Librarium Online Forums banner

IMVW Quarter Finals! 3 Angry Orks vs Waaagh Shoot n’ Stabb

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  dryads_will_eat_you 
#1 ·
Mission, Seize Ground (Four objectives)
Deployment, Pitched Battle
Angry Orks deploy first. Waaagh Shoot n’ Stabb fail to sieze.

Angry Orks

Tactics:
My aim is to either shoot or chop the enemy to death.

HQ
Warboss
Shoota/Rokkit, Ammo Runt, Power Claw, Cybork Body, ‘Eavy Armour
108 Pts

Elites
11 Lootas
165 Pts

Troops
30 Ork Boyz
Shootas, 3 Rokkit Launchas , Nob with Power Klaw
245 Pts

30 Ork Boyz
245 Pts

30 Ork Boyz
245 Pts

30 Ork Boyz
245 Pts

30 Ork Boyz
245 Pts

Total Points = 1498 Pts
Waaagh Shoot n’ Stabb

HQ

Big Mek
Shokk Atakk Gun, Choppa and Mek’s Tools

Big Mek
Shokk Atakk Gun, Choppa and Mek’s Tools
Troops
Ork Boys
23 Boys Sluggas and Choppas, 1 Nob Power Klaw and Shoota

Ork Boys
24 Boys Shootas, 1 Nob Power Klaw and Shoota

Ork Boys
24 Boys Shootas, 1 Nob Power Klaw and Shoota

Gretchin
10 Gretchin Blasters, 1 Runtherd Grabba Stikk, Slugga, Squig Hound

Gretchin

Gretchin
Fast Attack
Warbikers
2 Warbikers Slugga’s, Choppa’s, Warbikes and Dakkaguns, 1 Nob Power Klaw, Slugga, Warbike and Dakkagun

Warbikers
2 Warbikers Slugga’s, Choppa’s, Warbikes and Dakkaguns, 1 Nob Power Klaw, Slugga, Warbike and Dakkagun
Heavy Support
Battlewagon
Killkannon

Battlewagon
Killkannon

Battlewagon
Killkannon

Tactics
The ork boys rush the enemy, the slugga boys run becoming more of a target while the shoota boys kill stuff. The grots hide in the battlewagons to make them scoring and hold objectives. The battlewagons and meks shoot the enemy with 5 ordance templates a turn. The warbikes flank my enemy and go for vehicles/shooty units/other targets. Waaagh!
Get voting!

Dan

#4 ·
How many does it take to pull out a Killkannon or at least stop it shooting for a turn? How about Power Klaws?

Personally, I think the Lootas and Rokkits will be able to sufficiently reduce the Wagons and infantry, before winning a war of attrition, though that could be dependent on getting the charge. Angry Orks for the win, due to ridiculous numbers, and minor tank-hunting abilities *places up anti-brick shields*.

#3 ·
I'm inclined to agree with Kroxigor here. So long as the Battlewagons keep moving, then they should be able to survive the battle almost unscathed meanwhile being able to lay down a large amount of ranged hate at the opposing Ork force. I think Shoot N Stab will take this one, though it could be close depending on how the Angry Orks use their forces (as they could bog down the enemy if they are good). I'm leaning Shoot 'N' Stab though, I'll wait for some rebuttle before I commit a vote.

#7 ·
I dont think they stab and shooy have the fire power. Sure they have alot of blast markers and some speedy units. But the blast markers will scatter and I see some weak units like the grotz and warbikers being blown away by the fire power angry orks posses. But the arngry ork have the "staying power" on their side. I see them controling atleast 3 out of those 4 objektives end of the game.

My vote goes to Angry orks

#8 ·
I dont think they stab and shooy have the fire power. Sure they have alot of blast markers and some speedy units. But the blast markers will scatter...
With 30 Orks a unit and 5 units who have likely deployed in one big wall it is hard to scatter and still not hit 4-5 Orks.

and I see some weak units like the grotz and warbikers being blown away by the fire power angry orks posses.
The Grotz are deployed in Battlewagons.

#9 ·
I am going to have to throw my hat in for Waaagh Shoot n' Stabb, as the pure volume of blast templates will make short work of any Green Tide, no matter how proppa. Since the Battlewagons are scoring, and just a pain to remove unless the Lootas can hit on side armor, I can't see the Angry Orks holding enough objectives to come off with a win.

#10 ·
All those Rokkits will only average 5 hits/turn, which then averages to less than 1 glance/turn. They'll need to get lucky to do much to the Wagons. Granted, any 'Shaken' results they can manage will be a boon...

On the other hand, I don't think scatter will matter much against 150 Boyz.

This one should be awfully close, as a few Power Klaws should eventually get into contact with some Wagons.

For the time being, I'll give the edge to Waaagh! Shoot & Stab, on account of their shooting, and better mobility, which can allow them to choose their fights.

#11 ·
Both seem good, well thought out lists. From what it looks like, with the Angry Orks going to be pretty tightly packed, the 5 Ordnance Weapons from the Shoot n' Stabb could do some damage. My vote is Waaagh Shoot n' Stab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.