40K VWMkIII - Battle #60, Round #5 - Armoured Company versus Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VWMkIII - Battle #60, Round #5 - Armoured Company versus Necrons

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Cleanse

180th Karallis Prime Praetors (Armored Company) - (6 points)

Doctrines
    -Restricted Units: Leman Russ Vanquisher
    -Restricted Units: Leman Russ Exterminator
    -Skills & Drills: Ace Gunners
    -Skills & Drills: Anti-Tank Rounds
    -Special Equipment: Machine God's Blessing

Headquarters – 303 points
    Leman Russ Exterminator Command Tank
    Turret mounted twin-linked autocannon; Hull mounted Heavy Bolters; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Pintle Heavy Stubber; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Ace Gunners; Machine God’s Blessing, Improved Comms

Elites – 530 points
    Tank Ace in Leman Russ Vanquisher
    Turret mounted Vanquisher Cannon, Hull mounted Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Ace Gunners; Machine God’s Blessing

Storm Troopers – Ten (10) men
    Seven (7) armed with Hellguns
    Two (2) armed with Grenade Launchers
    Sergeant: Hell Pistol and CCW
    Chimera: Turret mounted Multi-laser; Hull mounted Heavy Bolter; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers

Troops – 618 points
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Turret mounted Battle Cannon; Hull mounted Heavy Bolter; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Anti-tank Rounds; Machine Gods Blessing

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Turret mounted Battle Cannon; Hull mounted Heavy Bolter; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Anti-tank Rounds; Machine Gods Blessing

Leman Russ Battle Tank

Fast Attack – 168 points
    Sentinel
    Lascannon; Searchlight

Sentinel
    Lascannon; Searchlight

Sentinel
    Lascannon; Searchlight

Heavy Support – 231 points
    Leman Russ Demolisher
    Turret mounted Demolisher Cannon; Hull mounted Lascannon; Plasma Cannon Sponsons; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Ace Gunners; Machine God’s Blessing.

General Tactics:
    The general idea is to advance on the objectives and blast any and all scoring units until they can't claim any VPs. The Leman Russ Battle Tanks (LRBT), Vanquisher, and Sentinels go tank-busting, while the Storm Troopers and Exterminator hose down infantry (preferably light and medium infantry). The battle cannons on the LRBTs will also fare well against heavy infantry, supported in that role by the Demolisher. With all the sponson weapons, the list should fare well against hordes as well, even without the battle cannons. The searchlights should ensure I maintain fire superiority in night fight scenarios.

Wargear/Doctrine Notes: Ace Gunners: Functions like Sharpshooters, but also allows the player to re-roll the scatter die for ordnance but not the distance die.

Machine God's Blessing: Negates the effect of lance weapons.

Anti-Tank Rounds: Gives a Leman Russ Battle Tank a non-ordnance shot that hits with normal BS and rolls 2d6 + Strength for armor penetration.

----------------------------------------

Necrons - (2 points)

HQ: 185 Points
    Necron Lord:
    Resurrection Orb; Destroyer Body; Phylactery

Troops: 540 Points
    Warriors squad – Fifteen (15) men
    Fifteen (15) armed with Gauss Flayers

Warriors squad – Fifteen (15) men
    Fifteen (15) armed with Gauss Flayers

Fast Attack: 408 Points
    Destroyers Squad – Three (3) men
    Three (3) armed with Gauss Cannon

Destroyers Squad – Three (3) men
    Three (3) armed with Gauss Cannon

Scarab Swarms – Nine (9) swarms

Heavy Support - 625 points
    Heavy Destroyers Squad – Three (3) men
    Three (3) armed with Heavy Gauss Cannon

Heavy Destroyers Squad – Three (3) men
    Three (3) armed with Heavy Gauss Cannon

Monolith:
    Gauss Flux Arc; Living Metal

Phase Out: 10

Tactics:
    I will utilise the speed of my Fast Attack to get into an effective position from which to open a constant hail of fire. My Monolith will preferably Deep Strike as close to the center of the table as reasonably possible without losing it. The Warriors will then come out. If I can't Deep Strike, I will simply move the Monolith constantly toward the center of the table. My lord will also support wherever things begin to get hairy.

Notes
    Shots per turn:
    30 Gauss flayers
    18 Gauss Cannon shots
    6 Heavy Gauss Cannons
    3 Staff of Light shots
    Gauss Flux Arc
    Particle Whip
    The Lord cannot be instant killed.

Last edited by Caluin; February 15th, 2006 at 03:42.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

I vote Necrons

oddly enough, for one reason: the heavy destroyers. If the 'cron player is intelligent, they'll have the res orb local so that they'll always get WBB on the H D's.

Using the monolith (which will presumably deepstrike), they can ensure that they get to reroll the WBB save, and given the speed of the Heavy destroyers, not all the tanks will be in LOS. They can steal side shot and distract a very large portion of the AC army, which will be spending its time trying to kill them.

While that's happening, the rest of the army isn't useless and with the focus off them, they can proceed to beat the crud out of the AC.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

I think that if necrons get first turn, they could pull a minor victory, but if the AC gets first turn (bye bye destroyers), it will be more than a minor victory.

If anything comes through the monolith portal, it will be demolished via demolisher or battle cannon. And there's no way a res orb is going to keep all of them alive.

Armoured company

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i vote armored company

-one good battle cannon blast will take out 3 HD's at once, ensuring no WBB. small necron squads are very vulnerable to blast that cut armor and wound on 2+.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by tiaxrulesall
    i vote armored company

-one good battle cannon blast will take out 3 HD's at once, ensuring no WBB. small necron squads are very vulnerable to blast that cut armor and wound on 2+.
    With perfect spacing no more than one can be hit at a time, and if the squads move next to each other, the AC will have to kill both squads to take them down.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar FB 1- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-if the whole army fired at the HD's, they could take them out in a turn, and they are really the only threat to those tanks.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by tiaxrulesall
    -if the whole army fired at the HD's, they could take them out in a turn, and they are really the only threat to those tanks.
    I disagree. The Necron player isn't going to be as foolish as the one who built the list. He wouldn't allow the HDs in LOS of the whole army. Plus, it isn't assured that the AC would kill all 6, even if they did fire all that. Things scatter easily and the sentinels are down turn one and they have little other direct fire ap shots

Votewar FB 1- 1st Place

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Necrons

the destroyers and haeavy destroyers have what it takes to kill the tanks.

Senior Member impending slaughter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWamp
    oddly enough, for one reason: the heavy destroyers. If the 'cron player is intelligent, they'll have the res orb local so that they'll always get WBB on the H D's.
    Agreed. I think crons have the anti-tank power required to pull it off.

I vote crons

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

I vote necrons.

They have a very small phase out but the monolith and rez or schould help with that. Plus, the AC have other things to shoot at. For example, those destroyer squads that can pop a tank or two a turn. I think with the right spacing and decisions the crons can pull through.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast