40K VWMkIV - Battle #10 - Daemonhunters versus Lost and the Damned - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VWMkIV - Battle #10 - Daemonhunters versus Lost and the Damned

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Cleanse

Daemonhunters
    (with Inducted Imperial Guard)

HQ: 301
    Elites: 205
    Troops: 810
    Fast Attack: 534
    Heavy Support: 0

6x Grey Knight Terminators
    Storm Bolters & Nemesis Force Weapon
    Brother-Captain with Storm Bolter; Nemesis Force Weapon; Bionics

Inquisitor:
    Emperor's Tarot, Teleport Homer, Hammerhand

Inquisitor:
    Teleport Homer, Hammerhand

Vindicare Temple Assassin
    Exitus Rifle; Exitus Pistol; Spy Mask; Stealth Suit; Marksman

10x Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
    8x Hellguns; 2x Plasma Guns

5x Guardsmen Command Squad:
    3x Lasguns; 1x Autocannon Weapons Team
    Junior Officer with Lasgun

10x Guardsmen Infantry Squad:
    8x Lasguns; 1x Lascannon Weapons Team
    Sergeant with Lasgun

Sergeant with Lasgun

5x Guardsmen Command Squad:
    3x Lasguns; 1x Autocannon Weapons Team
    Junior Officer with Lasgun

Sergeant with Lasgun

Sergeant with Lasgun

10x Grey Knights
    Storm Bolter; Nemesis Force Weapon
    Teleport Attack

10x Rough Riders
    Hunting Lances

3x Sentinels:
    1x Sentinel with Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers, Improved Comms
    2x Sentinels with Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers

Strategy:
    This is pretty important to read. It's definitely not an ordinary battle plan, and it's not set in stone. Here we go...

The Inducted Guardsmen will sit far back, shooting lascannons at tanks and anything else that needs to die and autocannons at light tanks or whatever else. The Officers will deploy between their two squads to give them that slight leadership bonus. However, they'll want to get into double-tapping range, and will go forward once their prime targets are destroyed.

The Stormtroopers, depending on whether they are fighting an shooty or assaulty army, move forward, double-tapping, or stay back with single shots. If they're going to be assaulted, they'll stay back and use the Inducted Guardsmen to add to assault numbers, and bolster their power with the Inquisitors (once the Grey Knights have teleported in, otherwise only one will participate). The Inquisitors follow along be untargetable so the Grey Knights can teleport unhindered.

The Sentinels and Rough Riders will usually deploy on what looks like the weak flank. They'll both move forward with the Sentinels using their Smoke to hopefully stay alive to shoot Heavy Flamers and tie up S3 or slow S4 enemies. The Rough Riders will charge MEQs or MCs if they have the chance.

The Teleporters (both the Fast Attack and Terminators) will be held in reserve and teleport down to the Inquisitors, hopefully with the help of Improved Comms. However, against Orks and Dark Eldar (boyz as well as both raiders and warriors die to storm bolters), they'd deploy on the board for extra shooting.

The Vindicare primarily shoots at Squad Leaders with power weapons who would cause problems for the Grey Knights and Grey Knight Terminators who get in to close combat. Otherwise, he would mostly aim for heavy weapons carriers.

--------------------------------

Lost and the Damned
    (Allied with Word Bearers)

HQ: 132
    Elites: 300
    Troops: 960
    Fast Attack: 0
    Heavy Support: 375

Arch Heretic:
    Demagogue Ability; Mark of Chaos Undivided; Accursed Crozius; Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades; Spiky Bits; Daemonic Strength

10x Daemonettes

10x Daemonettes

5x Traitors
    4x Lasgun; 1x Lascannon

5x Traitors
    4x Lasgun; 1x Lascannon

5x Traitors
    4x Lasgun; 1x Lascannon

28x Mutants
    Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon; 3x Icon
    Aspiring Champion:
    Bolt Pistol; Power Fist; Frag Grenades; Daemonic Mutation; Daemonic Strength
    Mutant Boss:
    Power Fist

28x Mutants
    Aspiring Champion:
    Mutant Boss:
    Power Fist

28x Mutants
    Aspiring Champion:
    Mutant Boss:
    Power Fist

Basilisk:
    Earthshaker: Heavy Bolter: Indirect Fire

Basilisk:

Basilisk:

Strategy:
    Ok this is pretty straightforward. The traitors infiltrate in good firing spots to snipe tanks. The Heretic advances with the mutants making them pass all morale checks. On top of that they are all being lead by an Aspiring Champion so they aren’t going to run.

The mutants are going to kill anything that gets into combat with them. Between the 3 squads they will be dishing out 252 mutant attacks, and 24 powerfist attacks on the charge!

The Basilisks will be bombing the hell out of the enemy while the mutants advance, 3 pie plates a turn will put holes in any army. They all have indirect fire, and will be set up behind cover, making it difficult to target them.

When they get close enough the Daemonetts will be summoned. With 2 Squads of 10, these babes will be dishing out 60 rending attacks on the charge!

I seriously doubt any army being able to kill enough guys to stem the charge. Once the army hits the enemy lines it's over.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Lost and the Damned

The IG force doesn't have enough anti-infantry firepower to stop 84 mutant traitors with a bunch of powerfists. Add 3 basilisks. Yeah, 3 of them. Basically, the LatD list has more anti-infantry in general.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Nothing the hunters have can even come close to taking those mutants down...

Powerfists and daemonetts = dead grey knights, and termies.

The 3 bassies just add to the mahem.

Nuff said.

Lost and the Damned
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Lost and the Damned

I believe I am correct in assuming that Daemons get the "Sustained Assault" special rule playing against Daemon Hunters?

If so the DH have 20 models in two scoring units who are going to keep coming back. Kill them off and they'll return closer to your table quarter claiming the flank ones.

I dont see the Hellhound lasting under 3 Basalisk's and 3 Lascannon, once thats gone the Muties are in for an OK time.

Charge 10 R.Riders into 28 Mutants, 20 Attacks, 10 hit. Only 8.33 dead. That leaves 20 including 2 powerfists with multiple attacks hittingon a 3+. The Sentinals could toast afew but Flamers on Move 6" models tend to get charged before they become lethal. Once in combat a S9 Powerfist ought to work as a can opener.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

THe mutie squads are really good, their high number of attacks will slaughter weaker infantry and the powerfist will can openener the bigger grey knights. Bye bye termies.

And three basilisks, that's just more bad news for the IG/Greyknights

I vote LatD

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Lost and the Damned

The DH don't have enough anti-infantry firepower to take down all those mutants, and with the firepower and hoard elements of the LatD they will take the win.

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

too much mass, too much ord, to much daemonsfor the daemon hunters to handle. Though the vindicare assassin is nice and will help loads, I don't see one model winning the game..There is just maaaay too many muties for the guard and very small marine force to cope with.

I vote Lost and the Damned

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Unfortantly the DH simply dont have enough Anti tank.

I cant see the DH destorying enough units to prevent them from scoring.

However, the termintors will do well.

However i think the victory would probably go to the LATD list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm two lists with allies, though the former looks more like IG with some grey knights mixed in rather than the other way around. random battles eh? hmmm:ninja:
    those basys will take their toll before the DH find their way into rapid fire range...splat.
    LATD, though i think the DH list is cool, rough riders with DH? awesome.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

I'm gonna go against the flow, and say Daemonhunters

Remember guys, its a Cleanse mission. The majority of the LatD firepower is static, and they gain nothing for holding their own table quarter. The forward force is 3 squads of Mutants, and some daemonettes. the daemonettes can kill a squad each, then will most likely get completely kicked in.

Meanwhile, the Vindicare can pick off the Boss Mutants and Aspiring Champions with relative ease, meaning that there is a combat between 81 mutants, and 2 grand masters, 6 grey knight termies, 30 stormtroopers, 10 rough riders, 10 grey knights and 3 sentinels. Personally I think I know who will win that.

The basilisks *could* cause some damage, but when it comes down to it they will not be able to cause enough. The static firepower of the Daemonhunters will outperform that of the Traitors, meaning they have no efficient way of killing anything any more.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast