Apocalyptic Battle Final: no1cafc vs svalene - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Apocalyptic Battle Final: no1cafc vs svalene

no1cafc's List

3x Falcon (Cloudstrike Squadron)
    -Starcannon
    -Shuriken cannon upgrade
    -Vectored engines
    -Holo-fields
    -Spirit stones

4x Falcon (Cloudstrike Squadron)
    -Starcannon
    -Shuriken cannon upgrade
    -Vectored engines
    -Holo-fields
    -Spirit stones

4x Falcon (Cloudstrike Squadron)
    -Starcannon
    -Shuriken cannon upgrade
    -Vectored engines
    -Holo-fields
    -Spirit stones

7x Fire Prism
    -Shuriken cannon upgrade
    -Vectored engines
    -Holo-fields
    -Spirit stones

4000pts

Tactics
    Fly around and shoot stuff, hide when necessary. Use Flank March to get where I need to be fast.

Svalene's List

HQ :

Shas’el w/ Plasma rifle, Missile Pod , Targetting Array, Hardwired Multitracker

Shas’el w/ Plasma rifle, Missile Pod , Targetting Array, Hardwired Multitracker

Shas’el w/ Plasma rifle, Fusion Blaster , Targetting Array, Hardwired Multitracker

Shas’el w/ Plasma rifle, Fusion Blaster, Targetting Array, Hardwired Multitracker

Elite:

Crisis Squad: 1 crisis w/ Twinlinked missile pods, Targetting Array

Crisis Squad: 1 crisis w/ Twinlinked Fusion Blasters, Targetting Array

Crisis Squad: 1 crisis w/ Twinlinked Fusion Blasters, Targetting Array

Crisis Squad: 1 crisis Teamleader w/ Missile pod, Plasma Rifle, Targetting Array, Hardwired Multitracker

Crisis Squad: 1 crisis Teamleader w/ Missile pod, Plasma Rifle, Targetting Array, Hardwired Multitracker

Stealth Squad: 3 Stealth suits

Troops:

Fire warrior Squad: 12 fire warriors inside devilfish w/ Decoy launchers,multitracker,targeting array,SMS

Fire warrior Squad: 12 fire warriors inside devilfish w/ Decoy launchers,multitracker,targeting array,SMS

Kroot squad: 10 kroot carnivores

Heavy support:

Hammerhead Gunship: Hammerhead w/ Railgun,Burst Cannons, Decoy Launchers, Multitracker

Hammerhead Gunship: Hammerhead w/ Railgun,Burst Cannons, Decoy Launchers, Multitracker

Broadside Squad: 1 Broadside w/ Advanced Stabilization System

Total: 3997 points

The Plan is to deploy the crisis behind cover, as well as all the tanks (as much as possible) and infiltrate the kroot into cover, preferably close to the objectives. The stealth squads will infiltrate behind the kroot squads to provide supporting fire.I will keep the 2 twinlinked Fusion Blaster suits in deepstrike to deepstrike in the rear armour of enemy vehicles ( indirect fire vehicles if there are any). Once the game starts the kroots and Stealth will fire at the enemy infantry, weakening before the main guns come in action. The broadsides will move slowly, using their ASS to get line of sight towards vehicle, but not exposing them to too much return fire. The Hammerheads will drop pie plates on the enemy infantry, or fire at vehicles in certain situations. The missile pods crisis will remain pretty far back,using their assault move to remain hidden while firing at lighr vehicles. The rest of the Crisis and the Commanders will move forward (but not close enough to be in danger), firing their weapons on infantry or light vehicles. The plan is to have the Kroots and stealth hold the objectives long enough and weaken the enemy army enough for the crisis and Fire warrior squads to drive the enemy back.
    Get voting guys!

Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

The one thing preventing me voting for sval right now is the fact that I'm not sure she can pop all the Prisms.

But, if they go, then cafc will have very little that can actually do enough to keep her from winning.

The question is: can the Fire Prisms be realistically shot out of the sky before they can inflict serious damage to the Tau lines?

I would have to call no. 6 Railguns and several Plasma Rifles will have too much of a hard time killing tanks from glancing hits while rolling two dice and picking the lowest.

It could well pan out slightly differently to the above prediction, I think the first turn is huge here (ie, game winning), so I'm going to call Vote Withheld until I see some other votes.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Can somebody explain to me what cloud strike does? (I know nothing about apocalypse)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by gauss_storm View Post
    Can somebody explain to me what cloud strike does? (I know nothing about apocalypse)
    I believe it gives them the option of turning into flyers.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    I believe it gives them the option of turning into flyers.

-AFG//
    Ah well I guess I'll have to stop asking questions then. Cause I also know nothing about flyers. : P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

Think of them as extraordinarily quick and next to impossible to shoot down, but unable to take objectives.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    The question is: can the Fire Prisms be realistically shot out of the sky before they can inflict serious damage to the Tau lines?

I would have to call no. 6 Railguns and several Plasma Rifles will have too much of a hard time killing tanks from glancing hits while rolling two dice and picking the lowest.
    You forgot to take into account the scores of Missile Pods (Range 36, Strength 7 and Assault 2, great for killing AV 12 and under).

I will cast my vote to the Tau. Eleven Railguns and eleven Missile Pods will do alot of damage before they can be removed (with amazing hit rates for all) especially as each shot by the Eldar skimmers only has the potential to remove ONE of these weapons.

I envision that the battle between the Tau's anti tank weapon and the Eldar's skimmer horde will be won by the Eldar. But, by this time 100 kroot will be sitting on the objectives with none of the Fire Prisms left to kill them (assuming the Tau priorities them as first targets) so the Tau will win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by gauss_storm View Post
    Cloud strike gives them the option to turn into flyers and give their pulse laser the lance ability. So they can choose to not fly, act normally and claim objectives, say on the last turn or something.

The tactics for this will be pretty boring due to the resilient nature of the falcon, now unless I'm mistaken in apoc if an objective is contested it goes to the higher point holder so unless sval can kill a lot of my falcons I should have a lot of holding power as even a weaponless falcon is a chunk of objective holding power that can move 24". The kroot seem to be a problem though I don't need to kill them all just enough for them to not be able to claim objectives, I think a few dispersed fire prism's will whittle them down rather well. That as well as the sunstorm ability if they happen to be deployed together or near anything else valuable(That includes all those xv8's as well).

My army has 18 hard to take out of action objective holders of which each one will statistically need a lot of firepower thrown at them to kill, so as svals shots come at me they are more likely to simply remove a weapon or stop it from shooting (In which case it will hide for a turn) neither of which will stop me from claiming objectives and keeping a large amount of my armies points. Svals army has lots of small units so my shots which are very capable of killing things in her army will be lowering her points and objective holding power faster than she will be doing to me (Unless she gets some lucky one shot kills).

So the way I see it is my list has more staying power and muscle for when it comes to claiming objectives as those falcons wont be in the air forever, which should win me the game and VW.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my vote has to go to the Tau/Svalene, for a couple of reasons.

1) The tau has the guns to take out the flyers, I mean seriously that many railguns should be illegal, especially for Apocolypes (kidding ). While on the other hand, the fire Prisms are the only things that can take down the heavy weapons.

2) No1cafe has no scoring units (none good anyways) while Sva has one...two...three.... too many to count . The Prisms are ok for scoring but I can see them as big targets for Svalene.

3) No1cafe has a crapload of 1 man targets to fire at, while Sva has 4 big unit targets to fire at. Of course, the one man unit one of the Cloudstrike units fire at is screwed , but there's many more where that came from.

4) The tau has amazing abilites to fire at great lengths and rates, not good for small, powerful units.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG
    You'd be surprised to see how easy it is to do that actually, it bothers me each time my pals take out my holofielded tanks after a single glanced shot (and after so many saved penetrating shots too....)

>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Nathan View Post
    my vote has to go to the Tau/Svalene, for a couple of reasons.

2) No1cafe has no scoring units (none good anyways) while Sva has one...two...three.... too many to count . The Prisms are ok for scoring but I can see them as big targets for Svalene.

3) No1cafe has a crapload of 1 man targets to fire at, while Sva has 4 big unit targets to fire at. Of course, the one man unit one of the Cloudstrike units fire at is screwed , but there's many more where that came from.
    This is where you are wrong I have 18 scoring units and 18 units that sval has to fire at, these datasheets don't work as units exactly they can split up as they wish and move close together to gain the benefits of the datasheet and each tank is a separate unit in a formation so each one has to be shot at separately. You may want to look at my army as 18 tanks, 4 of which are command tanks and they have the option to form together to gain some benefits, as that is how it is most effective and how it was planned to be used. As you have pointed out 4 big targets is easier to go against than 18 smaller ones.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. September 15th, 2008, 08:38