IMVWR2G10 Smurfs of Death VS Crimson Death - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

IMVWR2G10 Smurfs of Death VS Crimson Death

Mission, Annihilation.
    Deployment, Dawn of War.

Crimson Death deploy first. Smurfs of Death fail tosieze.

Smurfs of Death – Orbital Strike Force

HQ
    Vulkan He’stan
    [190]

Elites
    8 Sternguard Veterans
    4 Combi-Plasmas, 4 Combi-Flamers, Powerfist and Drop Pod
    [300]

Dreadnought
    Multi Melta, Heavy flamer and Drop Pod
    [150]

Dreadnought
    Multi Melta, Heavy flamer and Drop Pod
    [150]

Troops
    10 Tactical Marines
    Multi Melta, Flamer, Powerfist and Drop Pod
    [230]

10 Tactical Marines
    Multi Melta, Flamer, Combi-Melta, Powerfist and Drop Pod
    [240]

10 Tactical Marines
    Missile Launcher, Plasmagun, Powerfist and Drop Pod
    [240]

Total Points = 1500

First off, for those of you not familiar with all Drop Podding armies, I first suggest checking out the tactica, HERE

Anyway, tactics. The 3 units which deploy first will be the ones best suited to eliminating the enemy’s key units. Their combined firepower should devastate 2-3 units on the first turn, and so the opponent’s strongest units, objective holders or transports should hopefully be gone. Then, assuming the opponent’s counter attack is weathered, it’s a case of mopping up the rest.

In objective games, the troop choices will be dropped later in order to ensure their survival and to allow the elites to try and wipe out the opponent’s troops.
    Crimson Death

HQ
    Chapter Master Pedro Kantor
    175 points

Librarian Agrar Dreo
    100 points

Elites
    Sterngaurd Alpha(8 )
    3x combi meltas, Power Weapon, Drop Pod with locator beacon
    285 points

Sterngaurd Beta(10 )
    3x combi meltas, Power Fist, Drop Pod
    295 points

Sterngaurd Gamma(10 )
    3x combi meltas, Power Fist, Drop Pod
    295 points

Troops
    Scouts Alpha
    4x sniper rifles, 1x missile launcher, camo cloaks
    100 points

Scouts Beta
    100 points

Scouts Gamma
    100 points

Total Points = 1500 points

Pedro goes with power weapon sternguard, librarian with a powerfist squad. Scouts infiltrate into cover, onto objectives if possible. Pedro and Libby pods come down first turn. Ten man sternguard squads combat squad in
    anything other than annihilation. Priority will be knocking out armor with combi meltas then using appropriate shells on troops. Libby will take gate and smite / avenger.

PM me with any questions or amendments.

Get voting!

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Right now I'm going with Smurfs of Death. Going second is probably a very good thing for them as they will be able to droppod down after all but 1 of the Crimson death pods are down. Dropping down and targetting the sternguard will cripple/remove the biggest threats to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

two very similar armies, and having played against armies like them, i know this one pretty well.

Now, my legally required anti-smurf comments: oh look, both players have called their lists something death. How original. Oh look, both players have the almost mandatory smurf special character. How original. Fortunately, this will be a close battle, meaning a greater number of smurfs will die.

Now, onto comments:

The subtly named crimson death will be foreced to land around their noncombat scouts or have them assaulted and killed. Simlarly, the subtly named smurfs of death will be forced to land very close to the other army, due to their lack of firepower at long ranges. This gives the CD the advantage, as they now have their pick of targets to assault and shoot and libby power, and pedro's power is likely to affect every assault.

However, once a dread has toasted a scout squad, the CDs will be outnumbered. They will kill both dreddies with powerfists or missile launchers. As the rest of the smurf army arrives, the CDs will kill it at leisure, with at most two flamed scout squads and ablative wounds lost from squads.

This wasn't as close as i thought it would be when i started.

Crimson Death
    , if you want my vote to be as unsubtle as the names.
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Crimson Death, as they seem better equipped to deal with the smurfs than the vice versa. I may not play much 40K, but I know what Meltas and Power Fists do to Dreadnaughts and Marines.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Smurfs get my vote. The key here is that they are going second, a huge advantage as they can avoid certain parts of the crimson death. The melta's wont really come into play.

Those squishy scout units will die horribly to heavy flamer action from the dreadies and the smurfs sternguard with combi-plasmas should eat up a squad of their counterparts.

I think the smurfs will do too much damage when they arrive.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

Smurfs take this one. Crimson Death loses a turn of shooting in the first turn and will then take a big hit when the Smurfs come down. It's going to be bloody but Crimson will start at a disadvantage and won't recover.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Crimson death as some of those sternguard will survive the smurf turn. Especially the squad that's waiting to pod in. Then it'll just be marines dying left and right. This would be a bloodbath though.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar of khaine View Post

Now, my legally required anti-smurf comments: oh look, both players have called their lists something death. How original. Oh look, both players have the almost mandatory smurf special character. How original. Fortunately, this will be a close battle, meaning a greater number of smurfs will die.

Now, onto comments:

The subtly named crimson death ...
    the subtly named smurfs of death ...
    This wasn't as close as i thought it would be when i started.
    Haha ha.

We should call the next votewar Votewar of Death.

Sabre

PS Oh yeah, Smurfs. Powerfists, flamers, drop-pods, multi-meltas. The tac squads counter everything on their own. Nevermind the scoring powerfisted combimeltad sternguard. Of Death.
    Last edited by Sabrewulf; April 16th, 2009 at 05:37.
    Comfirmed Disciple of Chaos

Rogue Angel: "Meet da Chaos Lord"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smurfs for me, going second i think puts the crimsons right on the back foot from the offset and the smurfs should be able to use the momentum gained to win.

Jaegar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Despite the advantage of first deployment for the side of the SMurfs their ability to kill their opponent in rapid-fire range is not equal. With the number of ap3 shots dished out by the Crimson Death's sternguard giving them far more efficient killing power my vote goes to them. I will agree that the scouts are in serious danger of getting flamered off the map by the dreadnoughts

I'm amused by the number of "free" KP handed out with all the drop pods in both lists btw. I feel that whoever decides to start blowing up drop-pods might be the winner. Interesting match.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast