VoteWar mkII, eldar vs. chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

VoteWar mkII, eldar vs. chaos

Random Mission: Secure and control

Pride of Evisu
    (Alaitoc Craftworld)
    ---

HQ (34:

Farseer
    + Jetbike
    + Mind War
    + Singing Spear

Farseer
    + Jetbike
    + Fortune
    + Runes of Witnessing
    + 2 Warlock
    ++ Jetbikes
    ++ Destructor, Destructor
    ++ Witchblade+SP, Witchblade+SP

---

Troops (22:

4 Rangers
    4 Rangers
    3 Rangers
    3 Rangers

---

Elite (720):

9 Striking Scorpions
    1 Scorpion Exarch
    + Scorpion Claw
    in Wave Serpent
    + Linked Bright Lances

9 Striking Scorpions
    1 Scorpion Exarch
    + Scorpion Claw
    in Wave Serpent
    + Linked Bright Lances

3 Alaitoc Path-Finders

---

HS (540):

Falcon
    + Shuriken Cannon
    + Starcannon
    + Holofield
    + Spirit Stone

Falcon
    + Shuriken Cannon
    + Starcannon
    + Holofield
    + Spirit Stone

Wraithlord
    + Flamer, Flamer
    + Bright Lance

Tactics:
    Fairly easy-to-use list, with a balance between anti-MEQ firepower and anti-horde weaponry. Heavy investment in surgical strike unit of Farseer w/ 2 Warlocks; versatile use of anti-armour or anti-infantry. Lone farseer performs hit-and-run duties, using combination of singing spear to attack armour and mind war to attack heavy weapons or power claws.

----------------------------

Army of the Ultimate Super Villians

Chaos Space Marines (Khorne)

Lord
    Mark of Khorne
    Axe of Khorne
    Deamonic Flight
    Deamonic Strength
    Deamonic Resiliance
    Deamonic Aura
    Feel No Pain
    Furious Charge
    155 pts

Lieutenant
    Mark of Khorne
    Berserker Glaive
    Terminator Armour
    Deamonic Strength
    130 pts

8 Bloodletters
    208 pts

8 Bloodletters
    208 pts

7 Bikers
    All have Mark of Khorne and Chain Axes
    1 Aspiring Champion
    Mark of Khorne
    Powerfist
    Deamonic Strength
    Talisan of Burning Blood
    184 pts

7 Berserkers
    1 Aspiring Champion
    Mark of Khorne
    Powerfist
    Deamonic Strength
    Talisman of Burning Blood
    184 pts

15 Berserkers
    1 Aspiring Champion
    Mark of Khorne
    Powerfist
    Deamonic Strength
    Talisman of Burning Blood
    394 pts

Predator
    Twinlinked lascannon
    Lascannon Sposons
    Mutated Hull
    Deamonic Possession
    195 pts

Tactics. The bikes and all of the other squads of berserkers adbance toward the enemy the bikes using their speed to get to cover when possible and to the enemy sooner. Each unit (bikes, and berserkers carry an icon) and summon the deamons at an opportune moment. The Predator is used to pop out and start blasting at anything with an AV until it has destroyed everything or gets destroyed, the upgrades on it will make this a dificult task for all but he most sophisticated weapons or skilled users. The Lieutenant is used to deep strike and then cause mayhem savagely destroying the troops. The lord's job is to zip up the sidelines similiar to the bikes and attack using his large amount of attacks and potential to get extra attacks from his weapon by rolling a six to hit to destroy infantry units. Each of the Aspiring Champions is equiped with extra strength and the powerfist just incase the opponet tries to hold them off by putting a vehical in their path and if the Predator gets destroyed before it finishes its job.

Fluff. The Army is the remaining space marines from an entire company of mortificators that gave themselves over to khorne. The lord engages the enemy on his own hoping to increase his favor with his god Khorne and the lieutenant uses the berserker glaive to gain favor or Khorne and compete with his mortal lord. Becuse they are just a breakaway faction they have no access to armories or means of industry so all but one vehical has been destroyed and the surviving has been possesed by a deamon to insure its job is done. This is also the reason every unit has a cc weapon as amuniton is a rare thing.

Hope that is everything you need and I'm not to late. If you see an error please inform me and I tripple checked my math but this is my first Khorne 40k list so please don't banish my list because of my inability to add.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- i vote chaos for fluffiest their list is decent, and the aliatoc army has a weird mix of tanks, aspects, and rangers that makes it unlikely to be fluffy

- i vote eldar for killing power as they just have to sit back and shoot, and the marines are doomed, also they can counter charge effectivly with scorpions and wraithlord, into the greatly diminished chaos.

- i vote eldar for mission as they are much faster, and dont rampage randomly around.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

Ok, here we go.

Fluff
    The second list has a cool background but the Alatoic eldar conform beautifully without an excess of wraithlords and starcannons.

My fluff vote goes to the alatoic eldar

Secure and control
    The Chaos only have bikers to rely on for speed and securing the objective. With far more maneuverability, the Eldar will ahve an easy time running circles around the Khorn force and taking the objective.

My vote for the mission at hand goes to the Eldar

Killing power
    The Khorne list has a lot of incredible close combat power but will have a difficult time actually gettiing into combat. The eldar need only blow up the predator and kill the Daemon prince and bikers and then the Khorne will have no more units effective at bloing up the falcons and wave serpants.

My vote for the army with the most killing power goes to the Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

What Tiaxrulesall said.

So,
    Fluffyness: Khorne
    Killyness: eldar
    Missionness: eldar
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Fluff: Abstain...

Killyness: The eldar arent proticularly powerful at shooty or assault, but are fairly manaourable.

While the korn is quiet manourvorable, and pretty deadly in CC. My vote goes to the korn.

Objective: Sigh, i dont have my rule book handy, this is the mission where you go and pick up loot counters? if so bikes cant pick up ojbectives, so eldar.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x4)

Hmmm...tough one....

I think the Khorne would have a hard time of controlling the mission, and the eldar falcons will just reap through anything with their starcannons. While the wraithlord will make short work of anything else. However, the rest of the army doesn't seem particularly good, despite having a possibility of holding up some of the nastier units. The khorne lord, however will surely kill a huge host of things, and if he can distract the wraithlord he will go through everything.

Fluff - Khorne
    Mission - Eldar
    Frags - Khorne

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Khorne gets killy
    THey are bloodlustful and have a lot of powerful units that the eldar can't match
    fluff is abstained
    I don't know about fluffy things for alaitoc or khorne
    MIssion = eldar
    I know khorne chases after random things depending on the dice and besides that they eldar are more manuverable. The eldar could send a wave serpant past the bersekerkers and they would just chase after it. they would never catch it and if they did than they only hit on 6s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

I think Eldar gets killability.

They have 5 Skimmers, Khorne are going to be chasing them arround all day, plus Predators aarent at thier best against more mobile Eldar tanks which reduce thier av14 to 12.
    The alaitoc has enough disruption to hold a couple of key units off.

Striking Scorpions couldt go toe to toe with Beserkers 1 v's 1 but with the mobility of 2 Wave Serpents they could gang up on 1 unit and get the charge.

The Wraithlord could hold a squad for a bit or squish the Lord/Lt quite easily.

Fluffwise, I love scorpions for Alaitoc. The sniper army is quite cool. The KB army is quite run of the mill.

So Alaitoc for Fluff.

Mission wise the Eldar has so much more manouverability, I dont see them Having a problem, especialy if they have shot the Khorne to bits by the end anyway.

Vote Eldar for Fluff.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Fluff- Alaitoc
    Mission- Alaitoc
    Power- Khorne

I don't think the khorne army is structured very well. Im a firm believer in the power of 8 and point conservation. 16 berzerkers and 2 HQ's don't do it for me. Also, the khorne army relies heavily on it's high # of bloodletters, which may not work exactly like you want em' to. Scorpions are one of the only things that can stand up to zerkers in combat, and with those starcannons and sniper shots I think there will be some good sizes holes in the khorne army. But if enough guys get a grips with the eldar and the letters come out, the killing power tips to khorne by far. However, the eldar are much faster and will prob complete the mission better. That's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by numberofthebeastxxx; January 6th, 2006 at 05:01.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

For Killing Power against the opponet I vote CHAOS
    basically the army has enough fast or summonable units to keep up for the most part and eventually the eldar will run out of table to run.
    Fluffy my vote goes CHAOS
    their is just not enough of the varieties for it to be an Altioc army wheres the fire dragons or the other units.
    The edlar do have a major advantage concerning the objectives however and i have to give them a vote on that one, tough luck for the chaos army on the mission.
    Mission eldar

and dude 15+1 =16 a multiple of 8 and 7+1=8 which is 8
    Last edited by Deek; January 5th, 2006 at 23:31.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast