IMVWR1G10 Wazdakka's Galaxy-wide Waaagh! VS MMMMMM - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

IMVWR1G10 Wazdakka's Galaxy-wide Waaagh! VS MMMMMM

Mission, Capture and Control.
    Deployment, Pitched Battle.

MMMMMM deploys first, Wazdakka's Galaxy-wide Waaagh! successfully sieze!

Army Name: Wazdakka's Galaxy-wide Waaagh!

1500 Points:

HQ:

Wazdakka Gutsmek (goes with Warbikes) - 180pts

Warboss (goes with Warbikes) - 140pts
    - Warbike
    - Power Klaw
    - Attack Squig

Troops:

Slugga Boyz x12 - 157pts
    - Nob (Power Klaw and Bosspole)
    - Trukk (Red Paint Job, Reinforced Ram)

Slugga Boyz x12 - 157pts

Slugga Boyz x12 - 157pts

Warbikes x6 - 190pts

Warbikes x6 - 190pts

Warbikes x6 - 190pts

Fast Attack:

Deffkoptas x3 - 135pts
    - Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha x3

Total: 1496pts

Tactics: Standard bike centered Kult of Speed tactica. This list will either win big quickly, or be wiped out totally. Hopefully the former more often than the latter.

Bikes and Trukks will rush up to deliver quick deadly Power Klaws right into the heart of the enemy and into far objectives, using cover saves and Trukks to stay safe and help to guarentee a charge.

Against infantry, Dakkaguns and buckets of attacks from Boyz should lay them down quite quickly. Heavy Infantry should be cut to ribbons be the amount of fast Klaws that will be on the table. Tanks will be hurt by the Deffkoptas (fast delivery of Rokkits) and the amount of Klaws that can slam into back armor. Even Wazdakka's Dakkakannons can hurt vehicles.

Objectives can be sat on by Boyz squads, and turbo-boosted back to by the bike squads (made Troops by Wazdakka), even in capture and control missions (characteristically hard for Orks) should be easy due to the amount of speed that is brought to the game.

Spread out and tough targets will make priority tough to determine for the opponent, so each shot that goes into one target is one that another equally tough target is safe from.

Most units in this list can take all comers and take shots from most anything, so whatever it comes up against should fall just as easily.
    MMMMMM

(The Many Mechanized Men of a Murky Mordian Moon)

HQ
    Command Squad – Bolter, 4 flamers (64)
    Chimera (93)

Troops
    5 Storm Troopers, 2 meltaguns (70)
    Chimera (93)
    Chimera (93)
    Chimera (93)
    Chimera (93)

Fast Attack
    Hellhound – extra armour, smoke launchers (123)
    Hellhound – extra armour, smoke launchers (123)

Heavy support
    Leman Russ (145)
    Leman Russ (145)
    Demolisher (155)

Total Points=1500

Note, each chimera has: Multi-laser, heavy bolter, extra armour, smoke launchers.
    Also, Grenadiers doctrine and several Inquisitorial Storm Troopers are taken.

Overall Strategy
    -Have more tanks (3 AV14 and 8 AV12) then enemy anti tank weapons
    -Kill enemy anti tank weapons with MY weapons
    -Hide my squishy infantry unless needed to fight away assaulters or charge for an objective late game

More in-depth strategy
    Sit back on my side of the board and shoot. 2 Inferno cannons, 10 heavy bolter/multi-lasers, 2 battle cannons and a demolisher cannon is fairly respectable. If the enemy have out flankers then deployment will be in the central with chimerae the nearest to my flanks. If the enemy are charging me, a unit of Storm Troopers will be sacrificed for each enemy transport, otherwise focused fire should be sufficient to show off the assault. If the enemy plan is to shoot me, shoot back at anti tank units and send forward Strom Troopers to go for tanks. Demolisher will aim at any Nob Bikerz present if against Orks.

PM me with any questions or amendments.

Get voting!

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Since the orks have first turn I have to vote for them Just the amount of fast power klaws should level those tanks very quickly. On turn 2 the ork player should have about 5-6 power klaws slamming into the tanks (I count that a few nobs/trucks will be destroyed and that he will take the bosses out of his bike squads to charge multiple vehicles or charge multiple vehicles that are close to eachother). With that many tanks destroyed or crippled, the ones that are being the ruses and hellhounds the guard will have a hard time winning.

My breakdown of the chances are
    Orks get turn 1 Orks have 55-60% chance of winning
    Guard get turn 1 Guard have 75-80% chance of winning

Orks lucked out with seizing initiative and that's why they get my vote.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

While I'm not committed to a vote just yet, since the Orks will be going first, I think they have a lot going in their favor. While, the Guard player is going to be able to put sizable dents, the bikers will (hopefully) have a 3+ Turbo boost to help protect them. [Admittedly though, a lucky Hellhound shot could do some serious damage] But since the guardsmen have such low numbers, I think it'll be easy to keep them from scoring. The trick then would be to make sure the Ork units live long enough to do so. Honestly, with Orks going first, I could see a draw, or a very close game.

I'll wait for some more opinions and thoughts, but for now I'm leaning Orks (no official vote yet).
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

A Vespertine Viper's Nest Of Sublime Wickedness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

I'm also going to say orks, as a 3+ cover is a pain to get rid of. 3 units of bikers in among those tanks at the start of turn 2 can easily cause a lot of damage, and hell, wazzdakka MIGHT be able to shoot something up on turn 1, as can deffkoptas.
    Guardian of DMC's mighty pink thong.

Free Cookies Inside!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

The Murky Mordians have my vote.

Despite losing first turn, as long as the Guard can smartly divide their firepower, they can cripple this Speed Kult. There is no danger of a first turn assault if they set up a little behind the 12" line.. so as long as the Heavy Bolters hit the Bikes as hard as possible, and the Trukks all die, it's a wrap. Killing the characters would be difficult, but it only takes one good round of shooting with all those Meltaguns to take care of them.
    2H - LEGIO HYDRA

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I have a feeling many of these battles are going to be very close calls...

With first turn, the Orks do have a bit of an advantage here due to that turbo boosting. However, I would not rule out a smart Imperial Guard player here; the main killers of their list are the Leman Russ tanks and the Hellhounds. However, they've got a good number of cheaper (and more sacrificial) Chimeras; with a careful deployment utilizing cover and the Chimeras to defend the main damage dealers of the list, I feel like it's possible to minimize the damage that the Orks will do second turn at the expense of a couple Chimeras.

On the flip side, the bikers won't stand long at all against one Hellhound, much less two, and the Chimeras/Storm Troopers have the ability to easily down Trukks left and right.

With the correct deployment (which isn't difficult to do with so many Chimeras!) I feel like the Imperial Guard player could take this battle. Those Hellhounds and large blast templates from the Leman Russes are going to be the MVPs of the match, I can tell you that much.

I'm going to go with the IG for this one, though it by no means will be an easy victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the orks will put up a good fight,but ig will take the day,but only if they can get a good first turns worth of shooting in.
    for the emperor,for the great maw,blood for the blood god,
    armies:guard,ogres,40k daemons,skaven
    for the horned rat!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

When I see a friend of mine with the IG codex I'll do some research, but it looks like the Hellhounds are going to save the day (at least in my eyes) for the IG player.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

I also believe that the Hellhounds will make a difference against the warbikes. While it will by no means be easy, some slick target selection plus all the templates, especially Hellhounds, will give IG the edge.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Voting Closed.

Look out for the round one update and please vote in the following rounds!

Kinrd Regards

Dan

Closed Thread