MBVW09 Semi Finals [Purple Spiky Bitz] vs Hammerdin - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

MBVW09 Semi Finals [Purple Spiky Bitz] vs Hammerdin

MBVW09 Semi Finals [Purple Spiky Bitz] vs Hammerdin
    Annihilation with Pitched Battle deployment Hammerdin gets first turn [Purple Spiky Biz] fails to seize

[Purple Spiky Bitz]

HQ
    [Dracon Bob]
    [Agoniser, splinter pistol, combat drugs, shadow field]
    [106]

Elites
    [Krazy Wyches (7 wyches+sucubi)]
    [wychweapons, plasma grenades, 2xblaster, sucubus w/agoniser, splinter pistol. Raider w/night shield]
    [220]

[Krazy Wyches (7 wyches+sucubi)]
    [wychweapons, plasma grenades, 2xblaster, sucubus w/agoniser, splinter pistol. Raider w/night shield]
    [220]

Troops
    [Rough Raiders (6 warriors)]
    [dark lance, blaster. raider w/nightshields]
    [133]

[133]

[133]

[133]

Heavy Support
    Rowdy Ravagers
    3 disintegrater and nightshields

Rowdy Ravagers

Rowdy Ravagers

Total Points =1498

Tactics.
    Raider warriors start deployed from their transports in cover with firing lanes. Dracon starts with a wych unit.

Enemy long range weapons are targeted by raiders, dismounted raiders, and ravagers to gain range superiority. When enemy closes wyches and dracon counterattack teaming up on units if possible. If outranged and outgunned target most dangerous units and get wyches into combat fast.

Hammerdin

HQ

Grey Knight BrotherCaptain Nova
    Psycannon, Urgants of warding 4x Grey Knight Terminator retinue, Psycannon, 1w/Thunder Hammer Storm Shield
    310pts

Elites
    N/A

Troops
    Grey Knight squad Alpha
    Justicar, Frags, 7x Grey Knights, Incinerator
    236pts

Grey Knight squad Beta
    Justicar, Frags, 7x Grey Knights, Incinerator
    236pts

Grey Knight squad Gamma
    Justicar, Targeter, 6x Grey Knights
    201pts

Fast Attack
    N/A

Heavy Support

Land Raider Alpha
    Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers, Search Lights
    259pts

Land Raider Beta
    Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers, Search Lights
    259pts

Total Points = 1500

The 2 LRs have the corresponding PAGK squad in them whilst the 3rd PAGK squad sits on a home objective. The GKT will follow behind the AV14 wall taking pot shots with the psycannons, allong with the 3rd PAGK squad if objectives are not played. With the 2 LRs, with their nift Power of the machine spirit, pumping out 4 TLLC shots per turn at different tagets, all light armour should melt away leaving the PAGKs and GKTs to mop up the rest.

Let the voting begin!

Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

You know what Emp is pretty convincing, so I am editing my post here to change my vote for Hammerdin well played Emp, I completely forgoot about the shrouding.
    Last edited by Mr. Biscuits; August 12th, 2009 at 18:36.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Hammerdin. Depending how rolls go though, but I think a balanced average mix of rolls will still yield a win. The psycannons and incinerators will shred through the DE wyches and archon with ease, while the LRs can fire at up to 4 different raiders, and with the T-L and low AV target, they'll have solid chances at dropping it even through the nightshields. They just need to hang back and play it defensively, reacting to the DE movement. When the opportunity arises, counter in, the shooting from the special weapons will just tear through the DE.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x1)

Lots of Dark Eldar loving this tournament. But I do believe this match will be unbiasedly won by them. This is basically 9 vehicles vs 2 vehicles. There are 10 dark lances (stationary) here. And 9 disintegrators. Even if not stationary, there are only 2 targets and the lances downgrade LR armor. It'll be as easy to pop them as if they were shooting at two Chimeras.

On the other side, yes the LRs have 4 lascannon shots per turn, and yes they are twin linked.. You know BS4 TL-LC are frickin' brutal. You'll most likely hit all 4, and they're downright guaranteed to penetrate every time vs AV10. 2 to 4 Raiders/Ravagers will drop every shooting phase (some may be hiding behind stuff).

I actually think kill-point-wise the Grey Knights will come out on top. They'll slaughter a lot of stuff before they go down, but they WILL go down eventually. So many dark lances will drop those LRs and then the dark eldar can just circle strafe the Knights with their surviving skimmers, or pile in with eveything they got. DE will suffer heavy losses, but will table the Knights in the end.

Vote goes for Purple Spiky Bitz (Dark Eldar).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Okay

Alright, this is a match where the Dark Eldar have the advantage. All they have to do is hold back and lance the Land Raiders into submission. As soon as the grey knights are on foot, the Dark Eldar will wipe them out with dissintegrators. Dark Eldar win.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

No, im going to have to disagree with the above statement, (because yes, im passionately fighting for a fellow DH player), going against DE there's no reason to have the PAGKs footslog it out, the advantage here from the start is to the DH, they have the greater range. If the DE hang back, they will just get shot up by the lascannons (48" range) while their own lances have a 36" range. The DE need to push, on account of their maximum range, and because of the shrouding. They're basically playing nightfight against the DH, they have to come close they dont have a choice. On their way up they will be shot for at least 2 turns with a slim chance at retaliation. Shrouding has a maximum sight distance of 54" on triple 6's. The chances of that being rolled are unlikely, the medium range of the shrouding is 22.5" , this applies to all PAGKs on the ground, they won't be shot up. The DH player can play it as mathhammer as he wants with distances, as the targeter let's him pre-measure in the shooting phase. If he keeps a constant track, he can start up the 6" deployment, shoot, next turn move back, forcing the DE to still be out of combat range unless they choose to turbo, and in that case than even an immobilised will take down the raiders and anything inside will be shot up by the psycannons and storm bolters.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x1)

I know there's no reason for GK to footslog it, but it's not like they'll be able to resist it. There are only 2 vehicles, and they WILL get popped. Yes, lascannons outrange anything the Dark Eldar have, but what's stopping the Raiders from just moving up 12 and still firing their dark lance? That's 48 inches right there. The Land Raiders can't simply "stay out of range". If the LR can shoot the DE, the DE can shoot them back. Also shrouding doesn't apply to them, so that's not a concern.

Oh, and bold your vote, if you even voted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePorcupine View Post
    Oh, and bold your vote, if you even voted.
    please refer to the 1st post of mine where I casted my vote, bold has been first word. Thank you for not reading my first post I thought we had something special....

Quote Originally Posted by ThePorcupine View Post
    If the LR can shoot the DE, the DE can shoot them back
    Not all of them, I'm basic off average rolls, turn 1 goes to Hammerdin. I'm going to assume basing off the boards I see, he can hide a few Raiders, but will not be able to hide them all. The LRs will capitalise on this. Granted than the other Raiders move 12" up, so he's now about...28-34" away from the LRs, He only has 4 Lances, on a good day, maybe he'll pen. 1 LR, the other will remain untouched. You can't stop it from shooting, PotM will give it a T-L Lascannon shot on the next turn, so now on a good day for DE, the DH player is down to 3 Lascannon shots. The Dark Eldar list is not fit enough to deal with 2 LRs. 1, yea I'd give the option more to the DE player to pull through and win. But he will not pop both. There isn't enough AV14 anti-tank in this list, that is the downfall.
    Last edited by Emp.; August 12th, 2009 at 16:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x1)

Sorry. I am a fool and should have read your first post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think the lascannons will shred the dark eldar. GK get my vote. That said 1 lucky pen hit could change all that. This one is going to come down to weather the DE can pop the LR's early enough, but unless they get lucky they will not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast