Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I'm considering running a mini 40k votewar while we wait for April 1st. I would run it with the following guidelines.
1. Lists are no more than 750 points.
2. All codex lists would be allowed, as well as Armored Company, Kroot mercs, and Catachan Jungle fighters. Orks may use also use Klan/feral rules (found on the Ork page of the GW website).
Rules for them can be found at
http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperia...%2Darmylist/1/ (Armored Company)
http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperia...han%2Drules/1/ (Catachan Jungle fighters)
http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/kroot%2Dmercenaries/ (Kroot Mercs)
3. Games would be played on a 4x4 board.
4. Deepstrike, Infiltrate, and Victory Points would always be in effect.
5. Missions will randomly be determined, strategy ratings will not be used.
6. Special characters will be allowed, even if they require opponents permission. Only special characters from the most recent Codex will be allowed (Old One Eye and the Red Terror can still be used by Nids). Remember that many characters have a minimum points requirement.
7. The board will consist of 70% jungle terrain.
Remember that means you cant draw line of sight past 6 inches, and you're always rolling for difficult terrain (dangerous terrain where applicable).
8. The ambush/trap rules will be in effect, so make sure you know them well.
These rules can be found on page 20/21 of the Catachan codex. Note that only units that have access to them may use them.
9. Double elimination will be used. Lists will be randomly paired.
Think of it as a giant battle on a Death World. The jungle terrain should shake things up a bit. Will you go for an elite Kroot or Catachan army? Do you think MEQ's will still hold the day? Will Tyranid swarms rampage over everyone? Will the abundant cover breathe life into Ork footsloggers?
Would anyone be interested? If so, I'd be aiming for either 8 or 16 lists, depending on how popular it is. Tell me what you think.
Last edited by Terzo; February 26th, 2006 at 17:39.
-i'll do it, (PMing list now)
Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.
-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
-Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
-Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place
I'm thinking of starting around March 6th. If, by that time, I have recieved less than 8 lists, I'll delay some more. If I have more than 8 lists, but less thank 16 lists, I don't know what I'll do. I'm thinking of just using the first 8 lists, but if anyone has an alternate suggestion I'm all ears.
Last edited by Pancakes; February 24th, 2006 at 19:23.
It's been a minute.
I'm in. Sounds interesting. My guess is all that LoS blocking and cover save giving is going to seriously help Close Combat armies.
Combat tends not to do too well compared to shooty in VW. Time to even the odds.
Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!
Sounds good, i'll submit a list later (tis late at the moment).
At this level my army should do better than at 1850.
I currently have 10 lists, most of them look fine, but a few I need to review more in depth. I've decided that if I don't get 16 lists I won't drop the excess lists (I'll only drop one, the latest submission, if I need to get to an even number of lists).