codex votewar- chaos marines vs demons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

codex votewar- chaos marines vs demons

The chaos demon list:

HQ:
    Epidemius-110

Ku'Gath-300

Troops:
    Plaguebearer x20-instrument-Icon-335
    Plaguebearer x10-instrument-Icon-180
    Plaguebearer x10-150

Nurglings x6-78
    Nurglings x6-78
    Nurglings x6-78

Elites:
    Beast of Nurgle-35
    Beast of Nurgle-35
    Beast of Nurgle-35

Heavy Support:
    Demon Prince-Ironhide-MoN-AoD-BoC-CoF-195

Would split them:
    Epidemius/Ku'Gath/20 pb unit/3 demon princes/10 PB
    10 Unit/BoN/BoN/BoN/Nurglings/Nurglings/Nurglings

This army relies on you getting your 1st wave of your choice, so it is balanced using the Beasts of nurgle as 1 unit to put a larger unit in 1st wave. You need Epidemius and lots of heavy hitters out first. The 20 man unit of plaguebearers is to hide epidemius in. Ku'gath and the demon princes are out first and close to rack up the tally. The plaguebearers are for holding objectives. The nurglings are used to tie down some of the opponents faster heavy hitters in combat til you get the tally up. Once you get the noxious touch, the nurglings and beasts of nurgle become killing machines. By the time any of your opponents main force makes it to your plaguebearers you should be topped out on the tally and plaguebears will be mopping up with the rest of your units.

And the chaos marine list:

HQ:
    Daemon Prince

Wings
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Lash of Submission
    155 Points

Daemon Prince
    Wings
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Lash of Submission
    155 Points

Elites:
    4 Terminators

3 Combi Plasmas
    1 Powerfist
    1 Heavy Flamer
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    160 Points

4 Terminators

3 Combi Plasmas
    1 Powerfist
    1 Heavy Flamer
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    160 Points

Troops:

10 Chaos Marines
    2x Melta Gun
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Aspiring Champion
    -Powerfist
    Rhino
    -Extra Armour
    270 Points

10 Chaos Marines
    2x Melta Gun
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Aspiring Champion
    -Powerfist
    Rhino
    -Extra Armour
    270 Points

10 Chaos Marines
    2x Melta Gun
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Aspiring Champion
    -Powerfist
    Rhino
    -Extra Armour
    270 Points

10 Chaos Marines
    2x Melta Gun
    Icon of Chaos Glory
    Aspiring Champion
    -Powerfist
    Rhino
    -Extra Armour
    270 Points

Heavy Support:
    Predator
    Lascannon Sponsons
    Extra Armour
    145 Points

Predator
    Lascannon Sponsons
    Extra Armour
    145 Points

The rough tactics are as so (Courtesy of Danjones87):
    I guess this forces would work well as some kind of armoured charge. Four rhinos in a line, charge forwards with the princes behind and the predators static firing away.
    Once the formation hits the enemy lines you would use the princes to pull enemy units into rapid fire range and block other enemy units paths with rhinos, concentrating on a few units a turn to remove them from the game.
    Once you have lightened the enemies model count, you charge in and bash there heads in with your powerfists and daemon princes.

mission:annihilation
    deployment: pitched battle
    Get voting people, please cast your vote in bold

Last edited by avatar of khaine; October 6th, 2008 at 18:07.
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

That is a nasty CD force. But if the wrong half comes out first, then they're in trouble.

Too much riding on something you could decide by flipping a 50c coin for me to confidently vote CDs. Even if the right half does show up, there is a fair bit of shooting that they won't like too much.

On top of that, the Nurglate infestations may not even be able to kill off Marines in time. Chaos take the win.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

The CSM are going to have complete control of the board on this one. Even if the Demons get a good demonic assault, the dual lashes will keep them from ever getting a combat in on their own terms, which is particular devastating considering their lack of shooting. Also, the CSM have plenty weapons that deny FNP, and the CSM will be on quite a roll before Epidemius's abilities ever kick in...

CSM,
    Last edited by psichotykwyrm; October 8th, 2008 at 15:47.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    That is a nasty CD force. But if the wrong half comes out first, then they're in trouble.

Too much riding on something you could decide by flipping a 50c coin for me to confidently vote CDs. Even if the right half does show up, there is a fair bit of shooting that they won't like too much.

On top of that, the Nurglate infestations may not even be able to kill off Marines in time. Chaos take the win.

-AFG//
    Just for future refrence its not a 50/50 chance so stop posting this. As far as KPs both sides are equal and I think the demons will have an easier time racking them up then the marines will. Those terminator squads are a very juicy kill point with BoC and MC attacks. Once CC begins it will all be over for the marines. 2 MCs and 4 powerfists will not be enough for 4 MCs and after a squad and half of normal marines are dead no precious power armor and terminator armor save. Please reference

Breath of Chaos:
    Necrotic missle:
    and the tallymans tally:
    Last edited by Tyrius; October 8th, 2008 at 04:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Not a 50/50 chance, it's on a 3+.

The Daemons are all really tough and can shrug off most of the fire and attacks the marine will bring. Breath of Chaos, Ku'Gath's pie plate, and the DPs in combat will rack up the Tally quick.

It's still fairly close, CSM have the mobility and armor that drives Daemons nuts but I don't think they can get enough kills.

***Changed, see below***
    Last edited by ==Me==; October 8th, 2008 at 19:29.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrius View Post
    Just for future refrence its not a 50/50 chance so stop posting this. As far as KPs both sides are equal and I think the demons will have an easier time racking them up then the marines will. Those terminator squads are a very juicy kill point with BoC and MC attacks. Once CC begins it will all be over for the marines. 2 MCs and 4 powerfists will not be enough for 4 MCs and after a squad and half of normal marines are dead no precious power armor and terminator armor save. Please reference

Breath of Chaos:
    Necrotic missle:
    and the tallymans tally:
    Again, I will apologize for misreading the Demon rules. Sadly, I will not be changing my vote, although I think it will be quite close. Incredibly close, in fact. I'll stick with my initial call for the greater degree of certainty and maneuverability, not to mention the ability to manuever the enemy.

(No matter how powerful they are, I'd still call a handful of templates and one 24" big blast a "lack of shooting"...)
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    Not a 50/50 chance, it's on a 3+.

The Daemons are all really tough and can shrug off most of the fire and attacks the marine will bring. Breath of Chaos, Ku'Gath's pie plate, and the DPs in combat will rack up the Tally quick.

It's still fairly close, CSM have the mobility and armor that drives Daemons nuts but I don't think they can get enough kills.

I'd say Daemons win on objectives, but it'll be close.
    just for reference, the mission rolled was annihilation.

If anyone is interested, these will run until sunday
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Wow, this is a very close game.

The CSM princes will probably just run the entire game and Lash daemons outside of charging range. The rest of the army will probably just sit inside of the Rhinos until they can shoot something. If they don't destroy their target, they are probably going to get assaulted the next round. That CSM unit will be tied up until something bigger can get into combat with it. Since this is a shooty army & there are no objectives to hold, they will be moving 6" & shooting a lot, but that won't be fast enough to escape units deep striking a few inches away.

4 Breaths of Chaos is going to wreck a few vehicles, and that will tie up any units that disembark assuming the vehicle moved. That also means that the pinned unit is going to be assaulted the next turn (most likely). Even S&P can reach a pinned unit.

I'm going to vote Daemons on this one because the Lashes won't be able to keep everything out of combat and any of the units that get into combat will be crushed (assuming the tally racks up somewhat quickly).
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

Daemons wtfpwnbbq all t3h n00bs, go Chaos Daemons
    Last edited by ==Me==; October 10th, 2008 at 01:24. Reason: lol votewar
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have played a similar daemon list against a similar CSM list. I ended up winning and the whole time I was thinking "thank God he's not playing Plague Marines." I'll have to give this to daemons based on my own experience but if the CSM player had Plague Marines then I'd give it to him because once Epidemius's tally gets up, they become supermen.

Chaos Daemons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast