VoteWar Mk II.V - Battle #22 - Orks vs. Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

VoteWar Mk II.V - Battle #22 - Orks vs. Tau

Please see this thread (VoteWar MarkII - New Beginnings, new info thread.) on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Recon

Mission Level - Omega

Special Rules -
    Escalation, Concealment, Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

Warboss Mozzerz Flyboyz

Orks

HQ - 328

Warboss
    +Slugga
    +Choppa
    +‘Eavy Armour
    +Attack Squig
    +5 Nobs
    ++5x Slugga
    ++5x Choppa
    ++5x ‘Eavy Armour
    +Mekboy
    ++Kustom Forcefield
    ++Choppa
    ++‘Eavy Armour
    +Trukk
    ++Red Paint Job
    ++Big Shoota

Elites - 1027

Boss Zagstrukk - 355
    +20 Vulchas

20x Stormboyz - 336
    +Nob
    ++Powerclaw
    ++Slugga

20x Stormboyz - 336
    +Nob
    ++Powerclaw
    ++Slugga

Troops- 300

10 Tankbustas - 150
    +3 Rokkit Launchas
    +Nob
    ++Rokkit Launcha

10 Tankbustas - 150
    +3 Rokkit Launchas
    +Nob
    ++Rokkit Launcha

Heavy Support- 195

Looted Leman Russ Demolisher
    +Plasma Cannon
    +Lascannon
    +Extra Armour

Fluff:
    Dis is da legendery Flyboyz krew.

Zagstruk wanted more boyz, now ‘is Vulcha’s are followed by more krazy flyboyz. Pluz Da local warboss and his drinking buddies. Zagstruk aint stupid though, he hired some Tankbusta’s and their looted tank to draw some fire off him and his ‘ard combat ladz. No sense getting blowed apart before youse gets there.

Special rules:
    Mob size-all orky units of over 12 men are fearless.
    The squad with Zagstruk can move and charge 12? and gets +1 Strength on the charge.
    Tankbusta’s do what the name implies (equiz to S9). The Trukk is super fast.
    Kustom Force Field of the Big Mek gives all units within range a cover save even in the open.

Tactics wise the 60 Stormboyz launch an almost unstoppable second turn charge. 60 of them on the charge have 240 choppa attacks. Plus the Nobz each have 19 meat shields and a tank or MC blatting power claw.

The Tankbusta’s roll up field taking pot shots at enemy tanks and harder units. The Demolisher is primarily a tank hunter and serves to draw fire off the rest of the army.

The Warboss and Nobz are a response unit, their Trukk lets them get anywhere fast, a second turn charge is easy. Sometimes even a first turn one. The Big Meks Kustom force field keeps the unit safer and gives the nearby Stormboyz a 5+ cover save.

-------------------

Vorrack Cadre
    Tau

HQ - 83
    Shas’el (Helios Config) - 83
    +Plasma rifle
    +Fusion Blaster
    +Multitracker

Elites - 243
    Crisis Suit (Helios Config) - 63
    +Plasma Rifle
    +Fusion Blaster
    Multitracker

3x Stealth suits - 90

3x Stealth suits - 90

Troops - 1119
    12x Fire warriors - 215
    +Shas'ui
    +Devilfish
    ++Decoy launchers

Troops - 205
    12x Fire warriors
    +Devilfish
    ++Decoy launchers

Troops - 205
    12x Fire warriors
    +Devilfish
    ++Decoy launchers

Troops - 205
    12x Fire warriors
    +Devilfish
    ++Decoy launchers

Troops - 205
    12x Fire warriors
    +Devilfish
    ++Decoy launchers

12x Kroot Carnivores - 84

Heavy Support - 165
    hammerhead gunship
    +rail gun
    +2X burst cannon
    +decoy launchers
    +Multi tracker

hammerhead gunship - 145
    +ion cannon
    +2X burst cannon
    +decoy launchers
    +Multi tracker

Broadside battle suit - 90
    +Shield generator

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid I have to abstain here. I don't really know enough about tau to place an accurate vote. But from what I do understand it is all very close. It comes down to whether the tau can kill enough orks and enough orks can get into cc. I don't know enough about statistics and tau weaponry.

I abstain.

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Tau

yes its a weak list however this mission plays right into their hand as the Tau have to get to thier deployment zone and charge towards to orks. I think that the orks however don't have enough to destroy the devilfishes and that will be their downfall

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Orks, first turn charge on the sleath or battle suits, once in CC, its over.

They are fast enough to get back into combat fast, and deadly enough to take out this army extreamily quickly.

Tau for fluff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau
    Those tankbustas should be wiped off the board before they can get to the devilfishes. That opens targets aplenty for them to deal with one at a time as they come in. The Orks just aren't suited to deal with four tanks rapidly enough to stop them.
    Please read the rules regarding what is permissable in signatures

^Left there as my self-inflicted punishment.
    LO is the first forum I joined and it introduced me to the world of internet forums. Thanks, guys!

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Orks

The stormboyz can hop from cover to cover, and when 60 Orks hits the Tau line it really is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

There isnt anything that can take down the Tankbusta's very easily. That means they and the Demolisher can hit the Transports and Russ'.

Stormboyz, esp the 24" charge ones can easily cover to cover to charge the Crisis/stealth suits.

Orks
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

The tankbustas are utterly worthless vs Tau vehicles and can be taken down by submunition shots fairly easily. The Tau can easily avoid combat simply by sitting in their vehicles with impervity. This shows the lacking of this ork army fairly strongly.

EDIT: Yeah, thanks Addoran. I vote for Tau
    Last edited by TheWamp; January 18th, 2006 at 03:56.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Hey The Wamp, did you mean to vote for Tau then, or were you abstaining?

Myself, I say Orks here.

As Orks go, that's a seriously fast Ork list. I think in a 'normal' tournament game setting the Tau player would be caught off guard by the Ork list, and would be rueing some horrible surprises. I see the Tau's Hammerheads and Devilfish being largely impervious to much Ork fire, but the Tau player being forced to button up his infantry in his Devilfish or lose them. The Ork player playing to the scenario could win this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

voting for
    tau for killing power
    Tau for fluff (an ork army made up of almost thing but elites aint too fluffy)
    Tau for objective

well I think every one needs to note something’s about the tau and ork lists.

Tau. almost the ENTIRE list is mounted in transports and if the ork player is relying on getting into combat with fire warriors turn two i think he might be disappointed with a wall of AV12 skimmers (only hitting on 6's in combat remember so i doubt powerclaws will do much).
    assuming that the orks do reach the tau lines only a fool would jump the fire warriors out and waste the fantastic advantage he has in his transports (which are equipped with burst cannons)
    the tau list also has a ion head at its disposal which is a pretty big edge with its 9 S7/5 shots per turn against infantry hurting light or heavy armoured troops evenly.

the kroot are not a unit to count out remember with a highish I, WS and S they could potentially bog down an ork unit if they are hidden well enough in cover (cheep as hell too)

two rail guns (one on the hammerhead the other on the broadside) will make quick work of the demolisher thanks to greater range and statistical accuracy ( 2 hits. 1 glanching/penitrating hit per turn assuming the demolisher does not sit hidden squandering its guns)

every one who has mentioned them so far seems to have assumed that the stealth suits will sit as close as possible to the orks which im sure any tau player will tell you is nuts. It is much more probable that they will hide nearer the centre of the board and act as a distracter unit drawing some of those storm boys off for a turn and pull a few down from burst cannon fire in the process

Orks.
    there are one or two flaws id like to point out here. first is the 100% reliance on the storm boys getting into combat with infantry turn two (or engaging infiltrates *probably hidden thanks to stealth suits here and I wouldn’t put the suits right in the orks face if i were the tau*) the anti tank of the force is tied up in the very short ranged demolisher (which is terribly vulnerable to the two rail guns in the tau list) or the FOOT SLOGGING tank bustas who I wouldn’t expect to do much more than shoot the odd rocket for most of the game.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast