IMVWR4G12 Sleolan war host vs Strike force Glorious Interdiction - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

IMVWR4G12 Sleolan war host vs Strike force Glorious Interdiction

Mission, annihilation
    Deployment, Dawn of war
    Sleolan war host deploy first. Strike force Glorious Interdiction fail to sieze.

Sleolan war host

HQ:

farseer
    doom, guide, spirit stones
    singing spear

farseer
    doom, guide, spirit stones
    singing spear

Elites
    Howling Banshees
    5 banshees,
    exarch -acrobatic, executioner

Troops:

Dire avengers,
    9 dire avengers
    exarch- bladestorm, 2 shurikan catapults
    Wave serpent
    -twin linked eldar missile launchers

Dire avengers,
    9 dire avengers
    exarch- bladestorm, 2 shurikan catapults
    Wave serpent
    -twin linked eldar missile launchers

Guardian jetbikes,
    6 guardian jetbikes, 2 shurikan cannon
    Warlock on jetbike, singing spear, embolden

Fast Attack:

Warp spiders,
    4 warp spiders,
    exarch- dual deathspinners

Heavy Support:

Falcon grav tank
    shurikan cannon

Dark reapers,
    2 dark reapers
    exarch-fast shot

Total Points = 1500

The two farseers each attach to one of the dire avengers squads.
    Banshees mount in the Falcon grav tank.
    warp spiders and jetbikes harass the enemy, and take objectives quickly late game.
    Strike force Glorious Interdiction (Space Marines of the Grey Pilgrims Chapter)

HQ
    1 Captain + Artificer Armour + Bike + Digital Weapons + Powersword + Meltabombs
    180pts

Troops
    Bike Squad (8 Bikers 1 Attack Bike)
    1 Sergeant + power fist
    5 Bikers
    1 Biker + flamer
    1 Biker + meltagun
    1 Attack Bike + Heavy Bolter
    295pts

Bike Squad (8 Bikers 1 Attack Bike)
    1 Sergeant + power sword + melta bombs
    5 Bikers
    1 Biker+ flamer
    1 Biker+ meltagun
    1 Attack Bike + Multi Melta
    300pts

Elite

1 Venerable Dreadnought+ Plasma cannon+ Heavy Flamer+ Extra Armour + DropPod
    235pts

1 Venerable Dreadnought + Plasma cannon+ Heavy Flamer+ Extra Armour + DropPod
    235pts

1 Venerable Dreadnought + Assault cannon+ Heavy Flamer+ Extra Armour + DropPod +Death Wind Launcher
    255pts

Tactics.
    Essentially each unit is a self contained ‘army’ able to a lesser or greater extent with dealing with most threats. Dreadnoughts are interdiction units to cause mucho destruction. The bikes move in hard and fast to claim objectives. I only have 6 KP’s so baring a wipe out my target is 7 units to get a win in annihilation games.
    Get voting!

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I'm going with MARINES. The eldar have several small units that can give up easy kp the best unit to deal with the bike units is the reapers which I see a dread shooting off the board first round. The eldar might keep it close by spearing pods and dreads but in the end the marines bikes will be largely intact and causing havoc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I see the Eldar winning this.

nakaruru I think you have forgotten about 1st turn nightfighting?

I see the dreadies doing some damage when they arrive but they will die horribly minutes. All they are ensuring is 4 KP delivered to the eldar turn 1.

Most of the eldar force is mounted so the bikers are going to have a hard time.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I don't see nightfighting hurting the drop pod units, and the fact that the eldar will not be able to effectively shoot at the bikers first round seems to balance out the fact that the marines might not do alot with the biker units first round. I felt the speed of the marine bikes would let them catch up to the eldar tanks unless the eldar simply don't shoot the whole game to stay out of range. And no shooting means no dead marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Don't forget that the reapers are not the only threat to the Bikers. Doom and Guide can very well give Dire Avengers the 'potential' to cause some hurt. While the Drop Dreads can cause some pain, they're giving up 3 easy KP with their Pods. Not to mention that they may drop in and kill something, but then subsequently getting shot in the back due to the Eldar's maneuverability.

While I don't think it will be an extremely high margin of victory, I'm giving it to the Eldar.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Wyrm. A close game, but ... Eldar

1) Not all the dreads will land at one time. With 2x twin MLs, the reapers and the Falcon, the first 2 dreads that land get to shoot a vehicle and then quickly die. They will get hit from the back where the armor is only 10 and that's pretty much gg for them. The third dread will live longer.

2) The Marine player could win this at that point with just his bikes ... if they could charge the whole Eldar force. They can't.

Either a wave serpent will survive, meaning the Eldar player can keep one unit away from the bikes, or the falcon will survive ... the Eldar player can still kite those bikes. Between the spiders, the banshees, and the guardian units, the bikes can't charge everything. They win a combat and then Doom/Shooting happens.

You end up with 1 dread (best case scenario) and 1 unit of bikes versus the remaining farseer/avengers, at least 1 eldar vehicle, the jetbikes, the spiders and the banshees.
    Comfirmed Disciple of Chaos

Rogue Angel: "Meet da Chaos Lord"

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Voting Closed

Look out for the round four update and please vote in the following Knockout rounds!

Kind Regards

Dan

+ Reply to Thread