Match 5.11 : Hive Fleet Aggamemnus vs Dream Killers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Match 5.11 : Hive Fleet Aggamemnus vs Dream Killers

Game Type: Annihilation, Spearhead

Hive Fleet Aggamemnus deploy in the top left corner and go first.

Hive Fleet Aggamemnus
    List
    "The Harbinger of the Swarm" Swarmlord w/ 1 Tyrant guard
    "The Banes of Perseron" 3 Hive guard
    "The Hive protectors" 3 Hive guard
    "The Watchers" 3 Hive guard
    "Brood Mother" Tervigon w/ Adrenal Glands, Toxin sacs, Catalyst, Cluster Spines
    "The Brood" 30 Termaguants w/ Fleshborers
    "She Who Spawns" Tervigon w/ Adrenal Glands, Toxin sacs, Catalyst, Cluster Spines
    "The Spawn" 30 Termaguants w/ Fleshborers
    "The Hidden lurkers" 8 genestealers w/ Broodlord
    "Death from Skies Above" Harpy w/ TL Heavy Venom Cannon, Adrenal Glands
    "Last Shadow" Harpy w/ TL Heavy Venom Cannon, Adrenal Glands

Deployment
    I'll form a defensive ring atfirst, to counter the worst of his speedy elements. Swarmlord in the middlejust in front of the ruin, with the two termaguant broods deployed either side,circling round. Tervigons go in the back of these broods to prevent them beingpavaned too far away. HG all go behind the Guants, Harpies behind on flanks.Genestealers infiltrate into the tower.

Tactics
    When his MC’s drop they’ll quickly be countered. All HG broods shoot the KoS.They inflict 12 hits and 10 wounds. With a 4++ and only 4 wounds, he’s certainly dead. When he’s gone, 2 broods shoot the masque, killing her (2wounds with 3+ save, HG force 4 saves each) whilst the 3rd targets chariot.Harpies target this too, as their guns are also Ap4. Combined they may kill it,if they don’t it’ll have 1-2 wounds left.

The daemon princes will also die quickly. Those Gaunts have poison, counter attack, furious charge, will be given FnP and preferred enemy, and have their target made WS1. Even with grenades, DP’s still die. DP’s are first, then fiends.

Genestealers will assault weakened units from the tower, preferably along with Guants.

Swarmlord paroxisms DP’s for the guants, until he can assault them, then kills fiends.

Deamonettes are dealt with last, when in range, the harpies drop D3 S4 large blasts each, then fire their weapons. If there’s not much left, Tervigons can spawn Guants to help,otherwise they hold back to preserve KP.

Dream Killers
    List
    “Tuehy (pronounced 2-e). The Killer of Dreams” Keeper of Secrets w/musk, instrument [225]
    “Persephone. Lost, but Never Alone” Herald of Slaanesh w/chariot, musk, unholy might [90]
    “The Masque” [100]
    “The Despoilers” 6 Fiends of Slaanesh [180]
    “The Dissectors” 6 Fiends of Slaanesh [180]
    “Persephone’s Beloved” 6 Fiends of Slaanesh w/unholy might [190]
    “The Hand Maidens of Persephone” 20 Daemonettes of Slaanesh w/instrument [285]
    “The Masque’s Troupe” 20 Daemonettes of Slaanesh w/instrument [285]
    “Faith” Daemon Prince of Slaanesh w/ironhide, pavane, aura of acquiescence [155]
    “Hope” Daemon Prince of Slaanesh w/ironhide, pavane, aura of acquiescence [155]
    “Chastity” Daemon Prince of Slaanesh w/ironhide, pavane, aura of acquiescence [155]

Deployment
    I’m going to split into 2 more or less equal waves: 1st wave = KoS, Herald, 2 units of fiends, 1 unit daemonettes, 1 daemon prince. The rest goes in the 2nd wave. I’ll drop my force on one of side of his forces, & away from the termagaunts if possible. If he starts completely in reserve, I’ll spread out along the middle of the board, & not too close to edges, surrounding my monstrous creatures with infantry.

Tactics
    With all my invulnerable saves, I’m not that worried about their shooting, & I’ll beat the gaunts to the punch in close combat. My main worries are to make sure my monstrous creatures don’t get ganged up on and swarmed by gaunts & genestealers. I’ll block with daemonettes and fiends, use pavane to move the gaunts out of the way, & then charge the tervigons. With them gone, it shouldn’t be hard to win, since it’s annihilation.

Vote closes on Saturday the 4th of June at 1800 PM. Votes as usual must be in bold, and posted along with a reason. It doesn't have to be good mind you, just written down. Crap reasons will have no negative repercussions aside from your peers thinking you are an idiot.

If no tactics have been submitted, please assume average skill level for that player.

My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Test, as this didn't take my last post.

Alright it seems to be working now.

Anyway I figure there should at least be one vote for this match

I think the Daemon player is underestimating how dangerous the Tyranid shooting is going to be, and if they have bad drops they're going to get mowed down. They're going to take a beating even with good drops. He's almost certainly going to lose whichever HQ drops first.

However I think the Daemon player has a point with pavane and I think the Tyranid player did themselves a diservice castling up in the center. If the Daemons can clear a pavane path to the Tervigons and kill them with their fast elements than the nearby termagaunt squads will largely self destruct.

After that things should tilt the Daemons way.

Again, if they don't manage the tervigon maneuver I think they're doomed, but I like the flavor of that and think it might work, so I'll go Daemon.
    Last edited by sunnyside; May 31st, 2011 at 23:35.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Dream Killers

This is going to be a tough fight for either sides. However, the VIP units here will be the fiends. Nids need to concentrate on them first and foremost and then the daemonettes. If not, then they're going to get rended to death. Fiends have the volume of attacks (and S5!) necessary to wipe out any of the tyranid units. A squad of 6 puts out 36 rending S5 attacks on the charge. Then you've got 3 squads of them. Concentrating on the monstrous daemons is a mistake. He needs to take out the renders first.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

I6, Rending and multiple attacks. Daemons People say that Slaanesh is too weak, well, yes, T3 is a bit low, but when you kill whatever's trying to kill you before it has a chance... it's not nearly as bad.

Nids should not have centered around those ruins, particularly when there's a nice open area nearby for the daemons to drop into. Smart T&D by the daemons player pushes this over the edge.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Tyranids

If the DP's die early enough the Daemons won't have a path to the tervigons. No path + Deamon's under-estimating the shooting capabilities of the Tyranid may push this in their favor. I feel it will be close either way. As those rending attacks will make a mess out of the tryanids. I think it's close, but I think the Nids might eek this one out.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

3-1 to the daemons.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread