Match 5.06 : Isha's Pin vs Guardians of Faith - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Match 5.06 : Isha's Pin vs Guardians of Faith

Game Type: Seize Ground (3 objectives), Pitched Battle

Isha's Pin deploy in the top half/left corner and go first.

Isha's Pin
    List
    "Creidann" (counts as Eldrad)
    8 warlocks one w/ embolden, one w/ enhance
    "Ferry of Souls" Wave Serpent w/ spirit stone, shuriken cannons
    "Wall of Hope (pt1)" 5 Dire Avengers, "Portcullis of Rhhidhol" Wave serpent w/ shuriken cannons, star engine
    "Wall of Hope (pt2)" 5 Dire Avengers, "Gatekeeper of the Starless Night" Wave serpent w/ shuriken cannons, star engine
    "Wall of Hope (pt3)" 5 Dire Avengers, "Warden of the Dale" Wave serpent w/ Shuriken cannons, star engine
    "The Embers (pt1)" 5 Fire Dragons "Hunters Moon" Wave Serpent w/ scatter lasers
    "The Embers (pt2)" 5 Fire Dragons "The Evening Sun" Wave Serpent w/ scatter lasers
    "The Embers (pt3)" 5 Fire Dragons "Orbit of the Western Stars" Wave Serpent w/ Missile launchers
    "Kaelor" Fire Prism
    "Shelwe" Fire Prism
    "Periaigh" Fire Prism

Deployment
    Set up along the edge nearly sideways. The idea being to put shuri cannon pressure everywhere. My opponent will likely try to reduce the number of vulnerable rhinos, but that’s what Eldrad’s repositioning is meant to counter, along with increasing the odds of good match ups later.

Tactics
    For tactics at a high level I keep my eye on the prize. This is seize ground, mechdar’s playing field, and my opponent doesn’t really have the ability to counter this many tank shocking skimmers unless things really go their way, so I watch out for plays on my troops and the like. I also bear in mind this is old dex daemonhunters.

Early moves are probably to move up and try to get some rhinos and stormtroops with the s6 stuff first and then other weaponry as needed.

I likely occupy the building with some group. If he foolishly puts the assassin there a fortuned flat out serpent skips over to complete the seal and dragons bring it down on top of the assassin. The forward serpent then uses it’s star engine for better positioning afterwards. This can also work on unwary land raiders.

. I like to keep dragons alive, but against high value raiders and with incinerators around a trade is fine. Once the incinerators are demeched I’m much freer to use the warlocks. Eldrad’s retry on fortune should set them up well for melee and against other shooting if it comes to that. They love getting at dreds.

Guardians of Faith
    List
    “Belical” Grand Master w/ psychic hood,
    “the stormbanes”. 7 grey knight terminators, incinerator
    "Inquisitor Zept" w/ bolt pistol, targeter, 3 heavy bolter servitors
    “The unseen” Vindicare assassin
    “Genehunters” 5 inquisitorial stormtroopers w/ 2 meltas, “the fire magnet” rhino w/ smoke launchers, extra armour
    “The forgottens” 5 inquisitorial stormtroopers w/ 2 meltas, “the silent ride” rhino w/ smoke launchers, extra armour
    “The Faith bearers” 10 grey knights w/ 2 incinerators, “The unstoppable” Land raider
    “Shield of the emperor” Land raider crusader
    “Ancient brother Morakan” Grey knight dreadnought w/ twin linked lascannon
    “Venerable brother Aladir” Grey knight dreadnought w/ twin linked lascannon

Deployment
    I will deploy my land raiders around the middle of my deployment with the rest of my army behind them to get cover. The inquisitor instead deploys behind the wall to the right and my vindicare deploys in the forest to the right.

Tactics
    Okay. The things that most go first are the fire prisms as they can destroy my raiders. A few lascannons should do the trick. The fire dragons are also a high priority because… well meltas are never fun. I will do a general advance against the objectives and try to stay as a gathered force as long as possible. If I make it to close combat with his fast space elves a big smile will spread on my face. And with only three troop choices he will have to play defensive not to get killed which means that I can get to the objectives first.
    Emperor protects!

Vote closes on Saturday the 4th of June at 1800 PM. Votes as usual must be in bold, and posted along with a reason. It doesn't have to be good mind you, just written down. Crap reasons will have no negative repercussions aside from your peers thinking you are an idiot.

If no tactics have been submitted, please assume average skill level for that player.

My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Eldar

Eldars usual advantage, speed speed speed, as well as being able to neautralise the deamonhunter anti tank see's them through.

Those dragons can and will melt the raiders, and the S6 stuff can nail the rhinos and their cargo. Whilst he didnt say what the prisms are doing, I would imagine the dreadnoughts are a prioritory.

The deamonhunters may well be able to disable the prisms and inflict a few casulatys, especially with that terminator squad. However with eldrads seer council, hes got the perfect roadblock to tie them up, then just skip around contesting objectives.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Eldar

This is almost a textbook mission for them.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Eldar with the mobility, speed, firepower and first turn are going to sting. Textbook Eldar. It's old GK, which tend to struggle, particularly against something like this. 3 objectives and the 'dar are just going to be skipping around them with maypoles and merry-go-rounds. Ouch!
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Eldar

The objective games are hard not to give to mech-dar. + his t/d is sound, and the old knights lack the ability to stop them from taking this game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Yeah, although I can't fault most of the GK player's logic, this is the setup Eldar players dream of. They are going to roast the marines alive. It may have helped if the GK focused on the fire dragons instead of the fire prisms.

Win for Eldar.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

5-0 to the Eldar.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread