IMVW Quarter Finals! 3 Angry Orks vs Waaagh Shoot n’ Stabb - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

IMVW Quarter Finals! 3 Angry Orks vs Waaagh Shoot n’ Stabb

Mission, Seize Ground (Four objectives)
    Deployment, Pitched Battle
    Angry Orksdeploy first. Waaagh Shoot n’ Stabb fail tosieze.

Angry Orks

Tactics:
    My aim is to either shoot or chop the enemy to death.

HQ
    Warboss
    Shoota/Rokkit, Ammo Runt, Power Claw, Cybork Body, ‘Eavy Armour
    108 Pts

Elites
    11 Lootas
    165 Pts

Troops
    30 Ork Boyz
    Shootas, 3 Rokkit Launchas , Nob with Power Klaw
    245 Pts

30 Ork Boyz
    245 Pts

30 Ork Boyz
    245 Pts

30 Ork Boyz
    245 Pts

30 Ork Boyz
    245 Pts

Total Points = 1498 Pts

Waaagh Shoot n’ Stabb

HQ

Big Mek
    Shokk Atakk Gun, Choppa and Mek’s Tools

Big Mek
    Shokk Atakk Gun, Choppa and Mek’s Tools
    Troops
    Ork Boys
    23 Boys Sluggas and Choppas, 1 Nob Power Klaw and Shoota

Ork Boys
    24 Boys Shootas, 1 Nob Power Klaw and Shoota

Ork Boys
    24 Boys Shootas, 1 Nob Power Klaw and Shoota

Gretchin
    10 Gretchin Blasters, 1 Runtherd Grabba Stikk, Slugga, Squig Hound

Gretchin

Gretchin
    Fast Attack
    Warbikers
    2 Warbikers Slugga’s, Choppa’s, Warbikes and Dakkaguns, 1 Nob Power Klaw, Slugga, Warbike and Dakkagun

Warbikers
    2 Warbikers Slugga’s, Choppa’s, Warbikes and Dakkaguns, 1 Nob Power Klaw, Slugga, Warbike and Dakkagun
    Heavy Support
    Battlewagon
    Killkannon

Battlewagon
    Killkannon

Battlewagon
    Killkannon

Tactics
    The ork boys rush the enemy, the slugga boys run becoming more of a target while the shoota boys kill stuff. The grots hide in the battlewagons to make them scoring and hold objectives. The battlewagons and meks shoot the enemy with 5 ordance templates a turn. The warbikes flank my enemy and go for vehicles/shooty units/other targets. Waaagh!
    Get voting!

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Waaagh Shoot n’ Stabb has 5 ordinance templates per turn, and the Angry Orks have no way to remove them (it takes 54 rokkit shots to destroy/weapon destroy a Battlewagon, assuming a lack of cover). Also the Battlewagons are a scoring unit that can tank shock so if alive turn 6 basically claim an objective by default.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I'm inclined to agree with Kroxigor here. So long as the Battlewagons keep moving, then they should be able to survive the battle almost unscathed meanwhile being able to lay down a large amount of ranged hate at the opposing Ork force. I think Shoot N Stab will take this one, though it could be close depending on how the Angry Orks use their forces (as they could bog down the enemy if they are good). I'm leaning Shoot 'N' Stab though, I'll wait for some rebuttle before I commit a vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kroxigor01 View Post
    Waaagh Shoot n’ Stabb has 5 ordinance templates per turn, and the Angry Orks have no way to remove them (it takes 54 rokkit shots to destroy/weapon destroy a Battlewagon, assuming a lack of cover). Also the Battlewagons are a scoring unit that can tank shock so if alive turn 6 basically claim an objective by default.
    How many does it take to pull out a Killkannon or at least stop it shooting for a turn? How about Power Klaws?

Personally, I think the Lootas and Rokkits will be able to sufficiently reduce the Wagons and infantry, before winning a war of attrition, though that could be dependent on getting the charge. Angry Orks for the win, due to ridiculous numbers, and minor tank-hunting abilities *places up anti-brick shields*.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

288 (x6)

*Commences brick throwing*
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    How many does it take to pull out a Killkannon or at least stop it shooting for a turn? How about Power Klaws?
    Like I said, 54 shots to destroy or weapon destroy the vehicle. 21.6 shots will average 1 tank not shooting next turn (either shaken, stunned, weapon destroyed or destroyed). However, the Angry Orks have only 15 rokkits so will stop 0.6933 tanks from shooting on average. A single Power Klaw will pretty much end the Tanks life though.

I think that Waaagh Shoot n’ Stabb's shooting should be enough to tip the balance, also given that they will be getting the charge (they can happily stand 13" away and let their ordinance win the game for them, but the Angry Orks have to force combat and get within 12" first).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

324 (x8)

I see the blast weapons of shoot 'n stab to be too much of a problem for Angry Orks to break through. Also the warbikes will prove devastating against those-footslog ork squads.

Vote goes to Waaagh Shoot n' Stabb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think they stab and shooy have the fire power. Sure they have alot of blast markers and some speedy units. But the blast markers will scatter and I see some weak units like the grotz and warbikers being blown away by the fire power angry orks posses. But the arngry ork have the "staying power" on their side. I see them controling atleast 3 out of those 4 objektives end of the game.

My vote goes to Angry orks
    Waaagh!! Zaktoznaz!!
    W/D/L
    3/1/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Zaktoznaz View Post
    I dont think they stab and shooy have the fire power. Sure they have alot of blast markers and some speedy units. But the blast markers will scatter...
    With 30 Orks a unit and 5 units who have likely deployed in one big wall it is hard to scatter and still not hit 4-5 Orks.

and I see some weak units like the grotz and warbikers being blown away by the fire power angry orks posses.
    The Grotz are deployed in Battlewagons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x3)

I am going to have to throw my hat in for Waaagh Shoot n' Stabb, as the pure volume of blast templates will make short work of any Green Tide, no matter how proppa. Since the Battlewagons are scoring, and just a pain to remove unless the Lootas can hit on side armor, I can't see the Angry Orks holding enough objectives to come off with a win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

All those Rokkits will only average 5 hits/turn, which then averages to less than 1 glance/turn. They'll need to get lucky to do much to the Wagons. Granted, any 'Shaken' results they can manage will be a boon...

On the other hand, I don't think scatter will matter much against 150 Boyz.

This one should be awfully close, as a few Power Klaws should eventually get into contact with some Wagons.

For the time being, I'll give the edge to Waaagh! Shoot & Stab, on account of their shooting, and better mobility, which can allow them to choose their fights.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast