Doubles 40k Votewar? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member impending slaughter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Doubles 40k Votewar?

I went to a tourny a while back, where they paired you up with a random partner against other doubles. The army size was 750 combat patrols each, combining to 1500 between the partners. I was just wondering what everyone thinks of this as a votewar idea. Could it work here?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

I don't really like it, but that's just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of random doubles,as it forced you to be tacticly flexable,but if they spring it upon you out of the blue,or the do it to death(iv played a lot of doubles tournements they just make me shudder now)
    BC
    wow. now that was interesting

This is a part where i'm ment to 'big up' my clubs forum-
    Visit

Marvel at its brilliance
    Marvel at its sheer scale
    Marvel at the 6 core posters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-i really don't think the combat patrol rules work at 750pts, and it would be annoying to have your fate tied to someone else's.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I dont think that double combat would be a good votewar rule, it would depend to greatly on how well the two players work together, and too little on the actual lists. So its a no go, sorry.

TJK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by impending slaughter
    I went to a tourny a while back, where they paired you up with a random partner against other doubles. The army size was 750 combat patrols each, combining to 1500 between the partners. I was just wondering what everyone thinks of this as a votewar idea. Could it work here?
    If it was FB I'd be intrested, say 500 pts each

We would probally need organised teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by TJK
    If it was FB I'd be intrested, say 500 pts each

We would probally need organised teams.
    500 points is far too small. It should be 1500 pts per player as many armies have required purchases that make it unfeasible to have battles that low (that's the reason I avoided the votewar mini. 1000 points does not allow for fully fleshed out armies, IMO.

But also, like others said if one player manages to get a very bad partner, he'd lose even if his army is the best in the votewar.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Well that is true a bad partner can really mess things up but that is what makes it great. Seriously how is that any different than rolling dice it is unlikely but possible that you only roll ones throughout the whole battle.

Just my opinion and id be in but suggest that you make it 1000 points and amend the necessary requrements such as one troop and a maximum of 2 of the other catagories so that you dont have say 6 basilisks in one combined army although it would be really cool to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Deek
    Well that is true a bad partner can really mess things up but that is what makes it great. Seriously how is that any different than rolling dice it is unlikely but possible that you only roll ones throughout the whole battle.

Just my opinion and id be in but suggest that you make it 1000 points and amend the necessary requrements such as one troop and a maximum of 2 of the other catagories so that you dont have say 6 basilisks in one combined army although it would be really cool to play.
    The difference is that it is way, way more likely. Rolling all one is somewhere on the order of
    1:10^1000
    Bad partner is something like
    1:4
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

+ Reply to Thread