IMVWR3G16 Strike force Glorious Interdiction vs Hive Fleet Panzerkampf - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

IMVWR3G16 Strike force Glorious Interdiction vs Hive Fleet Panzerkampf

Mission, Seize Ground.
    Deployment, Spearhead.
    Hive Fleet Panzerkampf deploy first. Strike force Glorious Interdiction fail tosieze.

Strike force Glorious Interdiction (Space Marines of the Grey Pilgrims Chapter)

HQ
    1 Captain + Artificer Armour + Bike + Digital Weapons + Powersword + Meltabombs
    180pts

Troops
    Bike Squad (8 Bikers 1 Attack Bike)
    1 Sergeant + power fist
    5 Bikers
    1 Biker + flamer
    1 Biker + meltagun
    1 Attack Bike + Heavy Bolter
    295pts

Bike Squad (8 Bikers 1 Attack Bike)
    1 Sergeant + power sword + melta bombs
    5 Bikers
    1 Biker+ flamer
    1 Biker+ meltagun
    1 Attack Bike + Multi Melta
    300pts

Elite

1 Venerable Dreadnought+ Plasma cannon+ Heavy Flamer+ Extra Armour + DropPod
    235pts

1 Venerable Dreadnought + Plasma cannon+ Heavy Flamer+ Extra Armour + DropPod
    235pts

1 Venerable Dreadnought + Assault cannon+ Heavy Flamer+ Extra Armour + DropPod +Death Wind Launcher
    255pts

Tactics.
    Essentially each unit is a self contained ‘army’ able to a lesser or greater extent with dealing with most threats. Dreadnoughts are interdiction units to cause mucho destruction. The bikes move in hard and fast to claim objectives. I only have 6 KP’s so baring a wipe out my target is 7 units to get a win in annihilation games.
    Hive Fleet Panzerkampf

HQ

Broodlord
    Feeder Tendrils, Flesh Hooks, and Extended Carapace
    11 Genestealer retinue
    Flesh Hooks, Extended Carapace
    317 points

Elites

Lictor
    80 points

Troops

8 Gaunts
    Spinefists, Without Number
    64 points

9xGenestealers
    Extended Carapace, scuttlers, Feeder Tendrils

9xGenestealers
    Extended Carapce, Scuttlers, Feeder Tendrils

4xRipper Swarms
    40 Points

Fast Attack

3xBio-Acid spore mines
    36 Points

3xToxin spore mines
    30 Points

Heavy Support

3xZoanthropes
    Synapse Creature
    135 Points

3xBiovores
    Bio-Acid spore mines
    165 Points

Carnifex
    Bonded exoskeleton, Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Toxic Miasma, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler
    201 Points

Total Points = 1500

Strategy:

Infiltrate Broodlord as close as possible to nastiest ranged enemy, or loaded transport.

Use Lictor for tank assaulting, and re-rolling spore mines.

Gaunts are fire support, and objective taker. Provided cover/countercharge by the Ripper Swarms, and a zoa for Synapse. One with one at edge if they are gonna respawn.

Genestealers flank on side with juciest targets, or go after the one on the side come in on.

Bio-Acid spore mines for 3+ armor guys, or tanks.

Toxin for high toughness opponents, or threatening squad.

Bio-vores take a close spot with cover, 3+ save primary, Tanks secondary, with a Zoa nearby for synapse.

Carnifex is ranged support/bait. Tanks, then infantry.

Note: Primary target for brood listed first, then secondary.

Get voting!

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I'll go ahead and get the ball rolling by doing some out-loud thinking. (Keep in mind I'm no expert on Tyranids) Two infiltrating Genestealer units, combined with first turn, mean that Tyranids can go straight for the throat - they can rip up one of only two troop squads by the end of the first turn. Although, it does seem like one unit at least will be outflanking, his description is a bit vague. (Granted, I'll have to double check about first turn stealer charges, not sure if it can still happen that way.

But even with that aside, the Tyranids still get a free turn of shooting, to start whittling down those squads, which'll be unprotected for a turn. The dreadnoughts can do some serious damage, but more than half of the Tyranid units can deal with them if need be. Though, if the stealers get caught in the open with those DS'ing Heavy Flamers, things will certainly improve for the Marines. I'm holding my vote for now, as I'll need some more time to research, but leaning Tyranids. Only way I see the SM winning is if those Dreadnoughts cause enough havoc to protect both biker squads from destruction and allow them to score, I don't see it as too likely though.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

The Tyranids have barely anything that can scratch the bikers. The Genestealers cannot catch them and will be slowly wiped out by bolter fire, the spore mines and bivores either have 6s to wound or allow armour saves (IF they even hit the bikers in the first place, and are still alive [each bivore is as easy to kill as a pair of orks...]) and the Zoanthropes do not have Warp Blast (so have NO ranged attack to attack with).

This leaves killing the bikers up to the Carefex alone. The marines have 20 wounds of bikers and the Carnefex has 12 BS3 shots and 6 large blasts all with a 2+ to wound (that allow armour saves) over the course of the whole game. Lets assume the Carnefex hits 4 bikers with each blast marker (which is unlikely, the bikers can easil be spread out to only allow 2-3 hits from a perfect shot) and hits with half of its BS3 shots. This would produce 30 hits, and an average of 8.33 kills. So there would still be 11.66 (2 scoring units worth) of bikers left at the end of the game.

The Tyranid troop choices are not so blessed with invulerability as the Marine ones. Everything in the marine army can kill Genestealers, and there are only 18 wounds of them. I am very confident that the Genestealers will not survive to the end of the game (the Broodlords unit can be ignored, as they do not score).

The Guant unit with 'without number' is irrelevent. Even if only 1 biker unit survives (which statistically is not likely), the marine commander can be used to contest the objective held by the Guants to give the marines the victory while the rest of the bikers claim a different objective.

So an easy victory to Strike Force Glorious Interdiction.
    Last edited by kroxigor01; April 21st, 2009 at 08:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im going to have to go with Krox on this one. Maybe if it were kill points but the nid troops are too flimsy to survive long. MARINES
    Change is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

The superior killing power and resilience give the Marines the win, as has been covered already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy flamers on all the Dreadnaughts is huge, too. Especially when you have three of them AND plasma cannons. You can cover something ridiculous like a tenth of the board with all those templates ... and there's no way to remove them early, because of drop pods. Marines

Sabre
    Comfirmed Disciple of Chaos

Rogue Angel: "Meet da Chaos Lord"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marines will take this, as stated.. they got nothing to bring down the fast bikes that will ride in circles around the poor nidz and shoot them to nothing, supported by nasty dreads its a simple ending

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Voting Closed

Look out for the round three update and please vote in the following rounds!

Kind Regards

Dan

+ Reply to Thread