40K VW MKII.V - Battle #6 - Alaitoc Eldar vs. Witch Hunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VW MKII.V - Battle #6 - Alaitoc Eldar vs. Witch Hunters

Please see this thread (VoteWar MarkII - New Beginnings, new info thread.) on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Secure and Control

Mission Level - Gamma

Special Rules - Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

The Shadows of the Autarch
    Aliatoc Eldar

HQ - 119 Points

Farseer
    +Shuriken Pistol
    +Close Combat Weapon
    +Mindwar

Farseer
    +Shuriken Pistol
    +Close Combat Weapon
    +Mindwar
    +Ghost Helm

Elite - 447 Points

9 Striking Scorpions
    +Exarch
    ++Stealth
    ++Scorpion's Claw

5 Pathfinders

5 Pathfinders

Troops - 532 Points

4 Rangers

4 Rangers

4 Rangers

4 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

Fast Attack - 390 Points

2 Vypers
    +Starcannons

2 Vypers
    +Starcannons

2 Vypers
    +Starcannons

Heavy Support - 360 Points

Wraithlord
    +2x Flamers
    +Bright lance

Wraithlord
    +2x Flamers
    +Bright lance

Wraithlord
    +2x Flamers
    +Bright lance

Tactics:
    Ranger disruption rolls debilitate a huge portion of the non-mechanized part of the enemy army. After that, vypers and rangers and pathfinders blast the bits that haven't been put into reserves, while Wraithlord and Scorpions give them something to think about in close combat. Wraithlords deal with tanks on their way to cc, and possibly charge if it's needed. Against mechanized lists, the vypers instead annihilate the weaker enemy tanks. Infiltrate allows ideal placement for most units.

Fluff:
    Oh yeah, fluff-wise, loosely the wraithlords contain the spirit stones of ancient Autarches. They've been in battle many times and along with their shadowy compatriots have become known as the shadows of the autarch.

-------

Witch Hunters

HQ - 326
    Canoness Alex - 115
    +Blessed Weapon
    +Brazier of Holy Fire
    +Book Of St Lucius
    +Litanies Of Faith

5x Celestians - 211
    +Heavy Flamer
    +Flamer
    +Veteran
    ++Eviscarator
    ++Brazier Of Holy Fire
    +Immolator
    ++Twin Heavy Flamers
    ++Holy Promethium
    ++Extra Armour
    ++Smoke

Elites – 200
    Callidus Assassin - 120

Inquisitor Yossanrion - 80
    +Power Weapon
    +Storm Bolter
    +Hammer of the Witches
    +Liber Herisius

Troops - 667
    14x Sisters of Battle - 221
    +Flamer
    +Heavy Flamer
    +Veteran
    ++Eviscarator
    ++Brazier of Holy Fire

14x Sisters of Battle - 223
    +2x Meltaguns
    +Veteran
    ++Eviscarator
    ++Brazier of Holy Fire

14x Sisters of Battle - 223
    +2x Meltaguns
    +Veteran
    ++Eviscarator
    ++Brazier of Holy Fire

Fast Attack - 160
    5x Seraphim
    +2x Twin link Inferno Pistols
    +Veteran
    ++Power weapon

Heavy Support - 496
    Exorcist - 150
    +Extra Armour
    +Storm Bolter

Exorcist - 150
    +Extra Armour
    +Storm Bolter

10 x Retributors - 194
    +4x Heavy Bolters
    +Veteran
    ++Storm Bolter

Tactics:
    The Canoness and retinue go infantry busting/assault/speed bump, with flamers and power weapons galore. The Assassin screws round with deployment and picks in things like IG command squads, and Ethereals. The Inquisitor gives me before game bonuses, and a nice way to “snipe” the enemy psykers. The Sisters with meltas go after tanks and MEQ, and the Sisters with flamers and heavy flamers go after infantry and MEQ (Divine Guidance is a wonderful thing). The Seraphim go hunting after fast tanks/attack vulnerable back armour, they also take objectives, and can act as a speed bump if needed. The two Exorcists can take out MEQ, and give tanks a shock. The Retributors go after infantry, but can take MEQs with Divine Guidance.

Wargear Explanation:
    Blessed Weapon – Master Crafted power weapon that adds +2 to strength
    Brazier of Holy Fire – 1 shot flamer that also acts as a second close combat weapon
    Book Of St Lucius – any friendly unit with 6” has the bearer’s unmodified Ld.
    Litanies Of Faith – Faith Point that is automatically successful, but only on the bearer/her unit
    Eviscarator - Chainfist
    Holy Promethium – Any unit that suffers casualties from the Immolater must take a moral check as if it had just suffered 25% casualties
    Hammer of the Witches – Psychic power that makes any psykers pass a leadership test or face a “perils of the warp” attack
    Liber Herisius If the Inqusitor passes a Ld test he may choose the table edge (in missions that have table edges) to deploy in. If he fails on 12 his opponent may choose where the WH player deploys
    2x Twin link Inferno Pistols – Melta pistols that have 6” range.

Faith Points
    9 (1 only to be used on the Canoness)

Divine Guidance: Roll equal too or below the current number in the squad. All rolls to wound that are 6 are AP1 in shooting, and counted as powerweapons in assault.

Hand of the Emperor: Roll equal too or below the current number in the squad. The squad attacks wiht +2 to thier strength, but at I1.

The Passion: Roll equal too or below the current number in the squad. The squad strikes at +2 the the I. Does not effect Powerfists etc.

Light of the Emperor: Roll equal too or below the current number in the squad. The unit them automatically rallies (even if below half strength), and becomes fearless for that round.

Spririt of the Matyer: Roll equal too or below the current number in the squad. The squad recives an inv. save equal to thier normal save.

Notes: Only "faithful" units may use faith. All tests are done on 2D6. When a faithfull unit dies, its faith point goes back into the faith "pool", unless it fell back of the table. Indepednat Characters pass faith tests on Ld test.

Special Rules
    SoB recive a 5+ save against any psychic powers, and minor powers do not effect them.

Faithfull units are: Celestians, Seraphim, Cannoness, any other SoB squad with a veteran.

Seraphim have the "Hit & Run" special rule.

Celesitans have preffered enemy against any race (bar monsterious creatures etc.).

Last edited by Caluin; January 14th, 2006 at 16:28.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

I vote Eldar

The Sisters will be severely disrupted by the disruption rolls. All but the exorcists and canoness+retinue will start out pinned. The starcannons can make mincemeat of the sisters, and the brightlances can handle the tanks. It is a particularly bad idea to put canonesses in immolators, as immolators are extremely fragile, so they'll be entangled. Generally, the sisters will be slaughtered. To me, it seems to matter very little what the mission is, given the level of slaughtering going on, but scorpions, vypers, spare wraithlords and infiltrating scorps can hold tokens quite well.

Abstain on Fluff, as they both are equally unfluffy given 3 wraithlords and 2 exorcists
    Last edited by TheWamp; January 14th, 2006 at 06:14.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

I would say

Altaioc for Winning
    Like Wamp said, this many disruption rolls will make it hard for the Sisters.

Sisters and Altaioc for fluff
    Both armies are constructed mostly fluffyly, and are pretty much about equal.

Therefore

Altaioc overall
    Last edited by Lord Yossanrion; January 14th, 2006 at 11:49.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Alaitoc

The Disruption rolls will tip the edge, as will all the long range Firepower. The sisters will take casualties marching accross the table trying to get the Eldar in range, and there is noone worthwhile for the Callidus to kill. Oddly enough though I don't forsee the Wraithlords being a big problem, the Exorcists will quite happily eat them up.
    Last edited by Addoran; January 15th, 2006 at 01:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Alaitoc.

Usualy those numbers of sisters would do a good job. However with 10 or so disruption rolls the chances are they arent going to be here for a while. The Alaitoc WL and Vypers can Starcannon the rest of the Sisters to kingdom come.

The Callidus could munch through alot of rangers but will be stopped by a WL soon enough.

The exorcists have little worthwhile to shoot at.

However I dont see the Alaitoc as being fluffy-3 WL? no scorpions/spiders.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Wings, there are scorpions, but I agree that the army is fairly unfluffy. However, 2 exorcists is also very unfluffy, so for me, it was a toss-up.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

I vote Eldar because the sisters do not have the delivery vectors to get those flamers into play while the rangers can sit back on their table edge and only have to worry about the heavy bolters and the bolters when they get in range.

I do think the Ranger heavy list is somewhat unfluffy, but I like the title and suspect that the creator is a Gene Wolfe fan. If so, PM me perhaps. I'd like to talk to someone else about his work who didn't discover him from me calling them up and saying something like...

'OMFG! You have to read this guy's books! You have to read them now or I'll come over there and beat them into your head with a baseball bat!"

OK. So I didn't actually say that.

But I am a fan.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

The excorist shoots D6 shots right? IF im correct about the tank i think this is, its basically a crazy preditor. So, only the wraithlords will be able to hurt it with any real threat. And they can pretty esealy bring down a wraithlord or with an average of 7 ML shots a turn, that out range the bright lance.

Ive got a question about the eldar list: How do they have 8 troop choices? Special rule?

I think the exorsists will win over the wriathlords and thats pretty much the back bone of this eldar list, after that, the sisters can make there way acrose the table to destory the rangers, who dont pose a big treat to AV 3 troops.

Plus the sisters have 4 heavy bolters ready to annihilate anything that dares come in line of sight.

Some of the faithpoints are also quiet good, such as making the armour save inverable, and devine guidance giving which would work wounders with the heavy bolters against the striking scorpains.

My vote goes Sisters Of Battle
    Last edited by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar; January 15th, 2006 at 09:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x5)

The Sister squads are quite large though.

As I understand it they have to roll under thier squad size on 2d6 for certain acts of faith. Hard if your unit is 14 strong.(Though it wont be for long v's these Alaitoc)

7 Exorcist shots, 4 hit, 2 wounds on a WL per turn. With 3 WL at least 5 turns to kill them all. With no Vypers chasing them around a flank.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar
    Ive got a question about the eldar list: How do they have 8 troop choices? Special rule?
    I had that exact same question, not being an Eldar player and all, and it was explained to me that Alaitoc Eldar have two compulsory Ranger choices that they must take, and are still allowed their normal six troops slots. So it is possible to have eight troops choices, two of which must be ranger squads.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast