Match 7.03 : Dream Killers vs Isha's Pin - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Match 7.03 : Dream Killers vs Isha's Pin

Game Type: Annihilation, Dawn of War

Any unit that cannot regroup are now small enough to hide (i.e. immediately destroyed). Otherwise they cannot move off the table and so will hang around until they rally. Walls and pillars are solid, 12" high and nothing can park on them - but barrage can fire over everything.

Dream Killers deploy in the top half but Isha's Pin seize the initiative!

Dream Killers
    List
    “Tuehy (pronounced 2-e). The Killer of Dreams” Keeper of Secrets w/musk, instrument [225]
    “Persephone. Lost, but Never Alone” Herald of Slaanesh w/chariot, musk, unholy might [90]
    “The Masque” [100]
    “The Despoilers” 6 Fiends of Slaanesh [180]
    “The Dissectors” 6 Fiends of Slaanesh [180]
    “Persephone’s Beloved” 6 Fiends of Slaanesh w/unholy might [190]
    “The Hand Maidens of Persephone” 20 Daemonettes of Slaanesh w/instrument [285]
    “The Masque’s Troupe” 20 Daemonettes of Slaanesh w/instrument [285]
    “Faith” Daemon Prince of Slaanesh w/ironhide, pavane, aura of acquiescence [155]
    “Hope” Daemon Prince of Slaanesh w/ironhide, pavane, aura of acquiescence [155]
    “Chastity” Daemon Prince of Slaanesh w/ironhide, pavane, aura of acquiescence [155]

Deployment
    None submitted

Tactics
    None submitted

Isha's Pin
    List
    "Creidann" (counts as Eldrad)
    8 warlocks one w/ embolden, one w/ enhance
    "Ferry of Souls" Wave Serpent w/ spirit stone, shuriken cannons
    "Wall of Hope (pt1)" 5 Dire Avengers, "Portcullis of Rhhidhol" Wave serpent w/ shuriken cannons, star engine
    "Wall of Hope (pt2)" 5 Dire Avengers, "Gatekeeper of the Starless Night" Wave serpent w/ shuriken cannons, star engine
    "Wall of Hope (pt3)" 5 Dire Avengers, "Warden of the Dale" Wave serpent w/ Shuriken cannons, star engine
    "The Embers (pt1)" 5 Fire Dragons "Hunters Moon" Wave Serpent w/ scatter lasers
    "The Embers (pt2)" 5 Fire Dragons "The Evening Sun" Wave Serpent w/ scatter lasers
    "The Embers (pt3)" 5 Fire Dragons "Orbit of the Western Stars" Wave Serpent w/ Missile launchers
    "Kaelor" Fire Prism
    "Shelwe" Fire Prism
    "Periaigh" Fire Prism

Deployment
    For deployment I put out both DA and warlocks, serpents up at the top and then fanning them out fully down and around the corridors to deny spots for deepstrikers to land. Forcing him to shoot for the lower right “L” or into his DZ. The “L” can be capped w only two skimmers and much of its space could put him out of charge range. Some drops into his DZ will be out of charge range of my units if the serps do a pull back.

Tactics
    This map gives me some advantages in this match up. All that impassable and “off table” terrain will make deepstriking dangerous especially for squads, and a single mishap could hurt their game a lot. Also while the blocks of impassable terrain don’t really impede my movement, it allows me to block off paths with my skimmers. I’ll be doing a lot of that, to allow my guys to shoot but not be assaulted or meaningfully pavaned. Even wrecked serpents are difficult and dangerous terrain so I wouldn’t be surprised if some serpents destroy a number of daemons after they’re down. Exploding serps can hurt slaanesh forces and still leave difficult terrain(dangerous for DSers).

When I come on I’ve got four pie plates for squads, and am generally trying to kill what can reach me. Priority will be on the dangerous and fast but fragile fiends and daemonettes. Obviously skimmers keep cruising if enemy are going to be able to charge.

Vote closes on Tuesday the 21st of June at 1800 PM. Votes as usual must be in bold, and posted along with a reason. It doesn't have to be good mind you, just written down. Crap reasons will have no negative repercussions aside from your peers thinking you are an idiot.

If no tactics have been submitted, please assume average skill level for that player.

My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Eldar

Map with lots of miss-hapable terrain and eldar tactics to fill the gaps with bodies are going to give deamons a lot of issues. Also if I interpreted the eldar tactics right, he's attempting to restrict deamons to the two L shaped blocks. I would imagine thats going to split deamons forces in two, seeing as theres going to be very little space for dropping in.

On a normal map, Id probably go deamons. But abusing the risk of misshaps to the full, and having a fair few ways to deal with the big threats of feinds (prisms/serpents) aswell as being able to kill units like the princes (dragons) I think eldar will kill more than they lose.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Terrible map and match up for the Daemons. Eldar.

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Eldar. Knows what's going on, smart play, thought about how the Daemons are going to DS (bad news for your health...). What doesn't die on the way down, will be shot to bits.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar

I don't think the Daemons will even get half of their forces down.
    BATTLESHEEP

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Eldar

This map is a deepstriking nightmare, add to that tactics that exploit this fact and your going to have a very difficult time.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Eldar.

This is a terrible map for daemons. It's almost an auto-lose as the map could potentially do more damage than opponent can.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

6-0 to Eldar.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread