Match 3.12 : Task Force Ameterasu vs Strike Force Celestial Rain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Match 3.12 : Task Force Ameterasu vs Strike Force Celestial Rain

Mission: Annihilation
    Deployment: Spearhead
    Map: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Task Force Ameterasu deploy in the top left corner but Strike Force Celestial Rain seize the initiative!

Task Force Ameterasu
    List
    Ezekiel 170
    "Captain Ozymandius" 5th Company Master with jump pack, lightning claws, and plasma pistol 165
    "Ezekiel's Own" Command squad w/ apothecary and two power weapons 155
    "Squad Ichi" Tactical squad w/ 10 marines, power weapon, and lascannon 200
    "Squad Ni" Tactical squad w/ 10 marines, power weapon, and lascannon 200
    "Squad San" Tactical squad w/ 10 marines, power weapon, and lascannon 200
    "Squad Roku" Tactical squad w/ 10 marines, power weapon, and lascannon 200
    "Squad Kusinaga" Assault squad w/ 10 marines power fist on sergeant, plasma pistol on one marine 275
    "Squad Basan" Devastator squad w/ 10 marines and 4x plasma cannon 265
    "Haia'ji" Whirlwind 85
    "Nai'no'kami" Whirlwind 85

Deployment
    Nothing will combat-squad. I’ll deploy the two whirlwinds as mobile cover, one behind the other in the top right corner of my deployment zone. Behind them, with just the lascannons peeking out, two tactical squads with LOS down the road between the park and the ruins. Ezekiel and squad will deploy here as well for countercharge. One tactical squad will deploy in my ruins where it can see everything from the park over. One tactical squad will deploy behind the building with the lascannon exposed to see same thing. The devastators go in the building and the assault squad behind it.

Tactics
    Target priority for lascannons is vindicators, then the crusader, then razorbacks, then bikes, then infantry. Target priority for plasma cannons is infantry (including bikes) without any save (i.e. in the open), then razorbacks (and side armor on vindicators), then infantry with cover, then termies/boosted bikes. When the termies dismount, they get torrented by everything I’ve got. Zeke will look to charge any infantry that gets close (except terminators, but especially including bikes), and the assault squad will jump over the building to charge infantry (unless I’m shooting them with four plasma cannons) or any vehicle but the crusader.

Strike Force Celestial Rain
    List
    "Sarek" - Librarian w/ storm bolter, Shield of Sanguinius, The Sanguine Sword
    "Squad Stigma" - 5 Assault Terminators 3 w/ ThunderHammer/Storm Shield 2 With Lightning Claws, "Divine Fury" Land Raider Crusader w/ Multi Melta
    "Priest Artucko" - 1 Sanguinary Priest
    "Priest Bartholomé" - 1 Sanguinary Priest
    "Alpha" Assault Squad - 6 marines w/ Meltagun and Power Fist, "Spirit of Dante" Razorback
    "Beta" Assault Squad - 6 marines w/ Meltagun and Power Fist, "Red Fury" Razorback
    "Delta" Assault Squad - 5 marines w/ Meltagun and Power Fist, "Blessing of Sanguinius" Razorback
    "Epsilon" Assault Squad - 5 marines w/ Meltagun and Power Fist, "Black Death" Razorback
    "Gamma" 2x Attack Bike w/ Multi Melta
    "Omega" 2x Attack Bike w/ Multi Melta
    "Faith" - Vindicator w/ Siege Shield
    "Hope" - Vindicator w/ Siege Shield
    "Trust" - Vindicator w/ Siege Shield

Deployment
    None submitted

Tactics
    None submitted

Vote closes on Friday the 6th of May at 1800 PM. Votes as usual must be in bold, and posted along with a reason. It doesn't have to be good mind you, just written down. Crap reasons will have no negative repercussions aside from your peers thinking you are an idiot.

If no tactics have been submitted, please assume average skill level for that player.

My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

DA

Lascannons will stop the worst of the vindicator fire, which is a huge plus. Those bikes are toast (though i think the devastators would be the one unit worth combat squadding, 2 plasma is enough to deal with just about anything in that list thats not a terminator) and theres very little return fire, a few razorbacks and thats about it.

Turn 2 and the land raider is probably stopped along with the bikes. However the razorbacks are able to drop off the cargo and get some assaults going. LD 10 will keep the marines in the fight and after a while those PW's will take their toll.

From then on every unit the BA get into assault will hurt, but the Da have deployed defensivly enough to slow them down and keep generating those KP's.

Its close, but they have it.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strike Force Celestial Rain 4 lascannons and 4 plasmas just won't be enough to take down that armour before the vindicators blow up the devestators and after that he can just sit there blowing holes into the tactical and assault squads

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

DA

He knows what's a significant threat, and he's focusing his fire there. It'd be a good match, but the lascannon heavy DA definitely have the advantage.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Both lists are flawed, but the BA less so. Sieze initiative puts payed to the dismal DA firepower destroying enough vehicles to stave off defeat. BA.

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

DA For one, those priorities listed and considering cover as an option to NOT get his marines turned into some kind of maroon paste by those vindicators. As far as I'm concerned, definitely enough anti-mech to handle them. Even with the BA speed, they'll be hit really hard, and in annihilation you can't have that!
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

DA
    Good tactics, make what you have work. As a fellow DA player i will also say, you're really brave bringing DA to the votewar (mine are pretty much retired at the moment although i love, love love the faq)
    The Hideous amount of anti-tank used by celestrial rain amounts to squat without any vehicles that require los to fire, in annhialation however those razorbacks will make a nice popping noise, and 5/6 man squads are running about (with assorted characters attached.)
    Kill points is it ?
    Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; May 6th, 2011 at 10:18.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by roferl View Post
    Strike Force Celestial Rain 4 lascannons and 4 plasmas just won't be enough to take down that armour before the vindicators blow up the devestators and after that he can just sit there blowing holes into the tactical and assault squads
    This.

4 lascannons is pitiful as the only source of AT. Just by giving each squad a melta, I would've voted for DA. To make matters worse, BA steals the initiative and gets 1 turn of free fire with 3 vindicator pie plates into a infantry-heavy army. Also, the LRC needs only weather 1 turn of shooting (as opposed to 2 if BA went second) before it drops its payload to multi-charge 2 DA tact squads.

Strike Force Celestial Rain
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

4 - 3 to the Emo Angels!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread