40K VWMkIII - Battle #20, Round #2 - Death Guard versus Chaos Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VWMkIII - Battle #20, Round #2 - Death Guard versus Chaos Marines

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Secure and Control

Death Guard Chaos Space Marines

Headquarters – 167 points.
    Chaos Lord:
    Mark of Nurgle; Manreaper & Bolt Pistol; Daemonic Flight; Daemonic Strength; Daemonic Aura; Daemonic Visage; Nurgle’s Rot; Spiky Bits; Infiltration; Frag Grenades

TROOPS – 462 points
    Plague Marines - Seven (7) men
    Four (4) armed with Bolters and CCW
    Two (2) armed with Plasma Gun
    Aspiring Champion: Powerfist and Bolter; Nurgle's Rot
    Rhino: Extra Armour/Smoke

Fast Attack – 693 points

HEAVY SUPPORT – 525 points
    Predator:
    Autocannon; Lascannons sponsons; Mutated Hull; Daemonic Possession

Predator:

Predator:

---------------------------------

Slaaneshi Battle-Group
    Chaos Space Marines

Headquarters – 201 points
    Chaos Lord Akuma:
    Mark of Slaanesh; Darkblade; Combat Drugs; Daemonic Strength; Daemonic Aura; Doom Siren; Chaos Space Marine Bike; Furious Charge; Frag Grenades

Troops – 595 points
    Daemonettes Pack – Six (6) daemons

Chaos Space Marines – Six (6) men
    All have Mark of Slaanesh; Infiltrate
    Four (4) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
    One (1) armed with Blastmaster
    One (1) Aspiring Champion: Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon

Fast Attack – 501 points
    Slaaneshi Bike Squad – Five (5) men
    All have Mark of Slaanesh; Frag Grenades; Furious Charge
    One (1) with Doom Siren
    One (1) Aspiring Champion: Daemonic Strength, Doom Siren, Power Weapon

Undivided Bike Squad - Five (5) Bikes
    All have Mark of Chaos Undivided
    Two (2) armed with Meltagun
    One (1) Aspiring Champion: Power Fist

Heavy Support – 563 points
    Chaos Space Marine Havocs – Six (6) men
    All have Tank Hunters
    Two (2) armed with Bolters
    Four (4) armed with Autocannon

Chaos Space Marine Havocs – Six (6) men
    All have Tank Hunters
    Four (4) armed with Missile Launcher

Chaos Havocs w/ bolter – Seven (7) Men
    All have Mark of Chaos Undivided; Infiltrate
    Four (4) armed with Plasma Gun
    One (1) Aspiring Champion: Bolter

Fluff:
    Formerly a servant of Chaos Undivided, Lord Akuma attained daemonhood when he swore allegiance to Slaanesh. Slaanesh rewarded Akuma with a darkblade. The core of Akuma's army followed in his footsteps, but the rest of his servants still trusting their weapons above Akuma's new God. So long as the havocs pave "Prince" Akuma's path, he tolerates their worship of Chaos Undivided.

Tactics:
    The whole army exists to get Akuma into close combat, but he does not have to survive to win the battle.

Each undivded unit is tailored for a different enemy.
    Missile Launchers: Heavy Armor (AV 12+), Power-armored infantry
    Autocannons: Light Armor, Terminators (Statistically more likely to kill these than any other heavy weapon, with 8 Str 6 shots), and 'Nid hordes.
    Plasma Guns: Power Armor, Monstrous Creatures
    Bike-mounted melta guns: Heavy Armor, dreads

Tthe plasma havocs and the three troop squads deploy close to the enemy, in cover, and let the plasma guns/blastmasters do the initial killing. The bikes turbo-boost, with the melta squad in front, to absorb casualties, while the havocs engage anything that could really hurt the bikes. By turn 2, Akuma should reach close combat and the troops simultaneously charge. The plasma havocs and the melta bikers deal with things Akuma cannot kill, esp. dreads, 'fexes, and heavy armor. With 3 doom sirens and Akuma's 6 str 8 attacks, Akuma's squad faces NO superior threats once in CC. They can take 'stealers and broodlords (yes that is play tested).

The daemonettes have 6 icons to choose from, so they go where trouble is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

The Death Guard have the advantage in combat, having more men, higher Toughness, and Powerfists. The Slaaneshi shooting is probably going to put down most of those Rhinos, though. The bikes can be handled easily by the Predators and other shooting. After that, the Noise Marines will fall in combat. The Havocs fall shortly after, not being able to get rid of those Predators.

Death Guard
    2H - LEGIO HYDRA

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Of course thats assuming the death gaurd actually get inside the rhinos. The death gaurd will win because the slaneesh list doesn't have the firepower to kill them
    Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

I too vote for Death Guard

The reason is that I see the two armies closely matched in close combat on a model for model basis. It's a question of going first vs resilience. fair traidoff. Also model count in close combat is pretty close.
    However death guard have a big edge on the Chaos list in shooting: The plasma guns and bolter shots are going to cut down the enemy numbers before they can get into close combat, and when the actual assaults happen Death Guard will have an edge on numbers and win.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Death Guard

Although it would be very close. I can't really see the Slaanesh beating them in combat, which is really where they need to be to greatest effect. However, it does seem quite likely that the predators won't last long, but could do some damage to the bikers.

When it comes down to it, the close combat squads attacking each other will be 35 death guard and a lord, against 18 slaanesh, 10 bikes and a lord...Death Guard are outnumbering. I know from personal experience this is a bad thing for the Slaanesh.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

I vote for the Death Guard.

The DG army is too tough to be taken down by the chaos marines. Missle launchers and autocannons will have a tough time with those predators since they have mutated hull. Bikes are nice, but every DG marine has the same toughness. All the plasma and cc ability of the DG will win the day.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i vote death guard
    -the rhinos are very stupid, but all that plasma, and better CC will win the day, it is a interesting, but not very well built slanesh list.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by tiaxrulesall
    -the rhinos are very stupid,
    I am happening to see a lot of these type of statements in your votes, and they concern me quite a bit. If you're going to give a critical statement such as that, please at least give reasons as to why. The whole point of VoteWar is to help people improve their lists, and just saying "that's stupid" doesn't help at all.

Secondly, I think "stupid" is not the word you meant. A much more appropriate term would have been "ineffecient." Stupid implies that the list creator was wrong for putting them in the list, which you have no way of knowing why s/he did that in the first place, seeing as s/he didn't deign to put in a tactics section. "Ineffecient" implies that there were better options avaliable, but there are still uses for the Rhinos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    I am happening to see a lot of these type of statements in your votes, and they concern me quite a bit. If you're going to give a critical statement such as that, please at least give reasons as to why. The whole point of VoteWar is to help people improve their lists, and just saying "that's stupid" doesn't help at all.

Secondly, I think "stupid" is not the word you meant. A much more appropriate term would have been "ineffecient." Stupid implies that the list creator was wrong for putting them in the list, which you have no way of knowing why s/he did that in the first place, seeing as s/he didn't deign to put in a tactics section. "Ineffecient" implies that there were better options avaliable, but there are still uses for the Rhinos.
    I agree with the first point, but disagree with the second. Personally, I think it was stupid. It actually hinders the chaos, since with cc troops in slow closed-topped vehicles, they'll take 2 turns to get there. With the inability to use smokes 2 turns and the inability to assault after moving, they're either sitting out in the open, or entangled the next turn. Stupid implies that the choice wasn't very intelligent and actually hurt the list, in this case. They'd almost have been better footslogging it without infiltrate.

However, since the slannesh list doesn't have good anti-marine capabilities, I'm going to have to vote death guard as well
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWamp
    I agree with the first point, but disagree with the second.
    Fair enough - my issue wasn't so much that people thought the idea was silly (my own opinions about Rhinos aside from this - anyone who knows me, knows my thoughts on Rhinos), but more how the statement was presented. A blanket "that's stupid" arguement without any type of explanation reflects poorly upon the list creator, and we're trying to avoid that kind of criticism.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast