Final League Table! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Final League Table!

Here is the final votewar league.
    Those highlighted in red unfortunately did not make it through to the knockout stages (a single vote decided it all!).

This round goes to the Orks, who over 5 games did not loose a single one!

Dan

Last edited by danjones87; May 2nd, 2009 at 11:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Spiffy!

Well, congratulations to all who advanced, and well played (and good luck next time!) to those who didn't.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Well, that's my list gone. I'm really not surprised, though. It's what happens when you enter a list that generally does better in 4e.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Alright on to the knock out rounds, I do have a question though how were the match ups decided on? It doesn't seem to be 1 vs 16 2 vs 15 and so on down the list. Were the match ups setup to avoid CSM fighting CSM? Is there a set bracket or will all future pairings be set based on who is left?

Just looking to understand how the knockout rounds are going to go and great job on keeping everything running smoothly Dan, you rock!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I think he did some random way, like names in a hat or something. But yeah i think it would have made more sence to reward the highest ranking lists and do 1 v 16, 2 v 15...

Edit:
    5/6 Chaos Marine lists
    3/8 Marine lists
    3/5 Ork lists
    1/1 Cron list
    1/4 Eldar list
    1/2 DE list
    1/3 Nid list
    1/3 Guard list

0/0 DH lists
    0/0 WH lists
    0/2 Chaos Daemon lists
    0/2 Tau lists
    Last edited by kevin vanrooyen; May 2nd, 2009 at 18:32. Reason: Whoops, Chaso Daemen?
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Thanks guys.

For the knock out rounds, I split the top 16 in two (top 8 and bottom then had the them play off against eachother. So the 'leader' or seed 1 will play seed 9 2vs10 3 vs11 and so on. Player one had already played against player 9 so I had to swap them around, no fun replaying a game eh!

kevin vanrooyen, Thanks for the break down, I was suprised that neither of the Tau or CD lists got through, they, on paper, looked nice but I think they faced some harsh opponants and didnt get things there way.

How has everyone felt this has gone so far?
    Do you like this Swiss to Knock out style game? Would you have preffered something different?

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87 View Post
    How has everyone felt this has gone so far?
    Do you like this Swiss to Knock out style game? Would you have preffered something different?
    I think the Swiss system worked, out of getting more games in. The knockout system of previous VWs tended to make people lose interest early on. The double elimination system of old also worked out pretty well though, to my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I've enjoyed the votewar and thought the Swiss style worked well. Maybe it didn't really make a big difference but atleast I feel the lists at the top earned the place and didn't get in just because of playing so called weak lists.

I was suprised that atleast one of the CD didn't make it both were in the top half of the table before the last round. One of the tau lists had very small troops which I think hurt it alot can't say for the other off hand. Lastly Kudos to CSM 5/6 lists in the top half only codex with a better % is crons and they only had the one list.

Last question is how are the next set of matchups going to be desided?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

I think we should all get used to the Ork vs CSM matches. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of them in the next two rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the list I wrote up was really just a fun list (Patient Hunter) Got hit by a lot of high model count armies though >.< was a lot of fun voting and looking at the other lists too.
    Change is good

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast