Match 7.06 : 14th Company 3rd Regiment vs Harvesters of Khorne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Match 7.06 : 14th Company 3rd Regiment vs Harvesters of Khorne

Game Type: Capture and Control, Spearhead

Any unit that cannot regroup are now small enough to hide (i.e. immediately destroyed). Otherwise they cannot move off the table and so will hang around until they rally. Walls and pillars are solid, 12" high and nothing can park on them - but barrage can fire over everything.

14th Company 3rd Regiment deploy in the top left corner and go first.

14th Company 3rd Regiment
    List
    “The Commander” Sunray Major (Commissar Yarrick) 185
    "Infantry Platoon Alpha"
    "Zero Alpha" Platoon Command w/ Grenade Launcher, Lascannon
    "One Alpha" Platoon Squad w/ Grenade Launcher, Lascannon
    "Two Alpha" Platoon Squad w/ Grenade Launcher, Lascannon
    "Zero Bravo" Veteran Squad w/ 3 Meltaguns, Demolitions, Veteran Sergeant "Sunray Bravo" w/ Powerfist, "Zero Bravo /A" Chimera with Hunter Killer Missile
    "Zero Charlie" Veteran Squad w/ 3 Plasmaguns, Demolitions, Veteran Sergeant "Sunray Charlie" w/ Powerfist, "Zero Charlie /A" Chimera with Hunter Killer Missile
    "Scout Zero Delta" Sentinel Scout Squadron - 3 Sentinels w/ Autocannons and Hunter Killer Missiles
    "Scout Zero Echo" Sentinel Scout Squadron - 3 Sentinels w/ Autocannons and Hunter Killer Missiles
    "Scout Zero Foxtrot" Sentinel Scout Squadron - 3 Sentinels w/ Autocannons and Hunter Killer Missiles
    "Zero Golf" Hydra Flak Battery - 2 Hydras w/ Hunter Killer Missiles
    "Zero Hotel" Leman Russ Battle Tank Squadron - 2 Demolishers with Lascannon, Hunter Killer Missiles, Dozer Blades
    "Zero India" Ordnance Battery - 2 Griffons w/ Hunter Killer Missiles

Deployment
    None submitted

Tactics
    None submitted

Harvesters of Khorne
    List
    Kharn the Betrayer
    "The Doombringers" 5 terminators, mark of khorne, 4 with combi-meltas, 1 champion with chainfist and heavy flamer: 230
    "Rancid Apathy" Land Raider Designated Transport, daemonic possession
    "The Scorned" 5 terminators, mark of khorne, 4 champions with dual lightning claws, 1 regular terminator with chainfist and heavy flamer
    "Cacophonous Tranquility" Land Raider Designated Transport, daemonic possession
    "The Reapers" 8 berzerkers, skull champion with fist
    "The Unrepentent" 7 berzerkers
    "Dulled Transcendence" Land Raider w/ daemonic posession
    "Furious Absolution" Land Raider w/ daemonic posession

Deployment
    None submitted

Tactics
    None submitted

Vote closes on Tuesday the 21st of June at 1800 PM. Votes as usual must be in bold, and posted along with a reason. It doesn't have to be good mind you, just written down. Crap reasons will have no negative repercussions aside from your peers thinking you are an idiot.

If no tactics have been submitted, please assume average skill level for that player.

My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Oh no! The IG only have 1 squad that has melta. I think Chaos can cause enough trouble to win this.

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

I love me some Raider spam Chaos. Any other list, it would have ended in just piles, and piles of torn flesh and twisted metal. This list however, will hit like a hammer, or 4.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guard

I love me some mech guard! I don't think enough of the LRs will hit their targets.
    BATTLESHEEP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Chaos

They don't have nearly enough melta to deal with those Land Raiders.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Chaos

Haha wo, a 4 LR list against a list w/ 3 Meltas? Sorry, but 3LCs even with Orders will not pop those bad boys, especially with all that cover. Tough and unlucky matchup for the Guard player.
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

I think the guard are being given a slightly raw deal here. They've actually got 5 lascannons, 2 S10 ordinance blasts, 2 S10 blasts (I think) from the demolitions, and 3 meltas, all of which are capable of killing the raiders. Theyve also got 17 hunter killer missles, and whilst they wont kill the raiders they can sure as hell slow them down or knock weapons off. Every lascannon lost is going to hurt the chaos pretty badly, when you consider they're BS3 (admittedly TL, but your only looking at 6 hits a turn) and that one raider will have to stay behind to take the chaos objective.

So perhaps against the grain, I say guard take it.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    I think the guard are being given a slightly raw deal here. They've actually got 5 lascannons, 2 S10 ordinance blasts, 2 S10 blasts (I think) from the demolitions, and 3 meltas, all of which are capable of killing the raiders.
    Demo charges are S8 ordinance FYI. The lascannons and missiles might have done enough if all the Land Raiders weren't Daemonically Possessed (ignore all stunned and shaken results).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kroxigor01 View Post
    Demo charges are S8 ordinance FYI.
    Ah. Well okay, slight setback, but im standing by the rest of it. The demolishers and the meltas will probably bag a land raider each, and theres a fair chance the lascannons might get one aswell, or at least immobelise it. But the main thing is how are chaos going to claim the objectives? The guard have so many vehicles they could just swamp them. Theres 9 sentinels could happily outflank, how are chaos going to kill them all and prevent them from contesting, not to mention the various amounts of other vehicles lying around. Chaos have 2 troops choices, so effectivly one per objective. I just dont see how they can wade through to the guard objective and prevent their own being contested.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    Ah. Well okay, slight setback, but im standing by the rest of it.
    Dude, it's what you think. Stand by it (which you're doing, which is good ). There are more chaos votes, so a victory to them. But by voting what you think, and not with everyone else, you can alter the percentage and better reflect the views of the voters.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast