IMVWR2G6 Crimson Fists 5th Company VS Sons of Simon Magus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

IMVWR2G6 Crimson Fists 5th Company VS Sons of Simon Magus

Mission, Annihilation.
    Deployment, Dawn of War.

Crimson Fists 5th Company deploy first. Sons of Simon Magus fail to sieze.

Crimson Fists 5th Company

Captain
    power weapon, digital weapons, jump pack

10 Sternguard
    3x combi-melta, heavy flamer, power fist, drop pod

10 Tactical Maries
    melta gun, multi-melta, power fist, rhino

10 Tactical Marines
    plasma gun, plasma cannon, power sword, rhino

5 Scouts

10 Assault Marines
    power fist

Attack Bike
    multi-melta

Land Speeder
    heavy flamer, multi-melta

Vindicator
    seige shield

total points = 1490

The tacticals are for objectives. The vindi will cover the tacs / objectives while the assault squad + captain counter assaults. Land Speeder and attack bike are fast fire power or objective contesters. Scouts outflank and cause trouble or are a speedbump. Sternguard come down first turn, combat squad, and blow up tanks / shred infantry. They then look scary and draw fire.
    Sons of Simon Magus
    HQ:
    Chaos Lord
    Jump pack, 2xLightning Claws

Troops:
    10 Chaos space marine
    Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Icon of Chaos Glory, 2xMelta, Rhino

10 Chaos space marine
    Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, Icon of Chaos Glory, 2xMelta, Rhino

5 Lesser Demons
    5 Lesser Demons

Fast:
    8 RaptorsAspiring Champion, Powerfist, Icon of Chaos Glory, 2xMelta

Heavy:

Defiler
    2 extra close combat weapons

Defiler
    2 extra close combat weapons

Obliterator x2

Total Points = 1495

The tactic is actually to "hope" I pop the deamons rather quickly, to keep the objects behind me secure, while the rest of the army moves into position to attack and conquer.
    Lord with raptors.

PM me with any questions or amendments.

Get voting!

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Alright, I'm leaning Chaos on this one, though of course I'll await some rebuttle.

On the Space Marine turn one, I imagine that this Rhino's will advance (along with everything else coming on the board) and then the Sternguard dropping in, which, they'll have nothing too essential to kill, though they might choose to hit up a Rhino, I'm guessing he'll want to save the Meltas, so Chaos Rhinos will either make it through the turn, or, if he uses combi-meltas (and combat sqauds like he says, granted, in annihilation he may opt not to) worst case he'll lose three or fours fellas from one Rhino, assuming the Sternguard split and can see. Then the Chaos army comes on the field, and since the Raptors probably have nothing closer to do, they take on the Sternguard, and should destroy them in a turn, or two if it's one big squad. And from this point on, Space Marines have an uphill battle in my eyes. The only "long range" AT I can see for them is the Speeder, and only because it might Deep Strike, we can't know based on his tactics.

One of my main concerns is that the Space Marine has a lot of easily won kill points. The scouts, bike, and land speeder all catch my eye. (Both sides have Rhinos, so I'm ignoring them in a sense). Yes, two small lesser daemon squads could be a danger, but, there's a fair chance they'll nail the charge when they arrive, and a Space Marine unit would need time to kill them, if they even could, giving the Chaos player a great way to tie down tac squads. Though the Chaos PLayer might lose the daemons eventually, they'll do some great things for him I think.

Sorry, got carried away. Awaiting further rebuttle.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Very close game here, both lists can do well against each other. The sternguard having to drop pod turn 1 will be the end of them, either they will be too close to the enemy lines or stuck behind the action.

The range on the defilers battlecannon will be key here. Most of the marine stuff wont be able to shoot on the turn it arrives.

Chaos should just win.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I`m thinking that the sternguard should be able to take a good chunk out of the chaos force when they drop in on turn 1. The attack bike and the vindicator could even do some good damage to the defilers. Then the marines would likely have the upper hand on the chaos force. So i`m voting Loyalist Marines.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

But the drop pod has to come on before potentially any of the chaos stuff deploys.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

2 troops and 1 HQ should be deployed though.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

They don't have to though.

It is a great tactics against daemon armies and drop pod armies.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    2 troops and 1 HQ should be deployed though.
    The Chaos players tactics lead me to assume that he won't deploy the Lord til he can come in with the Raptors. And best case for the SM, the Chaos guy will have two Rhinos out. And this puts the SM player in a rough position, combat squad for damage vs the squad CSM (assuming the Meltas are sucessful, which they ought to be) or will he put them in one big squad so he doesn't lose two kill points? Either way, I wouldn't want to Deep Strike a whole squad alone, in front of a CC army like that. Even with Nightfighting, at such close the range the Defilers might get free shots and clear them off the board.

I think kevin's got a fair point. The Vindi will cause issues, but, not too many if it's worried about those Defilers and not the troops. Hopefully the Oblits will make the Vindicator a priority. Either way, I think the Sons of Simon Magus (Chaos) will take the battlefield this day.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Voting Closed.

Look out for the round two update and please vote in the following rounds!

Kind Regards

Dan

Closed Thread