Match 2.14 : Sky Serpents vs Haylad 804th Infantry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Match 2.14 : Sky Serpents vs Haylad 804th Infantry

Mission: Capture & Control
    Deployment: Pitched Battle
    Map: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Sky Serpents deploy in the top half and go first.

Sky Serpents
    List
    "the serpent" Duke Sliscus
    "plethora of pain" 4 kabalite trueborn w/ 4 blasters, raider transport "the night fury" w/ flickerfield
    "the last touch" 4 kabalite trueborn w/ 4 blasters, raider transport "the executioner" w/ flickerfield
    "the essence of torture" 4 kabalite trueborn w/ 4 blasters, raider transport "the harbringer of destruction" w/ flickerfield
    "alpha squadron" 10 kabalite warriors w/ blaster, raider transport "the avenger" w/ flickerfield
    "nova squadron" 10 kabalite warriors w/ blaster, raider transport "myriad of mystery" w/ flickerfield
    "omega squadron" 10 kabalite warriors w/ blaster, raider transport "fiend of speed" w/ flickerfield
    "red squad" 10 kabalite warriors w/ blaster, raider transport "the incarcerator" w/ flickerfield
    "the toxin bearers" 9 kabalite warriors w/ blaster, raider transport "splintered death" w/ flickerfield, splinter racks
    "the silent scream" razorwing jetfighter w/ flickerfield,
    "the final blow" razorwing jetfighter w/ flickerfield,
    "the weaper" razorwing jetfighter w/ flickerfield,

Deployment
    two warrior squads (one with duke sliscus) deploy in the center behind the building
    razorwing jetighters deploy on the 2 hills setting up a crossfire so as not to give away any cover saves.
    rest deploys far back on flanks

Tactics
    turn 1 two central squads move up and position behind building. razorwing jetfighter fire with everything they have at heavy weapon platoon s6 instant kills. if being provided cove by any other squads one razorwing will shoot at this squad followed by all long range anti-tank giving the over razorwings an unobscured view of the heavy weapon squads. the rest stays back tacking pot shots.
    turn 2 two squads disembark move towards the nearest squad rapid firing before charging into assault slowly mincing it. the truebon squads get’s within 12 inches of a diferent squad (the 2nd last one not to have been blown to smithereens or tarpeted. all my remaing units als move closer to this unit firing everything left at it. next turn trueborn (if still alive) will disembark fire and then tarpet if not two more warrior squads will tarpet or probably wipe them out. the last remaing squad will then be systematically hunted down and destroyed

Haylad 804th Infantry
    List
    "Colonel Fless" Company Command Squad w/ regimental standard, 2 meltaguns, krak grenades
    "Major Bahud" Company Command Squad w/ regimental standard, 2 meltaguns, krak grenades

"Platoon Balzar" Infantry Platoon
    "Captain Balzar" Platoon Command Squad w/ 2 meltaguns
    "Kaylith’s Guns" Heavy Weapon Squad w/ 3 autocannons
    "Bortez’s Guns" Heavy Weapon Squad w/ 3 autocannons
    "Cortez’s Guns" Heavy Weapon Squad w/ 3 autocannons
    "Rashad’s Guns" Heavy Weapon Squad w/ 3 autocannons
    "Ugluk’s Guns" Heavy Weapon Squad w/ 3 autocannons
    "Squad Fashid" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Garlin" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Asham" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Parker" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun

"Platoon Heinko" Infantry Platoon
    "Captain Heinko" Platoon Command Squad w/ 2 meltaguns
    "Squad Holdin" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Fagor" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Bubor" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Eldin" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun

"Platoon Spartz" Infantry Platoon
    "Captain Spartz" Platoon Command Squad w/ 2 meltaguns
    "Squad Olaf" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Walsh" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Bartin" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Gubit" Infantry squad w/ meltagun

"Platoon Nomandir" Infantry Platoon
    "Captain Nomadir" Platoon Command Squad w/ 2 meltaguns
    "Squad Fornit" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Frum" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Reelik" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Mashid" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun

"Platoon Gaylish" Infantry Platoon
    "Captain Gaylish" Platoon Command Squad w/ 2 meltaguns
    "Squad Gordub" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Shortab" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Foltin" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun
    "Squad Murtug" Infantry Squad w/ meltagun

Deployment
    Deploy the infantry non blobbed in lines with each squad giving the one behind it cover, with the command squads behind the infantry squads. Leaving 4 of the infantry squads, all 5 heavy weapon squads and a company command squad in reserve to claim my objective.

Tactics
    The rest of the force rushes towards my opponents objective. When I behin to close in my heavy weapon squads will be ready to fire and start busing as many of my opponents transports as possible.

If the objective is near the building I will attempt to hide a squad or two of infantry in there to jump out turn 5 and hopefully contest my opponents objective.

So hold my objective with reserve force of 4 infantry squads a company command squad and 5 heavy weapon squads, contest or take opponents objective with rushing force of 16 infantry squad 5 platoon command squads and 1 company command squad all giving eachother cover.

Vote closes on Thursday 31st of March at 1800 PM. Votes as usual must be in bold, and posted along with a reason. It doesn't have to be good mind you, just written down. Crap reasons will have no negative repercussions aside from your peers thinking you are an idiot.

If no tactics have been submitted, please assume average skill level for that player.

My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haylad 804th Infantry

So many men in tights! Even tho i think it will be quite close in the end, its justs to many rats to deal with.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Sky Serpents

Wow, that's a lot of infantry. What the guardsmen have going against them, though:

1) Sky Serpents going 1st.

2) Lack of mobility to contest.

3) Very short-ranged shooting, other than the autocannon teams.

4) Lots of kabalite warrior rapid-firing guns.

5) Razorwing alpha-strike should be able to take out a lot of the autocannon heavy weapons teams, as well as any collateral damage around them (i.e. guardsmen).

6) A lot of speed for DE.

7) FNP warriors after killing IG units.

8 ) No commisars for a foot list.

What DE has going against them:

1) A lot of guardsmen. Just too many to kill.

2) A lot of autocannons.

3) Inability to tank shock.

4) Lots of meltas = raider auto-kill if in range.

5) No transports for their blasters and lances to take out.

6) DE will lose in assault against blob squads.

7) Did I mention that there were a lot of guardsmen?

Yes, it's a close battle but Sky Serpents win 8-7.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

The Razorwings... Oh the horror...

I do not think the IG will contest the DE object, whatever sets out will be dead after 4 turns of concentrated shooting and having ~60 Dark Eldar charging into them (Emperor forbid some of the units get FnP...). If we assume that then DE win on KPs.

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

With C&C... The superior speed of the Dark Eldar will win it for them IMO. They can fly around from one piece of terrain to another, keeping away from those autocannons and out of range of those meltas while blasting away at those men. Any men foot-slogging forward to try and contest will be cut to pieces and I would expect a last minute contest on the guard objective. First turn and raider spam were the deciding factors.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    Sky Serpents

Wow, that's a lot of infantry. What the guardsmen have going against them, though:

1) Sky Serpents going 1st.

2) Lack of mobility to contest.

3) Very short-ranged shooting, other than the autocannon teams.

4) Lots of kabalite warrior rapid-firing guns.

5) Razorwing alpha-strike should be able to take out a lot of the autocannon heavy weapons teams, as well as any collateral damage around them (i.e. guardsmen).

6) A lot of speed for DE.

7) FNP warriors after killing IG units.

8 ) No commisars for a foot list.

What DE has going against them:

1) A lot of guardsmen. Just too many to kill.

2) A lot of autocannons.

3) Inability to tank shock.

4) Lots of meltas = raider auto-kill if in range.

5) No transports for their blasters and lances to take out.

6) DE will lose in assault against blob squads.

7) Did I mention that there were a lot of guardsmen?

Yes, it's a close battle but Sky Serpents win 8-7.
    He got it, DE
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

DE

It's close, but the speed of the DE will carry them to victory here. They can destroy anything foot slogging that comes for their objective and snag the IG objective end game.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Haylad
    I know i'm going against the grain here, and there really will be one heck of a lot of dead guardsmen by the end, but i think it will grind into a war of attrition - the guard die in droves, the DE lose one or two at a time, then run out of troops.
    I've gone for guard as he hasn't blobbed the infantry. Going to ground with 1-2 stragglers per squad will leave a lot of stragglers milling about, that will be a real mess to kill off and can still injure the T3 DE slowly but surely
    DE just don't have enough units to shoot with - some of that fire will be ineffective (fresh squad or 4 odd milling around? decisions will have to be made)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Haylad 804th

I was gonna say Draw but after looking at what the DE shooting is capable of it just isn't enough to stop 190 running guardsmen before they get those meltaguns in range. The 12 pie plates will help but since the Guard have no reason to bunch up (and if they shoot at squads in the middle they'll get cover saves, and if they shoot at squads in front they're wasting half the template) they just won't be enough. Also since the DE can't tankshock I don't see how they can knock 75 wounds worth of guards off their objective. In fact I don't see how anything is going to make it past the 190 guardsmen without putting themselves in range of enough meltaguns to get blown out of the sky. DE win in assault (esp. after getting a few pain tokens) but will be promptly killed by multiple FRFSRF and getting charged by 30 more guard. Once the auto cannon teams get set up it'll make approaching the Guard objective even more suicidal and that CCS (who hasn't been singled out by the DE player) will make great use of 'Get back in the fight' and 'Bring it Down' orders.

If the DE put their objective to one side in cover and seriously castled they might be able to keep the 190 guard at bay, but there's no way their doing that AND knocking 75 wounds off the other objective.

(Also it slighly mystifies me how some people think this DE list has enough shooting to deal with 265ish wounds worth of models in 32 separate squads this round but not 140ish in 5 bunched up squads last round...)
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Although I like the DE tactics...I just don't see how he's going to kill that many guys. There's virtually no anti-infantry shooting in his list. The sheer weight of men will win this for the IG.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast