Votewar Results - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Votewar Results

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Votewar Results

Orks Vs Chaos marines-
    Orks 5, Chaos marines 3

Chaos Marines Vs Chaos Demons-
    Chaos marines 2, Chaos demons 4

Chaos demons Vs Orks-
    Chaos demons 3 , orks 6

The positioning

in third place, with no wins and 5 votes, chaos marines
    in second place, with one win and 7 votes, chaos demons

... Which means that this votewar's winner, with two victories and 11 votes, are the mighty orks!

Let's hear a round of applause and some gloating from the victors!

Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe play a good Tzeentch/Slaanesh daemon list and you'll hear "Waaaaah!" instead of "Waaagh!" Seriously though, I found both the Chaos Space Marine list and the daemon list to be subpar. I play both armies and Orks are one of the easiest matchups for me in both occassions. Get some real Chaos Warlords out there next time!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

well, Cobly, I didn't see you offering ANY critique to the Chaos Space Marines list, so where do YOU stand to make a comment? the thing to remember is, whilst my list WAS anti tank heavy, I didn't expect that I would be put against two very tank light armies. I made my army as a general 'jack of all trades', not just to be able to destroy horde armies.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Tis true i suppose, bad luck on the CSM to draw two troop heavy lists.
    Oh and WAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

I still disagree, I have epidemius would roll a maxed out boyz list, but as votewars is more like Highschool Election wars. The epidemius list is made for Tournament play as it should be able to at a minimum get a draw. For it to lose would take some really unlucky rolling. I play 2 demon lists and this one is by far the most competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Riptor View Post
    well, Cobly, I didn't see you offering ANY critique to the Chaos Space Marines list, so where do YOU stand to make a comment? the thing to remember is, whilst my list WAS anti tank heavy, I didn't expect that I would be put against two very tank light armies. I made my army as a general 'jack of all trades', not just to be able to destroy horde armies.
    Fair enough. I offered alot of critique on the Daemon list, especially vs Orks, so here's some for your CSM list.

First off, Daemon Princes are fine but I prefer Sorcerers because I can hide them in units. Nothing wrong with either choice, that's just a personal preference.

As far as your weapon choices go in your CSM squads, this is where we differ the most. I personally would have gone with a Flamer in each squad to line up units with one Lash and then push them back with the other. An anti-vehicle choice such as the Melta or Lascannon would have been fine for the 2nd special weapon or another flamer. No need to make all of these units the exact same though. I also like to throw an Aspiring Champion with a Power Fist in at least a couple of squads. Even a meltabomb instead of the fist would be better than nothing in case you run across some Dreadnoughts, Defilers, Penitnant Engines, etc... just Walkers in general who can mow through a squad of normal Marines. I do like the use of the Icon of Chaos Glory. I'm with you there, for the cost its the best imo.

I've also found myself using different troops choices at times. I like running a 4 Berserker squad with Rhinos style army and dropping a Greater Daemon into the mix. I also run an army with 3 squads of Plague Marines at times. I've recently started using Thousand Sons and I'm very happy with them so far but then again I've been playing against Marines and Necrons alot lately. I could see how they would be less effective against Orks and Daemons though. Overall if I'm going with one of these choices, I tend to stick with Plague Marines since they are more multi-purpose with their various weapon choices. A flamer and Melta is usually what I choose for them.

Elites, I've often run a squad of Terminators myself but I'm not so sure about running 8 of them. If you go the Sorcerer route, a squad of 5 Terminators is a great place to hide him with his own suit of Terminator armor. The Heavy Flamer is a good choice. If I have a Lash Sorcerer in the squad I definately go this route. If not I tend to use the Reaper Autocannon.

I like Predators but lately I've found myself using either Defilers or Obliterators. The reason is because I like templates in my Heavy choices. Battlecannons are fun and so are Plasma Cannons... that don't frenzy on you. If I want Lascannons I tend to throw a couple into my CSM squads instead. Another heavy choice I like to use if I'm going with a heavy infantry army is a squad of Havocs with 4 missile launchers or heavy bolters if you have plenty of anti-armor elsewhere. Missiles are often overlooked but they offer a good small blast or anti-armor attack. 4 of them firing in tandem is dangerous but that usually draws alot of fire from your opponent which CAN be a good thing if that is what you're going for... on that note...

I like to use the Summoned Greater Daemon. Throw a stripped down Aspiring Champ in one of your squads and for a low price you get a monstrous creature that screams "Shoot me! I'm big! I can cleave a tank in two!" For its cost, this thing could make up its points as soon as it comes into play. The lesser daemons... I'm not to keen on. The only reason I ever take them is to have extra troops. According to the entry, they count as troops which means they can take objectives. If you have spare points, why not?

I've never liked the CSM fast attack choices that much. Then again I've never tried bikes in this army (just never interested me) so I can't say much here.

Anyhow, I hope this helps you make a more rounded army. Good luck and give 'em hell next time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrius View Post
    I still disagree, I have epidemius would roll a maxed out boyz list, but as votewars is more like Highschool Election wars. The epidemius list is made for Tournament play as it should be able to at a minimum get a draw. For it to lose would take some really unlucky rolling. I play 2 demon lists and this one is by far the most competitive.
    I'd like to know how you beat a Green Tide army with an Epidemius list. I just can't do it. I have to break out my Tzeentch/Slaanesh list to beat them. Seriously, Daemons are my weaker army and I'd like to see my Nurgle army win but I need some advice on how to beat the Tide. That low initiative and low number of attacks kills me everytime though. Losing combat too much will even bring the mighty Nurgle army down.
    Last edited by cobly; October 15th, 2008 at 03:37.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by cobly View Post
    Fair enough. I offered alot of critique on the Daemon list, especially vs Orks, so here's some for your CSM list.

First off, Daemon Princes are fine but I prefer Sorcerers because I can hide them in units. Nothing wrong with either choice, that's just a personal preference.

As far as your weapon choices go in your CSM squads, this is where we differ the most. I personally would have gone with a Flamer in each squad to line up units with one Lash and then push them back with the other. An anti-vehicle choice such as the Melta or Lascannon would have been fine for the 2nd special weapon or another flamer. No need to make all of these units the exact same though. I also like to throw an Aspiring Champion with a Power Fist in at least a couple of squads. Even a meltabomb instead of the fist would be better than nothing in case you run across some Dreadnoughts, Defilers, Penitnant Engines, etc... just Walkers in general who can mow through a squad of normal Marines. I do like the use of the Icon of Chaos Glory. I'm with you there, for the cost its the best imo.

I've also found myself using different troops choices at times. I like running a 4 Berserker squad with Rhinos style army and dropping a Greater Daemon into the mix. I also run an army with 3 squads of Plague Marines at times. I've recently started using Thousand Sons and I'm very happy with them so far but then again I've been playing against Marines and Necrons alot lately. I could see how they would be less effective against Orks and Daemons though. Overall if I'm going with one of these choices, I tend to stick with Plague Marines since they are more multi-purpose with their various weapon choices. A flamer and Melta is usually what I choose for them.

Elites, I've often run a squad of Terminators myself but I'm not so sure about running 8 of them. If you go the Sorcerer route, a squad of 5 Terminators is a great place to hide him with his own suit of Terminator armor. The Heavy Flamer is a good choice. If I have a Lash Sorcerer in the squad I definately go this route. If not I tend to use the Reaper Autocannon.

I like Predators but lately I've found myself using either Defilers or Obliterators. The reason is because I like templates in my Heavy choices. Battlecannons are fun and so are Plasma Cannons... that don't frenzy on you. If I want Lascannons I tend to throw a couple into my CSM squads instead. Another heavy choice I like to use if I'm going with a heavy infantry army is a squad of Havocs with 4 missile launchers or heavy bolters if you have plenty of anti-armor elsewhere. Missiles are often overlooked but they offer a good small blast or anti-armor attack. 4 of them firing in tandem is dangerous but that usually draws alot of fire from your opponent which CAN be a good thing if that is what you're going for... on that note...

I like to use the Summoned Greater Daemon. Throw a stripped down Aspiring Champ in one of your squads and for a low price you get a monstrous creature that screams "Shoot me! I'm big! I can cleave a tank in two!" For its cost, this thing could make up its points as soon as it comes into play. The lesser daemons... I'm not to keen on. The only reason I ever take them is to have extra troops. According to the entry, they count as troops which means they can take objectives. If you have spare points, why not?

I've never liked the CSM fast attack choices that much. Then again I've never tried bikes in this army (just never interested me) so I can't say much here.

Anyhow, I hope this helps you make a more rounded army. Good luck and give 'em hell next time!
    Thank you for your critque, I shall offer my counter-arguments.

The sorcerors was actually what I originally took, hiding them in a squad of raptors, but when I dropped the raptors in preference of other units, the sorcerors had to go too.

With the CSM squads, I find dual weapons always work WAY better than one melta and one flamers. The reaon I took the meltas is that generally they can deal with tanks, and I find that generally anything that dies to flamers easily also can be taken down by the bolters in the squad (With the exception of units in cover).
    I took 4 identical squads as I believe that it means that the oppoinent does not have an easy choice on which to destroy, whereas 2 melta, 2 flamer ones mean that horde armies will kill the flamers first, and thus the end up near useless. I DID have an aspiring champion with powerfist in each squad, so I don't see why you commented on not having them.

Terminators, the 'karmoon special' squad I put forward is easily the favourite of LOs chaos marine community, its cheap, effective, and soaks up alot of fire. I ran two such squads, as then their combined fire of the heavy flamers, along with a lash prince, can wipe anything thats not MeQ or better out quickly. The combi plasmas give them the option to tear apart terminators and the like aswell. Unfortunately, with their ability to land right next to an opponent (Via good icon placement) the Heavy Flamers totally outclasses the reaper autocannon against anything thats not got an armour value, or is not a single model.

I too love obliterators, but it was pointed out to me that, with only 4 rhinos, the list needed a little more armour values. Thus I made the switch from 4 obliterators to 2 predators (I got the extra points by dropping the raptor squad, and making the sorceror a Daempon Prince, then adding the second Daemon Prince).

Fast attack just did not seem neccisary in this list, now that bikers cannot hold objectives my love for them has faded.

And as to the greater daemon, its alright, but I generally find you have to take a whole squad (usually bikes or raptors) just to csummon him, so it ends up eating alot of points, and I do not think that it was worth taking in this list.

Again, I thank you for your critique, but my list was a making of the chaos community, and not just myself.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos list.

The most effective list for Chaos I have seen and used is the "Abomination" list (name by the guy who developed it in play testing of the codex) two lash winged demons/sorcerers in squads, two Defilers, one Vindicator, four squads in rhinos with 2 meltas and a power fist. list in its entirety plays very well at 1600 upwards

+ Reply to Thread