Match 1.12 : Roeven's Fist vs Sa'ceu'la Kau'ui - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Match 1.12 : Roeven's Fist vs Sa'ceu'la Kau'ui

This is a Capture and Control match, deployment type Dawn of War. Roeven's Fist deploy and go first.

Roeven's Fist
    List

"Librarian Roeven" w/ Null Zone, Force Dome
    "alderon" 5 Space marines w/ combi plasma, "conflict" Razorback w/ assault cannon
    "braethen" 5 Space marines w/ combi plasma, "vengeance" Razorback w/ assault cannon
    "croa" 5 Space marines w/ combi plasma, "fury" Razorback w/ assault cannon
    "delvan" 5 Space marines w/ combi plasma, "spectre" Razorback w/ assault cannon
    "raider" 3 land speeders. w/ heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher
    "stealth" 3 land speeders. w/ heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher
    "stalker" 3 land speeders. w/ heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher
    "wave breaker" Vindicator. w/ extra armour
    "pyal’s might" Vindicator. w/ extra armour
    "enduring phoenix" Vindicator. w/ extra armour

Deployment

None submitted

Tactics
    None submitted

Sa'ceu'la Kau'ui
    List
    "Shas'el Viad'ere Kais" Shas'el w/ Plasma Rifle/Fusion Blaster (Helios set up) targetting array, Hardwired Multitracker, Hardwired drone controller + 2 shield drones
    "Black blade La'rua" Fireknife suits (plasma rifle, Missile Pod) x 3 w/ leader Hardwired Multitracker+ bonding knife so he can have targetting array, non-leaders have multitracker
    "Steady slash La'rua" Fireknife suits (plasma rifle, Missile Pod) x 3 w/ leader Hardwired Multitracker+ bonding knife so he can have targetting array, non-leaders have multitracker
    "Starfall La'rua" Deathrain suits (twin linked Missile pods) x 3, w/ flamer - 141
    "Delta La'rua" Fire Warriors x6
    "Alpha La'rua" Fire Warriors x6 in Devilfish with multitracker, Targetting Array, Disruption pods
    "Vaid'ere's raiders pt 1" Kroot x10 + 5 hounds
    "Vaid'ere's raiders pt 2" Kroot x10 + 5 hounds
    "Skyray La'rua" Pathfinders x 8 w/ Dfish with multitracker, Targetting Array, Disruption pods, Targetting Array (extra?)
    "Fishbait" Piranha skimmer w/ Fletchette Discharger, Targetting Array, Disruption pods, Fusion blaster
    "Chum" Piranha skimmer w/ Fletchette Discharger, Targetting Array, Disruption pods, Fusion blaster
    "La'rua Solar Flare" Broadside x 3 - Advanced stabilization systems, leader with Hardwired drone controller + 2 shield drones & Hardwired target lock
    "Greatwhite" Hammerhead - Disruption pods, railgun, burst cannon, multitracker
    "Bullshark" Hammerhead - Disruption pods, railgun, burst cannon, multitracker

Deployment
    With no maps, I would say, start my objective as far from his as possible in a corner. Castle up around it as best I can using range to my advantage. I would deploy my suit then infiltrate my 2 kroot squads to give me optimal placement for making my kroot wall. Then everything else walks into the corner that I have castled up in. Using acute senses I would attempt to get early shots on whatever is closest during night fight. Since I go second, I would mirror my suits to his land speeders to pop as many as possible.

Tactics

Mpods have this target priority: speeders/razorbacks/vindicators/tac squads
    Railguns have this target priority: Vindicators/Razorbacks/speeders/tac squads
    Markerlight priority: speeders as they will be in range first and also to negate cover saves, then anything that gets close.
    Piranha's block transport routes and make wrecks in easy lanes, forcing enemy through difficult terrain with vehicles, priority is razorbacks. Turbo boost to make difficult targets.
    Run d-fish/surviving pirahna's to contest objective.
    Castle everything else back in my corner.

--------------------

Vote closes on Friday 18th of March at 1800 PM. Votes as usual must be in bold, and posted along with a reason. It doesn't have to be good mind you, just written down. Crap reasons will have no negative repercussions aside from your peers thinking you are an idiot.

My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

This match is a bit ambiguous due to no map (can the Tau find cover for XV8s or not?). As it is:

Speeders die faster than XV8s in cover = Tau win.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Draw

This is a tough one. 18 S8 missile shots, 12 hit, 10 wound, 5 cover = 5 crisis suits will die each turn if the typhoons remain unmolested. Speeders outrange crisis suits and railguns will probably deal with vindicators initially. However, if it was spearhead deployment, I would probably give it to vanilla marines as the speeders can just sit back. But with DoW or pitched battle, that means missile pods can probably get to them. I see it as a close battle, but because it is capture and control and both armies have a lot of firepower, I'm going to have to go with a drawfest, with neither sides able to contest their opponent's objective.
    Last edited by jy2; March 13th, 2011 at 21:31.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

I would have this as a pretty close match, but with the tau being clear in what enemy units take priority in shooting... I'm going to have to give it to them.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kroxigor01 View Post
    This match is a bit ambiguous due to no map (can the Tau find cover for XV8s or not?). As it is:

Speeders die faster than XV8s in cover = Tau win.
    This. Tau for the win.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be prejudiced by the lack of tactics or deployment, but I agree, Tau seem to have things in order
    Through victory my chains are broken

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

You guys seem to be forgetting who is going first. Unless the crisis suits are doing suicide drops, the typhoons are going to get the first strike against them (unless there is a lot of LOS-blocking terrain). A minimum of 5 suits are going down to marine alpha strike....and that's not even taking into account the 27 heavy bolter shots being pumped out by the speeders (that's another 18 hits, 12 wounds, 8 successful armor saves = 4 unsaved wounds).

And then there's the matter of 16 vehicles on the marine side! The only saving grace is that this is capture and control and Tau may have what it takes to shoot down contesting MEQ vehicles to force a draw.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Tau
    I'd go that way because of the targeting priority unless the marine tactics were good. but they're not there.
    Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; March 14th, 2011 at 14:16.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    You guys seem to be forgetting who is going first. Unless the crisis suits are doing suicide drops, the typhoons are going to get the first strike against them (unless there is a lot of LOS-blocking terrain). A minimum of 5 suits are going down to marine alpha strike....and that's not even taking into account the 27 heavy bolter shots being pumped out by the speeders (that's another 18 hits, 12 wounds, 8 successful armor saves = 4 unsaved wounds).

And then there's the matter of 16 vehicles on the marine side! The only saving grace is that this is capture and control and Tau may have what it takes to shoot down contesting MEQ vehicles to force a draw.
    I would agree in the abstract, but given the specific tactics announced by the tau.... The acute senses USR actually lets the suits see fairly far the dark...between accute senses and JSJ (add 6 more inches to how far they'll see!), I think the crisis suits get the alpha strike on the speeders, not the other way around. He does talk about castling up, but then he says he's infiltrating his kroot and mirroring the deployment of speeders with his suits to target them... I'm not sure how many speeders will be left after they get shot up on the bottom of turn one, but their beta strike isn't going to have the weight of fire that you think it does.

Anyway, 16 vehicles sounds like a lot, but I'd guess that 3-4 speeders and 1 vindie go down on turn one (with AV13 and obscuration, 5 railguns won't do any better than that!), and besides, everything in the tau list can bring down the speeders...and that's exactly where the gratuitous S5 shooting from various gun dones and burst cannons will go.

But the icing on the cake is two scoring devilfish. Between the marines having only 21 MEQs (a godsend to the tau!) to deal with (light [AV11 and AV10] vehicles are their bread and butter, and five railguns is enough to handle three AV13 tanks!), those marines coming in units of 5 versus the units of 15 that the kroot have rolled out, and those aforementioned scoring devilfish...I think this one is actually pretty easy for the tau.
    Last edited by Marnepup; March 14th, 2011 at 16:54.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

This match could easily go bad for the Tau if his opponent focuses on taking out the crisis suits...but without tactics, there's no way to know if that's what he's doing. As it stands, I have to assume he's attacking everything equally, and in that case, the Tau is perfectly prepared to counter him.

Tau win.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast