chokepoints or defending objectives. It will also target enemy transport vehicles if infantry are not immediately available. Viper Squadron’s mmediate tasking is the neutralization of enemy superheavy vehicles, meaning land raiders, baneblades, titans, etc. After that, target priority shifts to lower class vehicles, or masses of infantry if no vehicles are in LOS. Mongoose Squadron will first kill any aircraft attempting to engage the rear echelon, and then proceed into the middle echelon to either kill enemy light vehicle squadrons or infantry.
    The Middle Echelon: This consists of Mongoose Squadron, as well as any plain Leman Russ Squadron (Cesium, Fer-de-Lance, Katana). Their objective is the destruction f convienent targets, which could mean anything. Each has decent anti-tank and anti-infantry firepower, and are meant to hold captured objectives/break opponents off of objectives. Each squadron will likely work in concert with another squadron of tanks, either supporting it or being supported by it.
    The Front Echelon: this consists of Sledgehammer and Cobra Squadrons. Their objective is to kill off anything on top of objectives and keep rolling on. Sledgehammer targets any infantry, while Cobra targets vehicles. Sledgehammer can assist with vehicle destruction, if need be.
    Keep in mind that each echelon is not meant to act independantly. The forward echelon is preceeded by artillery, and is supported by the middle echelon, while the rear echelon is protected from flank marches by the middle echelon.

Jaffar_Hasad's List
    Apoc book:
    6 Thunderbolt Fighters with 4 hell strike missiles =1320
    3 Thunderbolt Fighters with 4 bombs =660

3 marauder bombers,2 12 bombs, and 1 with 2 hellstorm bombs =1200

IG codex:
    Doctrines: Conscripts and Independent Commissars.
    50 scripts and commissar w/ refractor field and power fist + laspistol =275
    50 scripts and commissar w/ refractor field and power fist + laspistol =275

30 scripts with 3 heavy bolter teams and commissar w/ r field and power fist + laspistol =270

4000 total

Infantry

130 conscripts, with 3 heavy weapons teams
    3 commissars with reactor fields and power fists + pistol

Vehicles

9 Thunderbolts, 6 with missiles, 3 with bombs
    3 marauders, 1 with hellstorm bombs

Strategic Asset: Strategic Redeployment

Tactics:

Bet a long time to get second turn, then place down the large conscript squad behind cover. Second turn I release the rest of the conscripts, who hide behind cover like the first squad. In the third turn I release all of my flyers. The Hellstrike Thunderbolts attack vehicles (Heavy anti-air vehicles taking priority followed by enemy flyers, then indirect firers, followed by transports, then anything left), and then focus on heavily armored targets like terminators and Monstrous Creatures . Once these threats are dealt with, they shoot at MEQs, then finally meat grinder troops.
    The 2 bomber Marauders attack the larger infantry squads. Half payload if the area has 10-15 models, and a full payload if the area has 20+ models. The hellstorm Marauder goes after MEQs primarily. If any flyer is targeted by a Long Range Ack-Ack, they will disengage.

Infantry hide and shoot at anything that gets near them, then uses Strategic Redeployment to take objectives in the final turn.

The end goal is to take the objectives from the opponent, and leave the 3 of mine unattended.
    Get voting, hope the best list wins!

Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Is Hasad's list legal? I was under the impression that Conscript units were capped at 50.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    Is Hasad's list legal? I was under the impression that Conscript units were capped at 50.

-AFG//
    Yes, if you look above at the list its 2 squads of 50 and a squad of 30, not one squad of 130.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Well, it looks like he only has 2 tanks that can actually shoot at my fleet. I wonder how long they would last =P Those would be first target, followed by the vultures, and finally the basilisks (the only things able to indirectly fire into the cover of my hiding conscripts). From then on it would be a matter of picking off your tanks 1 by 1 from a distance. Your ordnance can't hit me, and all your weapons lose range. I feel bad that you didn't give all your tanks some HK missiles or pintle mounted weapons, that would have swung the battle heavily in your favor.

Too bad you don't have infantry. All those bombs seemed to go to waste =/. I guess it's just target practice for all of my lascannons and autocannons.

Strategem is Strategic Redeployment, so I move all the infantry on uncontested (or easily take-able) on the last turn.

Huzzah, 4am strategy
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

I debated for awhile between running an eldar list that would look like this. Well, oops.
    Well then. Tactics aren't going to matter too much. I'm very likely going to get absolutely steamrolled. I'll let everyone else vote though.
    It's all down to whether you can kill every one of my tanks with your aircraft. If you can't, then you won't be able to claim objectives, because I think I have enough ordinance to kill bunches of your conscripts at a time. My tactics will be to run my tanks flat out forwards and hope I can draw line of sight on your ground units. Once I do, they'll be tightly packed in cover, and perfect for large blast templates. Consider this a last ditch hope. Somehow, though, I think you can kill off twenty tanks in six turns.
    EDIT: I was under the impression that we were choosing stratagems on a match-by-match basis. Was I completely incorrect?
    Last edited by Mongooseo; August 28th, 2008 at 16:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

260 (x6)

No you were right about strategems, I just chose mine in advance in case I wouldn't be around to post my tactics.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Well, consider long range Ack-Ack as mine then. Vs. anyone else, it would probably be ambush. *shrug*
    Where are the voters? I know you people have been online today.
    EDIT: also waiting for tactics from everyone else.
    Last edited by Mongooseo; August 28th, 2008 at 21:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

260 (x6)

For those who are voting but don't have access to the apoc book, long range ack-ack only targets one flyer, which is forced to disengage or suffer 3 strong hits. That's only 1 flyer though.

So um.. are we the only ones voting, but not for our own match? I'll start voting for other matches once everyone else posts up their tactics and stratagems.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Hasad will be able to mow down the flak-toting tanks pretty promptly. From there, poor Mongooseo will have no way to stop those planes strafing them.

The one concern I have is how much those Conscripts will get shot at. But 130 isn't easy to kill, even if you have 30 large blasts.

Besides, the planes can just sit still Turn 6 and take objectives.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

what, are airplanes immune to basilisk shells?

ill go with jaffy but i think itd be alot closer than people give credit, as the vultures can claim objectives while most of jaffies planes cant.
    VASSAL record:
    too many, gave up counting. rough estimates of 10% even steven, 25% omg i lostorz! and 65% PWNED NEWBS! ^^

<Tossy> Crons are freaking invincible!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast