VW Grudge Match 1850 Battle #3 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

VW Grudge Match 1850 Battle #3

See this thread if you want to participate and don't know the rules. As always, mission means everything. Your primary vote should be for mission, with an optional fluff vote for the army that is fluffier (this is used for tiebrakers). All missions use infiltrate, deepstrike and victory points.

Good luck to both sides

Please note that due to the "blood fued" rule, both space wolves and dark angles hit each other on a 3+ in close combat.

Order of the White Sword
    HQ
    Codicier Librarian, stubborn, bolt pistol, terminator honours, familiar, iron halo, furious charge, veil of time, combat shield, bionics, 184 pts
    Command squad x9, bolt pistol and chainsword x6, 2x meltagun, veteren sergeant w/ powerfist, furious charge, frag grenades, drop pod, 10x frag grenades, 262 pts

ELITES
    Dreadnought, extra armour, drop pod, 140 pts

TROOPS
    Tactical squad x5, Lascannon, 90 pts
    Tactical squad x5, Lascannon, 90 pts
    Tactical squad x6, Plasma cannon, plasma gun, 120 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Devastator squad x8, 4x missile launcher, 200 pts

ARMY TOTAL: 1846 pts

Sons of Russ
    Rune Priest (128 )
    frost blade, bp
    Belt of Russ, frags, WT Talisman

Ven Dread (203)
    DCCW, heavy flamer, assault cannon
    extra armour, smoke
    Drop pod

WG Battle Leader (117)
    frost blade, bp, frags
    bike

Wolf Scout pack (104)
    4. ccw, bp
    2. powerweapon

Blood Claw pack (232)
    11. BC
    3. powerfist, bp

Grey Hunter pack (186)
    4. bolter
    1. plasmagun
    1. powerweapon
    Rhino w/ extra armour, smoke

Grey Hunter pack (186)
    4. bolter
    1. plasmagun
    1. powerweapon
    Rhino w/ extra armour, smoke

LS Tornado (80)
    heavy bolter, assault cannon

LS Tornado (80)
    heavy bolter, assault cannon

Vindicator (133)
    extra armour, smoke

Predator Destructor(133)
    lascannon sponsons, extra armour, smoke

Land Raider Crusader (268 )
    smoke

= 1850

Last edited by TheWamp; March 28th, 2006 at 01:26.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Space Wolves

The Dark Angels have no really decent way of killing the Land Raider Crusader. Sure, they have some Lascannons, and a few Assault Cannons, but not nearly enough to stop the Wolvies getting into combat. And the Missile launchers are pretty crap at the job, too. If they all shoot at it they'll get one glance. Hurrah.

And when it gets there, the combat unit I'm assuming will be inside will kill half the army, seeing as there's no decent assault, or at least power weapons.

Also, the Predator and Vindicator will surely take their toll pretty quickly, not to mention the rest of the assault cannons.

Fluff wise I also vote for the Wolvies, because those Devastator squads are slightly silly in a dark angels army.

Senior Member impending slaughter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Robizzle
    The Dark Angels have no really decent way of killing the Land Raider Crusader. Sure, they have some Lascannons, and a few Assault Cannons, but not nearly enough to stop the Wolvies getting into combat. And the Missile launchers are pretty crap at the job, too. If they all shoot at it they'll get one glance. Hurrah.

And when it gets there, the combat unit I'm assuming will be inside will kill half the army, seeing as there's no decent assault, or at least power weapons.
    Yeah good point. Wheres all the assault cannons? I dont think the DA list has what it takes to stop the SWs LRC squad getting into cc. From there I think the fire lines will be totally disrupted allowing the rest of wolves to make it to combat too.

I vote SW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

The Dark Angels have no really decent way of killing the Land Raider Crusader.
    You mean like that Drop Podding twin Meltagun squad? While not perfect, couple that with the two Lascannons and you have a fair chance at taking it out by second or third turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Fluff wise I also vote for the Wolvies, because those Devastator squads are slightly silly in a dark angels army.
    If you look at GW DA armies and DA artwork, you see their devs carrying missile launchers about 90% of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Wolves

I beg to differ. If the ML rolls a 6 (i know not likely, but there are 12 of them)The ML do have a 2/6 chance of blowing the LRC up or immobliising it. The Meltaguns podding in might kill it and so could the LCs. I know that with that much fire power going after it it should die after 2 or 3 turns. The rhinos that carry the grey hunters are easy pickings for the guns once the LRC is dead. Even the Plasma cannons could shoot and hurt it once it gets close enough. Within 36" there would be at most 18 weapons that could have sa chance to kill it. It would more likely be around 14 guns shooting it. Once its close enough it will get more shots. I think that it would die before it could unload its cargo into cc. I think that the DA would hjave a difficult time killing the LRC and the rhinos from engaging in cc, they could. THen the speeders, dread, vindicator, and pred would have the cahnce to get shot at by whatever still lived. The numbers are assuming that the SW dont kill all the shooters quickly, but the more they kill the better the chance that the blood claws and grey hunters get into cc.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made man equal."

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Hmm, i see 2 lascannon, 12 MLs, and 2 drop pod melta guns to kill tanks.

Anyway, the DAs wont waste firepower on sucha worthless target, Instead, they will take out everything else, untill the pod arrives, the pod will destory the tank: its got an 86% chance of getting a pentrating hit. At that point its 50-50.

The librarain is also pretty desent in CC, he will strike first, and such...

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

The DA list is very well equipped to take on a tank heavy army. They certainly have enough anti-tank and the wolves don't have very many troops

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

HQ
    Epistolary Librarian, bolt pistol, terminator honours, familiar, iron halo, furious charge, veil of time, might of heroes, 199 pts
    Wound someone like to explain this to me?

First of all, if your a DA PLAYER YOU NEED STUBORN! except on chaplains.

Secondly, the point cost of this model is 20 points to low, further disqualifying this list.

My aplogies to the space wolves... perhaps youll face desent lists in the furture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar
    Wound someone like to explain this to me?

First of all, if your a DA PLAYER YOU NEED STUBORN! except on chaplains.

Secondly, the point cost of this model is 20 points to low, further disqualifying this list.

My aplogies to the space wolves... perhaps youll face desent lists in the furture.
    It seems that this is true. I'm going to freeze voting for a few hours while I ask the Order to edit their list.

Feel free to keep discussing as the change will likely be a minor one (it is only 20 points, and while this should be fixed, fixing it shouldn't be hard...)

I'm not going to disqualify the list, that seems silly. Why make a relatively minor mistake kill the votewar?
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast