40K VWMkIII - Battle #56, Round #5 - Space Wolves versus Armoured Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VWMkIII - Battle #56, Round #5 - Space Wolves versus Armoured Company

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Take and Hold

Karellian Ice Giants, Elements of the 1st and 7th Company - (4 points)
    Space Wolves

Headquarters – 544 points
    Company Commander Alexandrovitch Kasparov (Wolf Lord):
    Space Marine Bike, Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Belt of Russ, Two (2) Karellian Bear Dogs (Counts as Fenrisian Wolves)

Wolf Guard Battle Leader: Space Marine Bike, Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Two (2) Karellian Bear Dogs (Counts as Fenrisian Wolves)

Space Wolf Venerable Dreadnought Grigorii Mishkiin:
    Extra Armour, Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod (Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnoughts are costlier and stronger, with higher WS, BS, and Attacks.)

Elite – 170 points
    Space Wolf Scouts squad – Seven (7) men
    Three (3) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
    Two (2) armed with Bolt Pistol and Power weapons
    One (1) armed with Meltagun
    Wolf Guard Leader: Wolf Tooth Necklace; Power Fist and Bolt Pistol

Troops – 660 points
    Blood Claws Pack – Ten (10) men
    Seven (7) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
    Two (2) armed with Bolt Pistol and Power Fists
    One (1) armed with flamer
    Drop Pod

Blood Claws Pack – Ten (10) men
    Seven (7) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
    One (1) armed with flamer
    Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters Pack – Ten (10) men
    Five (5) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
    Two (2) armed with Plasma Pistol and CCW
    One (1) armed with Melta gun
    Drop Pod

Fast Attack – 330 points
    Blood Claw Bikers Pack – Five (5) men
    Two (2) armed with CCW
    Two (2) armed with Power Fists
    One (1) armed with Flamer
    (Joined by Wolf Lord)

Blood Claw Bikers Pack – Five (5) men
    Three (3) armed with CCW
    Two (2) armed with Power Fists
    (Joined by Wolf Guard Leader)

Heavy Support – 150 points
    Whirlwind:
    Vengeance Missiles

Whirlwind:
    Vengeance Missiles

----------------------------------------

45th Graian Heavy Dragoons - (4 points)
    Armoured Company

Headquarters – 260 points
    Command Tank “Regatta of Violence”
    Leman Russ Exterminator: Turret mounted Twin-linked Autocannon; Hull mounted Heavy Bolters; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Pintle Heavy Stubber; Machine God’s Blessing.

Elites – 290 points
    Tank Ace “Burning Spear”
    Leman Russ Vanquisher: Turret mounted Vanquisher Cannon; Hull mounted Lascannon; Heavy Bolter sponsons; Machine God’s Blessing.

Troops – 570 points
    Leman Russ Battle Tank “Matilda”
    Leman Russ: Battle Cannon; Hull mounted Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Machine Gods Blessing

Leman Russ Battle Tank “Sgt. Bash”
    Leman Russ: Battle Cannon; Hull mounted Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Machine Gods Blessing

Leman Russ Battle Tank “Hypnodisc”

Fast Attack – 310 points
    Hellhound “Napalm”
    Hellhound: Turret mounted Inferno Cannon; Hull mounted Heavy Bolter; Extra Armour

Hellhound “Grillornator”
    Hellhound: Turret mounted Inferno Cannon; Hull mounted Heavy Bolter; Extra Armour

Sentinel “Flimsy”
    Sentinel: Lascannon, Armoured crew compartment

Heavy Support – 420 points
    Leman Russ Demolisher “Razor”
    Leman Russ Demolisher: Turret mounted Demolisher Cannon; Hull mounted Lascannon; Plasma Cannon sponsons; Machine God’s Blessing

Leman Russ Demolisher “Sir Killalot”
    Leman Russ Demolisher: Turret mounted Demolisher Cannon; Hull mounted Lascannon; Plasma Cannon sponsons; Machine God’s Blessing

Notes:
    Machine Gods Blessing – Nullifies any armour modifying effects from Bright or Dark lances or blasters, etc.
    Leman Russ Vanquisher – 96” range meltagun (basically) at BS4
    Leman Russ Exterminator – Spits out 14 shots a turn at BS4.
    All Russes AV14 and can cover each others flanks easily using cover to hide on turn 1

Referee's Note -
    The rules for Armoured Companies can be found on the UK Games Workshop site, under the Chapter Approved Articles.

Last edited by Caluin; February 15th, 2006 at 03:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Heheh. Wow.

No doubt we will hear a lot of 'too much pie plate death' AC wins comments. Which may just be the case, but I'm going to try and go through it from the beginning.

Turn 1

Everything on the SW side behind cover or in space. Maybe the AC jockeys for position. The SW bikes turbo boost somewhere, hopefully again behind cover. The whirlwinds try to kill the sentinel, probably don't yet.

Turn 2-3

Most of the drop pods show up. If the SW player is lucky they deploy in the right spot to be shielded from some fire, but its probably still pretty grim. The SW scouts appear from the rear and kill a tank. The bikers charge tanks on side armour, maybe get lucky and kill 1. The sentinel dies to whirlwind fire.

Turn 4-5

Lots of power fists banging on hulls. Little effect other than to shake some tanks probably. Hellhounds perhaps die due to being focused upon because of their weaker armour.

Lots of dead space wolves.

Turn 6

Whatever's left on both sides tries to make sure they are the only one(s) still near the objective.

Hmm. Ick.

I'm going to have to vote for AC to win the mission.

Fluff. Cheers! I get to vote for the Ice Giants, because of the fact that having all your tanks personally blessed by the machine god is a bit much.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

AC

I truly, truly want the space wolves to win, but AC is just too effective. That many Russ's willl rip that list apart.

[edit] I also wonder where the inspiration for the AC names comes from...
    Last edited by The_Outsider; February 15th, 2006 at 12:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

AC for mission

I mean, seriously, the wolves have only 1 meltagun. Nothing else can effectively hurt the russes, and all those ordinance weapons... it doesn't bear thinking about.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Armoured Company

Another 1 sided game. AC's are boring.

But my reasons: 1 meltagun can't kill so many tanks. It'll probably recieve 5 Pie Plates on turn 1. then they're trudging up the field getting ready to kick everyone in, but getting blown to hell before they even get close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Robizzle
    Armoured Company

Another 1 sided game. AC's are boring.

But my reasons: 1 meltagun can't kill so many tanks. It'll probably recieve 5 Pie Plates on turn 1. then they're trudging up the field getting ready to kick everyone in, but getting blown to hell before they even get close.
    Gah.

1. 2 meltaguns and 2 plasma pistols(which can hurt a tank provided they get behind, and with the movement provided by drop pods, it is possible.) actually.

2. Who will recieve 5 pie plates on turn 1? There is only the bikes and whirlwinds(either behind cover or turbo charging on turn 1) on the board on turn 1.

3. There is no trudging since everyone is on a bike, in a drop pod or appearing behind the Leman Russes (Space Wolf Scouts).

While I think the SWs will lose, it will not be totally one sided.
    Last edited by Grey; February 15th, 2006 at 14:53.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Robizzle
    Really? A slightly more careful read would have shown that the Space Wolves are in drop pods. This means that they can come down where they want. (Including behind the tanks if the AC player leaves any room for that.)
    Also the wolf scoutes can come into play as reserves from the opponents table edge due to the behind enemy lines specal rule. That one meltagun is gonna get a shot at the back of a tank before any tanks shoot at it.

Should the AC give the wolves enough space to drop behind them, boltpistol shots to the back of the russ would give on average 1 glancing hit, just enough to keep it from shooting untill next turn where the wolf player could assault the tank, and take it out with powerfists from behind. This would leave a close match, but with slight favor to the Space wolves.

Unfortunatly I expect the AC general to realize this, and it's a simple matter of keeping the back side of their tanks to the table edge untill most of the wolves drop to counter this. If this list had more meltaguns, they could have dropped in and did the damage from the front side, and I very well may have voted for the wolves. As it is the wolves are gonna drop some tanks to powefists, but I don't think it's gonna be enough to win.

This is not going to be one of those booring onesided battles involving armored company, these wolves are gonna make them earn their win, but I'm afraid that they're still are going to win.

Armored Company wins
    Last edited by JORMAGI; February 15th, 2006 at 15:39.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

*Sigh* This is another no contest. All those templates a turn = dead wolves. Power fists are ok, but they come down in drop pods and wont be able to assault till they've been hit with some pie plates... The hellhounds will force some failed armour rolls, the whirlwinds will be scrap.

I vote for AC...
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Oh right....missed the Drop pods. but hey! lets just argue with Rob then agree with him.

Fine, if the 2 meltaguns DO come down in 1 turn, and destroy a tank each, what next? they get blasted to crap by everything else...

I think that even though the AC might have trouble killing the Wolvies, the Wolvies are going to have an even worse time of it than them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x5)

The SW will kill a number of tanks, quite a number if the AC player lets them drop behind his tanks, but I do think the Armoured Company will win.

There is 1 spot of light though. However it turns out RUSS WILL BE VICTORIOUS. :sleep:

Tai'shar
    Last edited by Araith; February 16th, 2006 at 15:29.
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast