Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Astropathic Message Detected...
Kappa Priority... shunting to emergency astropath relays...
Message Translation Complete.
"This is Mechnicum Field Testing Station PX-8356 requesting emergency reinforcements due to imminent assault. Enemy forces emerged from multiple warp-translation vectors, identity unknown. Defence fleet neutralised, cause unknown. Inter-planetary communications disrupted, cause unknown.
Addendum: This planet is considered a Grade-2 asset of the Mechanicum and should be treated accordingly.
I've been looking through my books and I noticed I have a lot of duplicates somehow (probably from going mad in the out-of-print section of Black Library Live last year) and rather than give/trade/sell them, I've decided to put them up for prizes in a 2000pt 40k votewar I'll be running this as a league, and the top 3 players will get something interesting from my collection - I'll check I'm not sending people books they already have but most of them are pretty old school so I doubt that'll be a problem! I will post to anywhere in the world too, cos I'm just lovely like that. I also have spare cover art I got at Games Day that'll go in the goody pile.
Please note that if Blackhat tells me I can't do the prizes for whatever legal reason I will still continue this to it's conclusion and you'll have to settle for bragging rights.
So, the rules:
There will be maps for this, if anyone has some please PM me Otherwise I'll probably end up setting up a board and taking photos or something equally daft.
- 2000pt list from any single legal, currently printed codex. I include GK/SoB in this, but using the PDFs on the GW site (i.e. no allies)
- Standard FOC applies.
- I will be using the FAQs as they are on the day of this post.
- No Chapter Approved, even 5th edition, to ensure people voting don't have to have read every WD/web article from the last 8 years.
- Characters, squads and vehicles must be named, and the army list must come with at least 2-3 sentences of background.
- Lists must be in to me by midnight GMT of Thursday the 10th of February, I will then put them all in a standard format.
- In the event of an odd number of players, the last person to have submitted their list will be dropped.
- You will have 100 words to describe your deployment (no maps), and 100 words to cover your tactics. That is all - and I will cut you off mid sentence if necessary. This is PER BATTLE, not for the whole votewar...
- If you post AT ALL in a thread your army is in, you will lose that round automatically counting as 10 votes against, none in favour. Any notes you want adding, PM me about it. If people are under a misapprehension as to your tactics or your list generally, maybe you should have been clearer! Bitch to your heart's content in this thread, but only AFTER your match has finished.
- Each round I'll be putting people up against a random opponent, and we'll have a number of rounds equal to the number of players divided by 4.
- Each round will last for a week to allow for arguments, counter arguments, and name-calling.
- While one round is up for voting, players will get details of the next round so you'll also have a week to give me the deployment/tactics info ready. Thus minimal waiting
- Votes as usual must be in bold, and posted along with a reason. It doesn't have to be good mind you, just written down. Crap reasons will have no negative repercussions aside from your peers thinking you are an idiot.
- Draws in the final league table will be decided on a For/Against system, judge's decision is final. Note that's the singular possessive, not plural
- A tie on that will be settled by a forum vote on who has the most interesting background. If even THAT is a tie, I'll flip a damn coin.
Have I missed anything?
Armies taking part : TWENTY EIGHT
Armies W/D/L : F-A=D
Isha's Pin 1/0/0 : 17-0=17
Hive Fleet Macarbre 1/0/0 : 14-1=13
Harvesters of Khorne 1/0/0 : 13-1=12
Sa'ceu'la Kau'ui 1/0/0 : 10-0=10
37th Mordian Mechanised Infantry 1/0/0 : 13-5=8
Krukk's Fighting Band 1/0/0 : 12-5=7
Dream Killers 1/0/0 : 10-3=7
Commandery Witch-Bane 1/0/0 : 10-4=6
Sunfury Strike Force 1/0/0 : 8-3=5
Vindictive Crusade 1/0/0 : 6-1=5
Strike Force Celestial Rain 1/0/0 : 9-5=4
Scions of Chemos 1/0/0 : 11-9=2
Hive Fleet Aggamemnus 1/0/0 : 8-7=1
Spear of Acta 0/1/0 : 7-7=0
Storm Knights 0/1/0 : 7-7=0
Scions of Goreskull 0/0/1 : 7-8=-1
Kabal of the Torn Heart 0/0/1 : 9-11=-2
Adeptus Mechanicus 0/0/1 : 5-9=-4
Fateweaver's Crusaders 0/0/1 : 3-8=-5
14th Company 3rd Regiment 0/0/1 : 1-6=-5
Coven of the Withered Fang 0/0/1 : 4-10=-6
The Sky Serpents 0/0/1 : 5-12=-7
Y'eldi Shas Kau'ui 0/0/1 : 3-10=-7
Haylad 804th Infantry 0/0/1 : 5-13=-8
Roeven's Fist 0/0/1 : 0-10=-10
Guardians of Faith 0/0/1 : 1-13=-12
Task Force Amaterasu 0/0/1 : 1-14=-13
LX7x10 Harbringers of Shadow 0/0/1 : 0-17=-17
Ooo a war of the votes.
Time to bring out the list building ideas!
I love these. Must get cracking with a list
Mirage Arcana Podcast
The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.
Time to try my list building skills on votewar !
Count me in as well
Spambot kill tally. . .337
Never done a votewar before. So two questions, are we allowed to post more than one army and where do you post them.
Are we allowed to do Imperial Armour lists, or only core codicces?
(actually quite funny, it was only this afternoon I was wondering when there would be a good votewar to have a first shot ^^)
Looks like only Core Codices.
I am in.
The Wolf time is upon us!
Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar
I would love to be in it! but that would be my first vote-war so if anyone can tell little more about it I would get really happy How do I send the list to you?
here, and if you click on my name to the left you should see an option to "Send Private Message"