Match 2.06 : Roeven's Fist vs Dream Killers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Match 2.06 : Roeven's Fist vs Dream Killers

Mission: Capture & Control
    Deployment: Pitched Battle
    Map: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Roeven's Fist deploy in the top half and go first.

Roeven's Fist
    List
    "Librarian Roeven" w/ Null Zone, Force Dome
    "alderon" 5 Space marines w/ combi plasma, "conflict" Razorback w/ assault cannon
    "braethen" 5 Space marines w/ combi plasma, "vengeance" Razorback w/ assault cannon
    "croa" 5 Space marines w/ combi plasma, "fury" Razorback w/ assault cannon
    "delvan" 5 Space marines w/ combi plasma, "spectre" Razorback w/ assault cannon
    "raider" 3 land speeders. w/ heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher
    "stealth" 3 land speeders. w/ heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher
    "stalker" 3 land speeders. w/ heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher
    "wave breaker" Vindicator. w/ extra armour
    "pyal’s might" Vindicator. w/ extra armour
    "enduring phoenix" Vindicator. w/ extra armour

Deployment
    None submitted

Tactics
    None submitted

Dream Killers
    List
    “Tuehy (pronounced 2-e). The Killer of Dreams” Keeper of Secrets w/musk, instrument [225]
    “Persephone. Lost, but Never Alone” Herald of Slaanesh w/chariot, musk, unholy might [90]
    “The Masque” [100]
    “The Despoilers” 6 Fiends of Slaanesh [180]
    “The Dissectors” 6 Fiends of Slaanesh [180]
    “Persephone’s Beloved” 6 Fiends of Slaanesh w/unholy might [190]
    “The Hand Maidens of Persephone” 20 Daemonettes of Slaanesh w/instrument [285]
    “The Masque’s Troupe” 20 Daemonettes of Slaanesh w/instrument [285]
    “Faith” Daemon Prince of Slaanesh w/ironhide, pavane, aura of acquiescence [155]
    “Hope” Daemon Prince of Slaanesh w/ironhide, pavane, aura of acquiescence [155]
    “Chastity” Daemon Prince of Slaanesh w/ironhide, pavane, aura of acquiescence [155]

Deployment
    I’m going to split into 2 more or less equal waves: 1st wave = KoS, Herald, 2 units of fiends, 1 unit daemonettes, 1 daemon prince. The rest goes in the 2nd wave. I want to deploy away from the Librarian & impassible terrain if possible, but above all I need to land virtually everything near the land speeders and vindicators, with the Daemon Prince blocking the way of the razorbacks, to keep them from coming too close. If the board starts empty, I’m going to land close to his deployment area, but spread out, to minimize the impact of null zone.

Tactics
    Although null zone is annoying, the biggest threat are the speeders & vindicators. Luckily, many of my units have a 19-24in move + fleet + assault range, so there’s nowhere to hide. I’m glad there are only 2 objectives, because I’m more or less ignoring the SM troops at first, since they don’t have the firepower to take me out on their own. With the vindicators & speeders out of the way, I should be fine. Everything in my list can peel open razorbacks, and then I’ll kill the marines inside, as the units with pavane push away the librarian’s unit as far away as possible.

Vote closes on Thursday 31st of March at 1800 PM. Votes as usual must be in bold, and posted along with a reason. It doesn't have to be good mind you, just written down. Crap reasons will have no negative repercussions aside from your peers thinking you are an idiot.

If no tactics have been submitted, please assume average skill level for that player.

My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A player of average skill level will probably castle around the librarian. I feel terrible about giving this to an army that doesn't have their info, but EVERYTHING in the Space Marine army is extremely effective against daemons, and null zone is the nail in the coffin. Save ignoring speeders, vindicators, and assault cannons are just too much. They will have a turn to shoot, and thats all they will need to cripple the daemons.
    Through victory my chains are broken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Marines
    Demons Deepstrike in and don't shoot. Marines unleash hell and cripple the demons. I think it's going to be hard to recover from that first marine turn of shooting.
    Lets rage!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The marines can spread out and pick off the demons as they fall in.
    Sadly though, i dont approve much of no tactics sent in, so i will give this to the Dream Killers

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Dream Killers

While it is true that marines have a lot of fire power, that is made up for by the daemons having a lot of speed. And while Null Zone is annoying, that can be mitigated somewhat by cover from either terrain or other daemons if played correctly.

A huge concern of the daemons is only having 2 troop choices. If only daemons can combat squad.....sigh. Daemons are just going to have to rush the marines and try to wipe out his troops and their transports. They won't be able to do much against the land speeders though.

Despite their shortcomings, why do I think daemons will win? Because marines will be too tempted to move at combat speed in order to fire their guns. Then BAM!!! Fiends will hit their transports and wreck a lot of vehicles.

It's really a coin toss, but in this case I'll give it to the daemons due their tactics and also due to the lack of tactics from the marine player.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

If I was the SM player I wouldn't have bothered submitting tactics either. Deploy, cast Null Zone, Shoot. Space Marines.

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Ergh, nothing submitted but could still wreck the daemons...

I'm going to give this to the Daemons, he's actually thought it out and found a few ways of countering the other force. Aware of both his strengths and weaknesses. With smart playing against "average" skill, I still think the daemons can make it.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Daemons

1- no D/T
    2- null zone wont matter because his crap is too fast.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Daemons

He is FAST FAST FAST!

If the space marine player played it right, and knew how to counter daemons, I would bet he could pull out a win, but with nothing submitted my guess is he doesn't know what to do vs daemons and was stumped. Figured he'd play it safe, and just send some troops at the enemy base, and keep some back. In the end he loses.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Daemons
    - I favour his deployment and tactics. I'm not going to assume the SM player castles round the libby / pulls any breakneck driving stunts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast